shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you iron?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 12:17:41 AM
Author: MC
I hate ironing, but I do iron all my shirts AND my kids'' clothes! Part of the reason for ironing my stuff is I line dry everything and the cloth needs to be softened back up. And, as far as the kids, it''s nice to see them going to school in fresh and soft shirts! They both love t-shirts and I do not want them to be in rumpled ones.
If you throw them in the dryer for about 5 minutes before you hang them on the line they will dry almost wrinkle free! My really good friend line dries everything... well.. hangs them up anyway, and she does this... and has found it so much easier, and doesn''t effect the integrity of the fabric at all!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 1:02:57 AM
Author: jewelerman
I iron my dress shirts and all cotton pillow cases and sheets(i prefer blends for that reason... ironing is cut in half and the shirts look great after a 2 minute pressing...Blend sheets dont need to be pressed at all....i only have one set of all cotton high thread count sheets....
WHERE do you iron sheets???? I got a duvet set from Restoration Hardware... washed it, dried it, and it''s a ball of wrinkles and I have no idea where to start! LOL!

Can you iron stuff ON the bed??? I am at a loss!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/27/2008 10:53:48 PM
Author: LostSapphire
I want a Mangler. I don''t know what it''s called in English, but in Sweden my mummy had this thing that she used to iron everything linen-wise. It''s kind of like a commercial presser with things like a wringer washer. You sit there and feed the stuff through and it comes out the other side absolutely beautiful.

The bigger stuff, you fold it and run it through.

Now I gotta get a photo...hang on....

woo hoo I see they are availalbe HERE! gotta get me one.

LS
HI:

Believe it or not, I went to sleep last nmight thinking about where I can get something like this......when you find out LS please post information. I need it for my sheets.....either that or a "press"

cheers--Sharon

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2008 11:29:53 AM
Author: canuk-gal

I want a Mangler. I don''t know what it''s called in English, but in Sweden my mummy had this thing that she used to iron everything linen-wise. It''s kind of like a commercial presser with things like a wringer washer. You sit there and feed the stuff through and it comes out the other side absolutely beautiful.

LS
HI:

Believe it or not, I went to sleep last nmight thinking about where I can get something like this......when you find out LS please post information. I need it for my sheets.....either that or a ''press''

cheers--Sharon
So, it''s called a "Mangle Iron" in english. Here''s a website: www.allbrands.com

I see them too on e-bay.

These things ROCK Sharon: everything comes out like tablecloths do at a commercial laundry: crisp and wrinkle free. My swedish mum used to run everything through because they don''t have dryers there, so everythings really wrinkled. It''s the best thing I''ve ever seen.

Gotta start the hunt!

LS

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/28/2008 5:01:11 PM

LS
HI:

Believe it or not, I went to sleep last nmight thinking about where I can get something like this......when you find out LS please post information. I need it for my sheets.....either that or a ''press''

cheers--Sharon
So, it''s called a ''Mangle Iron'' in english. Here''s a website: www.allbrands.com

I see them too on e-bay.

These things ROCK Sharon: everything comes out like tablecloths do at a commercial laundry: crisp and wrinkle free. My swedish mum used to run everything through because they don''t have dryers there, so everythings really wrinkled. It''s the best thing I''ve ever seen.

Gotta start the hunt!

LS
HI:

I don''t know where in Canada you are LS--but I''ll start the look-out here. Let me know if you find it and I''ll do the same! Thanks!

cheers--Sharon

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Yes.
I could say how I love my clothes to look good, which is true, and more expensive (nothing cheapens nice clothes like being wrinkled) but the truth is, ironing reminds me of my father, who died 8 years ago. I loved him a lot. He wasn''t demonstrative, like hugging and kissing a lot, but he would iron my clothes for me very carefully and precisely so that I went out to school, church and so on looking nice. Even when we were extremely poor. Maybe especially then. He felt it was important to take care of your appearance.

Years after I married and moved away from home, I learned to sew, and learned to love ironing even more.

A lot of people don''t realize, the reason clothes you sew can look unprofessional usually has nothing to do with how well you sewed them, but a lot to do with if you ironed properly during construction.

It''s the difference between ''homemade'' and ''handmade''. :)

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2008 6:08:03 PM

Date: 9/28/2008 5:01:11 PM

LS
HI:

cheers--Sharon
So, it''s called a ''Mangle Iron'' in english. Here''s a website: www.allbrands.com

I see them too on e-bay.

Gotta start the hunt!

LS
HI:

I don''t know where in Canada you are LS--but I''ll start the look-out here. Let me know if you find it and I''ll do the same! Thanks!

cheers--Sharon
I''m going to e-mail my sister and sis-in-law: maybe between the 3 of us we could share one....

LS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results