carat
color
clarity

Do you have a happy marriage?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1434990790|3892646 said:
...We solved this by me saying "it's after five, I don't talk about work," and leaving the room. Or "it's the weekend, I don't want to talk about work." You have to separate yourself from work and your DH does too, or he will go nuts. Gentle but firm, no, is the only way. It sounds like you have a good start on it, and you're helping him, because obviously venting just makes it worse for him.

We also had a trick for awful clients; pretend that this is a brand new client, and none of their history exists. A fresh start in your mind. Otherwise, your attitude will get worse every day, and sometimes you can't afford to dump a client (or employer).

Hi Ilander! Thank you for sharing these words of wisdom! I have been applying your "awful clients trick" every day since you first posted it. I LOVE IT! :love: :love: :love: It has been super effective in helping me re-frame troublesome clients in a new frame of light.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
"Do you have a happy marriage?"

Happy. Not deliriously giddy happy. But content, secure, and confident that we each married our best friend.

We've been together 21 years, and married for 8. Obviously, with that many years between meeting and marrying, we had most of our baggage unpacked before we got hitched. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results