shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you iron?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I love to iron. I iron at least 5 days a week. My husband, family, and friends think I''m a nut. I own a travel iron -- DH gave it to me for Chirstmas one year and I LOVE it -- I actually bring it with me when I''m going to stay at a place where I won''t have an iron provided for me, namely my sisters'' house. So, do you iron?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
No.

Brooks Brothers all cotton no Iron shirts. They''re treated with silicon (?), and don''t need ironing...but do fall apart in 6 months or so...a problem that I''ve valued enough to pay for, for many years.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I absolutely hate to iron!
14.gif
Too bad we don''t live close to each other so we could trade chores! hehe Hubby irons more than me.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I don''t iron so much anymore since I stay home. But, while I was working, I''d iron EVERY morning. I loved having freshly steamed and ironed clothes. I took to keeping an iron at work to smooth out my co-workers, too.

~still coming up as anonymous~
somethingshiny

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good for you. I iron in a pinch, but don''t love it. I should Iron more, what with the prices of dry cleaning.
20.gif

Hubby wears lots of shirts per week. If I did all those, I''d be swamped and not on PS, hehe.
31.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
NO, I hate it.
14.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
If I have to I do but have an ironing service. When I first met my husband 25 years ago he had an ironing service so I thought why change something that works so well
9.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I avoid it at all costs

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate ironing, but I do iron all my shirts AND my kids'' clothes! Part of the reason for ironing my stuff is I line dry everything and the cloth needs to be softened back up. And, as far as the kids, it''s nice to see them going to school in fresh and soft shirts! They both love t-shirts and I do not want them to be in rumpled ones.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I''m all about some creases . . .

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I iron my dress shirts and all cotton pillow cases and sheets(i prefer blends for that reason... ironing is cut in half and the shirts look great after a 2 minute pressing...Blend sheets dont need to be pressed at all....i only have one set of all cotton high thread count sheets....

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I iron my clothes but not my linens. The clothes get ironed mostly before I put them on -- there is no day set aside for ironing in my house! Anyhow, I learned how to iron from my mother, learned the importance of ironing in clothmaking classes, and I think of it as a necessity but not a chore.
9.gif

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Don''t enjoy it, not good at it.

If I needed a piece of cloth ironed, DH would do it. We just bought a steamer hoping that it would make our life easier. Well.. not exactly as easy as we saw on TV.
14.gif

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
My "ironing" is throwing it in an empty dryer until there aren''t any major wrinkles. I do have a travel steamer though, for when I don''t have access to a dryer, but it is a tedious process.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I hate it because for some reason, no matter how hard I try, I fail at ironing! I often decide not to wear things just because they have wrinkles. And despite our wonderful new bedding from our wedding, I''ve gone back to jersey knit sheets because I can''t stand how wrinkly the sheets get!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Iron? What''s that?
2.gif

DH irons before he goes out. He doesn''t need to iron for his job and I''ve never laid a hand on an iron during my adult life.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I fold the clothes up as soon as they come out of the dryer they don''t need ironing
9.gif

If they are left a few days then I don''t mind doing the ironing... but I have to do it in front of the tv or I get bored.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m marrying a fabulously talented ironer. I drop my stuff off with Fi before I get in the shower and it''s ready when I get out. Such service!
emthup.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2008 10:27:15 PM
Author:KimberlyH
I love to iron. I iron at least 5 days a week. My husband, family, and friends think I''m a nut. I own a travel iron -- DH gave it to me for Chirstmas one year and I LOVE it -- I actually bring it with me when I''m going to stay at a place where I won''t have an iron provided for me, namely my sisters'' house. So, do you iron?
Everyday. I don''t leave the house without ironing.

I have a steamer at home and never use it because regardless of what the infomercials say, its not better than ironing.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Steam..baby STEAM. Love my steamer! Hate to iron!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 6:34:11 AM
Author: sonnyjane
My 'ironing' is throwing it in an empty dryer until there aren't any major wrinkles. I do have a travel steamer though, for when I don't have access to a dryer, but it is a tedious process.
This classy/polished guy I use to work w/told me that was his secret for not ironing his shirts was what you do sonnyjane!!! I was in shock but I guess his dryer worked well??

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I DO NOT OWN AN IRON!!!
11.gif

I use Sonnyjane''s dryer method!
9.gif
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I HATE to iron. But I still iron every single freakin day.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am afraid for my life here--TWO posts about ironing in as many weeks?
2.gif
11.gif
41.gif
Things are going to hell in a laundry basket on PS......
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m teaching myself to enjoy it

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
What is this iron of which you speak?

2.gif
Not so much with the ironing.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Nope, never.

My daughter got this craft recently (perler beads) that required an adult to iron after they make their thing. So I pulled out my iron that I had not used in 15 years. My daughters response says it all. She says, "Wow mom, I had no idea you even owned an iron". That made me laugh. Most of my clothes are wash and wear and if I do have something that needs ironing, its rarely worn and sent to the cleaners. I use to iron but was never good at it.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love love love ironing too!

I remember when my mom would give us a list of chores as a kid I would always jump at the chance to iron.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I iron twice a week but I absolutely hate doing it. Yuk!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 9:52:10 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl
I DO NOT OWN AN IRON!!!
11.gif

I use Sonnyjane''s dryer method!
9.gif
2.gif

Supa grannies don''t iron
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results