shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you iron?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 1:02:57 AM
Author: jewelerman
I iron my dress shirts and all cotton pillow cases and sheets(i prefer blends for that reason... ironing is cut in half and the shirts look great after a 2 minute pressing...Blend sheets dont need to be pressed at all....i only have one set of all cotton high thread count sheets....

You iron pillow cases and sheets??? OK that does it!! You are coming to my house and iron all our sheets, etc

biggyhug.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Oh heck no I don''t iron. I have a steamer somewhere, but I don''t use it. If something has minor wrinkles, I''ll throw it in the dryer again. If there are major wrinkles, then I just re-wash and re-dry.

DH, on the other hand, irons his khakis and button-down shirts - some times he gets irritated and does my stuff, too :)

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, only if I have to. My parents used it as a punishment when I was a child, so now, although I''m a dab hand at it, I hate it with a passion
14.gif

dendon

Shiny_Rock
I always iron, hate wrinkles. Was ironing the sheets for the bed the other day and husband looked at me like I was crazy. Hate wrinkles!!!!

emangry.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 1:29:12 PM
Author: Linda W

I iron my dress shirts and all cotton pillow cases and sheets(i prefer blends for that reason... ironing is cut in half and the shirts look great after a 2 minute pressing...Blend sheets dont need to be pressed at all....i only have one set of all cotton high thread count sheets....

You iron pillow cases and sheets??? OK that does it!! You are coming to my house and iron all our sheets, etc

biggyhug.gif
only one set....takes 10 minutes....ill be over to your house to start on yours after i get mine done this afternoon!
25.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 2:45:51 PM

biggyhug.gif
only one set....takes 10 minutes....ill be over to your house to start on yours after i get mine done this afternoon!
25.gif

Hey it''s a deal. Be sure to bring your jewelry collection. We can look at all of our pretties.
9.gif
36.gif
I''ll make dinner too.!!!!!!!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 2:49:49 PM

biggyhug.gif
25.gif

Hey it''s a deal. Be sure to bring your jewelry collection. We can look at all of our pretties.
9.gif
36.gif
OK...I will bring my iron,jewelry and appitite...whats for dinner?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 6:23:21 PM

biggyhug.gif
25.gif

9.gif
36.gif

Well....... my specialty is Prime Rib, with mashed potatoes, gravy and veggies. I can make anything that you are hungry for. Anything that is EXCEPT liver.
14.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
OU, dendon, penn, minims,fiery, and jeweler, my kindred spirits! I used to iron my sheets before I married DH, now he washes our linens on Mondays while I''m at work and the bed is always made before I get home. I find it soothing. Skip, I''d iron for you.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
no i dont. i think it is cute and a little funny that you love it so much

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 6:29:41 PM
Author: KimberlyH
OU, dendon, penn, minims,fiery, and jeweler, my kindred spirits! I used to iron my sheets before I married DH, now he washes our linens on Mondays while I'm at work and the bed is always made before I get home. I find it soothing. Skip, I'd iron for you.
Kimberly, Ah, thank you, I will do whatever chore you don't want to do. Hugs because you are so sweet!!
hug.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 6:29:29 PM

Date: 9/15/2008 6:23:21 PM

biggyhug.gif
25.gif

9.gif
36.gif

Well....... my specialty is Prime Rib, with mashed potatoes, gravy and veggies. I can make anything that you are hungry for. Anything that is EXCEPT liver.
14.gif
SOUNDS WONDERFUL!dont worry...the liver wont be requested any time soon!Prime rib is a great reward for a little ironing.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I loathe both ironing and wrinkles.

So my shirts go out to an ironing service and my sheets go unironed, which is a pity since I love the crispiness of freshly ironed sheets). Tshirts, pants and miscellanea are ironed by me on a need to wear basis.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 10:55:24 PM
Author: radiantquest
no i dont. i think it is cute and a little funny that you love it so much
My sister thinks I''m a freak of nature.
2.gif
Her hubby cracked up the last time I visited when I left my travel iron in the bathroom to cool off, he said "You know, we do have an iron around here SOMEWHERE, I''d be happy to find it for you if you need one that badly." I just laughed and said I was happy to provide my own. I also enjoy cleaning for the most part. Wrinkles make me crazy!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 11:00:26 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 9/15/2008 6:29:41 PM
Author: KimberlyH
OU, dendon, penn, minims,fiery, and jeweler, my kindred spirits! I used to iron my sheets before I married DH, now he washes our linens on Mondays while I''m at work and the bed is always made before I get home. I find it soothing. Skip, I''d iron for you.
Kimberly, Ah, thank you, I will do whatever chore you don''t want to do. Hugs because you are so sweet!!
hug.gif
Floors, I hate cleaning floors. We have a ton of tile in our house and it takes forever to clean. Good thing hubby does them!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Eating words...
37.gif
chew chew chew.....DH likes elegant bed linens of which I have just bought 2 sets of Yves Delorme. Beautiful but require ironing. I have just spent 30 minutes ironing shams and the upper half of a king sheet (I refuse to do the fitted!)--and watched 5 tube videos on the same.

MY iron is old and tired. If sheet ironing is going to be a permanent thing for me--can recommendations be made for a good iron? And I threw my old spray bottle away too--had to borrow my neighbours....

cheers--Sharon

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
No, unless it''s really really necessary. I wear scrubs to work, so they don''t need ironing and eveyone else wears jeans and tees, so as long as I fold the clothes right away out of the dryer, they usually don''t eed any ironing.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Love to iron! I have been known to iron hubby''s undershirts and boxers ;-)
I once saw a diagram of how to properly iron a man shirt, years ago, made me proud to know I was already doing it that way, tee hee!

And Jewelerman, I too iron my cotton sheets and pillow cases. It''s that darn duvet cover that kills me!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I hate to iron. I will do it when I sew, because it is vital then, but that''s about it. I will occasionally iron a cotton dress shirt for DH if it is an important event/meeting. Mostly, I just buy DH a lot of microfiber button downs -- he prefers the feel of those anyway. I just toss his clothes in the dryer for 10-15 minutes after washing to get the major wrinkles out, then put on a hanger to finish drying in the guest bath shower. The trick is to smooth them with your hands when you hang the shirts up (plus give the seams and button plackets a tug to straighten because they tend to shrink up in the wash). Our suits go to the cleaners, and my work blouses are all silk, so those also go to the cleaners. I use a hand steamer for touch ups. On hte weekends, I just don''t care if I have wrinkles in my casual clothes.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, not really. DH and I have been married for over 11 years and I just purchased our first iron last year...I think that I have used it once!

I love the dryer, especially the permanent press!

It helps that my husband does not have a job that requires suits and dress shirts, and the dryer is just fine for my nusing scrubs
5.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I iron my clothes every week. I love pressed, creased clothes! Summer is the worst because all the capris, shirts, etc. have to be ironed. Winter sweaters and wool pants is better - even though dry cleaning gets expensive!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For some reason I just LOVE to iron. I find it oddly theraputic. (
33.gif
) One of the best days of my life was spent ironing the package fold wrinkles out of new silk curtains I bought for our living room. And believe me, it took HOURS to do them all...

(Well, OK, maybe not one of the *best*, but you get the picture.
9.gif
)

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
No! Not unless it''s a special occassion outfit or something that I didn''t have time to bring to the cleaners. My husband wears tailored clothes every day, though, and before we were married, he ironed himself a shirt to wear to work the next morning every night! Since we''re married, I got him a bunch of the no-iron shirts - they actually look really good as long as I hang them right out fo th drier.

I hate ironing! ;-)

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
over my dead body do i iron. can''t stand it. i can never figure it out. what goes onto the ironing board as a shirt, comes off looking like it has 8 arms and hundreds of crooked pleats!
definitely swear by the throw them back in the dryer, and grab them before they wrinkle theory!!!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I want a Mangler. I don''t know what it''s called in English, but in Sweden my mummy had this thing that she used to iron everything linen-wise. It''s kind of like a commercial presser with things like a wringer washer. You sit there and feed the stuff through and it comes out the other side absolutely beautiful.

The bigger stuff, you fold it and run it through.

Now I gotta get a photo...hang on....

woo hoo I see they are availalbe HERE! gotta get me one.

LS

Foo87.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
OK so this is the only ''side view'' of it I can find. But it shows you how the fabric is fed through the roller....

OH I"M IN HEAVEN!

LS

Foo88.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I iron absolutely everything- all of our clothes, my hubby''s under shirts and work clothes, our pajamas, since we got our beautiful new mattress set, all of my sheets are now high thread count cotton sateen, all my guest towels, tablecoths, curtains and drapes and all the bedding when I change it for the season. Pretty much everything. I never thought the dryer did a very good job of removing wrinkles.

Since I iron nearly every day, I use a Rowenta "Effective". It''s not as heavy as some of their other irons (which tend to kill my arm). I also travel with a Rowenta travel iron and steamer. Every two years I fling my iron and buy a new one for $69.-

Daydreamer7130

Shiny_Rock
Hate to iron! I think it is such a waste of time. I''d rather stick the piece in the dryer with a damp washcloth and continue with getting ready. When I''m done getting ready, my clothes are ready and it''s especially nice in the winter time because they are warm and cozy!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2008 10:27:15 PM
Author:KimberlyH
I love to iron. I iron at least 5 days a week. My husband, family, and friends think I''m a nut. I own a travel iron -- DH gave it to me for Chirstmas one year and I LOVE it -- I actually bring it with me when I''m going to stay at a place where I won''t have an iron provided for me, namely my sisters'' house. So, do you iron?
I iron if something needs to be ironed. I used to iron my outfit for work the night before... had everything set out down to what earrings I was going to wear! LOL!
Now... I think I''ve ironed maybe 10 times since we had kids? MAYBE? I wear a lot of jeans and tee shirts, and just don''t have much occassion for it!

I take all of DH''s shirts to a dry cleaners to have them pressed. He wears a pressed shirt to work everyday, and I just found they look so much better when they''ve been done professionally. It''s like $1 a shirt, so REALLY not worth MY TIME.
emwink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results