carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1363792212|3409550 said:
If you plan any time in the future to come to New York, please let us know. We'd LOVE to go jewel hunting with you!

P.S. Deb, I don't get there often but next time, will let you know ahead of time. Maybe we can plan something?

I hate New York City, but would love to do jewelry things with you, Laurie! Most definitely tell me if you are coming to the area!

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1363617023|3407750 said:
MrsAkin-

Thank you for sharing so generously of your time. I love coming here to read your postings and just have not felt able to respond adequately to them. As a result, I kept postponing making my replies, which has been rude. I apologize. I should have at least let you know what great pleasure your writing always gives me!

I have some family problems and when things get tough at home (with my 20 year-old daughter), I sometimes want to write about only some brief topic that pops up somewhere. I do not feel the energy to respond to thoughtful postings. I know that that is unfair of me and not polite. I can only say that I am not perfect ask you to forgive me.

I really enjoyed reading about your henna nights in Turkey and I love your beautiful gold jewelry and envy your access to it. Should you ever make a trip to the United States, I will try to get Jewel Freak and Sharon to New York (which is not far from where I am and between the two of them) or Washington, DC (also geographically between the two of them) so that we can look at diamonds and colored gems with you. I suspect that New York is better for diamonds, but the other ladies may have sources about which I do not know!

Thank you so much for all the beauty you have shared here!

Hugs,
Deb

HI:

What fun that would be! I am honored to have been thought of in this way--in such good company.

cheers--Sharon

P.S. Watch this thread- I soon will have something (s) to add! =)

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thought I'd post this here...my 2nd gold piece is courtesy of Sharon being kind enough to sell me the Marco Bicego piece I coveted but didn't buy last year. I love it (I bought it sight unseen, because I had a feeling I would adore it) and think it looks great with my earrings (which were my first gold jewelry buy. I like that it's not match matchy).

Thank you Sharon! :wavey:

20130321_0.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1363903421|3410607 said:
Thought I'd post this here...my 2nd gold piece is courtesy of Sharon being kind enough to sell me the Marco Bicego piece I coveted but didn't buy last year. I love it (I bought it sight unseen, because I had a feeling I would adore it) and think it looks great with my earrings (which were my first gold jewelry buy. I like that it's not match matchy).

Thank you Sharon! :wavey:

Beautiful! You are welcome! :wavey: :appl:

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
they look great together, TG: coordinated but not matchy...which i don't like. each piece remains distinct and able to be appreciated on its own yet works with the other. nicely done!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Stunning TG!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks all! And yes MZ, that was the look I was going for (coordinated, not matchy matchy, so I'm glad you think so too!)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, TravelingGal! I just wanted to pipe up and say that there is no rule that you have to stop at two pieces.

PS-I really admired the Marco Bicego pieces I saw in person at Lux Bond & Green. I had never seen them "in the flesh" until I saw them there about a year ago. Very, very nice!

Deb/AGBF

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Adding to my list of fav's--McTeigue & McClelland.

In what can only be considered shameless self promotion--please to go the SMTR forum to see new "Spring" goodies! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1363975421|3411182 said:

In what can only be considered shameless self promotion--please to go the SMTR forum to see new "Spring" goodies! :bigsmile:

You're not off the hook, Sharon. You are still required to post photos of your new gold jewelry here in The Gold Thread. If you don't want to repeat posting all your photos, you may post a link to the other thread in this thread so that people can go to the other thread to see the photos you took of the packages and the roses. (Or you may post those photos in this thread.) What you may not do is ignore The Gold Thread simply because you started another thread. The Gold Thread needs photos of gold jewelry in order to maintain its health and to thrive. I just thought you might need a gentle reminder.

Your friend,
Deb
:saint:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1363986938|3411330 said:
canuk-gal|1363975421|3411182 said:

You're not off the hook, Sharon. You are still required to post photos of your new gold jewelry here in The Gold Thread. If you don't want to repeat posting all your photos, you may post a link to the other thread in this thread so that people can go to the other thread to see the photos you took of the packages and the roses. (Or you may post those photos in this thread.) What you may not do is ignore The Gold Thread simply because you started another thread. The Gold Thread needs photos of gold jewelry in order to maintain its health and to thrive. I just thought you might need a gentle reminder.

Your friend,
Deb

HI Deb:

My heart belongs to this thread.......you know it!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/spring-has-sprung.187189/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/spring-has-sprung.187189/[/URL]

And should any decent IRL neckshots come from my summer vacay...I promise to post them here. I plan to wear these two pieces everyday in Hawaii. Can't think of a nicer locale to "show off", altho my skin/neck will be the same scandal it always it....

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

canuk-gal|1119890631|410393 said:
HI:

Of course--but since you''ve no formal plans for hypothesis
2.gif
testing, may we at least see your new bobbles?  In what karat gold? 

cheers--Sharon

2nd the request for high karat gold ****........

eta: and as is said on another forum i frequent: PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1363956187|3410982 said:
Gorgeous, TravelingGal! I just wanted to pipe up and say that there is no rule that you have to stop at two pieces.

PS-I really admired the Marco Bicego pieces I saw in person at Lux Bond & Green. I had never seen them "in the flesh" until I saw them there about a year ago. Very, very nice!

Deb/AGBF

Thanks Deb...I just lurk here most of the time. I'm so deliberate in what I choose, it takes me awhile to buy! ::)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Re:

movie zombie|1364001339|3411495 said:
canuk-gal|1119890631|410393 said:
HI:

Of course--but since you''ve no formal plans for hypothesis
2.gif
testing, may we at least see your new bobbles?  In what karat gold? 

cheers--Sharon

2nd the request for high karat gold ****........

eta: and as is said on another forum i frequent: PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

MZMZMZ...throw me a bone (aka Austin POwers...) :rodent:

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon posted this photo of her wearing her quadrille necklace in the other thread. I absolutely love it and wanted to be sure that everyone who saw this thread saw it! As another poster noted, the chain is almost invisible and gives the illusion that the pendant is just floating.

Deb

neckshotsharonquadrille.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
I just like the brides hands, could they wash them? How long the dye stays on the hands? MrsAkin, your jewelry are so beautiful...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks great, sharon! :wavey:
sometimes a piece has to be worn to be appreciated.......and i fear i wasn't appreciating it until i saw this picture.
congrats! it looks like its floating! :love: :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1364309845|3413693 said:
looks great, sharon! :wavey:
sometimes a piece has to be worn to be appreciated.......and i fear i wasn't appreciating it until i saw this picture.
congrats! it looks like its floating! :love: :appl:

HI MZ--thanks for chiming in. I like the look of it almost not being there--just a hint yanno? Can't wait until we have weather conducive to barely there clothing! :bigsmile: KWIM?

cheers--Shaorn

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Sharon, that is a very alluring look with the off-the shoulder shirt.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1365742506|3425273 said:
Yoo hoo, Deb! Do I remember reading that you recently became a redhead? Don't you think these would be perfect with your new look?

http://www.doylenewyork.com/asp/fullCatalogue.asp?salelot=13JL02+++113+&refno=++925379

Rosebloom-

Yeah...they are pretty nice with my new look. Since I have a Mia farrow type haircut and you can see my earrings perfectly nowadays. But guess what? If you look back in this thread, you can see that I saved up for and splurged on this very pair of earrings a couple of years ago! I have been wearing them with my short red hair on occasions when I don't think they will get damaged or stolen! Thank you so much for thinking of me...and it is amazing that you picked the very earrings I picked!!!

Hugs,
Deb

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Well that is too funny! I saw them and immediately thought that it looked like something that you would like. I thought I remembered that you had a similar gold circle pair that got lost. But I obviously forgot the happy ending to the story! I'm sure they look amazing with Mia Farrow style 'do. And it goes without saying that I love your taste!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1365776134|3425432 said:
Well that is too funny! I saw them and immediately thought that it looked like something that you would like. I thought I remembered that you had a similar gold circle pair that got lost. But I obviously forgot the happy ending to the story! I'm sure they look amazing with Mia Farrow style 'do. And it goes without saying that I love your taste!

Wow! What a memory you have, Rosebloom! It is so sweet that you remember something like that about another poster (and for me that you remember it about me!).

I took the opportunity of my losing those earrings to upgrade significantly!!! You are just so kind!!!

Hugs,
Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While reading a thread Sharon started about a dilemma-actually two dilemmas-she has, I started to ruminate about an Elsa Peretti gold mesh bracelet that I have had on my Tiffany wishlist for years.

Since I don't wish to hijack that thread, I thought I'd bring my gold mesh bracelet thoughts over here. I have a lot of gold mesh jewelry. I believe that I have two bracelets that could be considered mesh, but I am not sure about the second one. I think I am going to have to go to my safe deposit box and get them out and photograph them to get your opinions. (This always take me time. I hate going to the bank!)

In the meantime, here are the two stock photos Tiffany has of the bracelet I have been wanting. It is the wider of the two by Elsa Peretti that it currently sells.

Deb

elsaperettiygmeshbracelet1.jpg

elsaperettiygmeshbracelet2.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I always wondered how these bracelets "sat" on the wrist--are yours comfy Deb? I honestly don't like the feeling of a bracelet anything coming down onto my hand and I think these mesh bracelets might do that. Do they?

cheers--Sharon

MrsAkin

Rough_Rock
Deb,

I'm so sorry for responding so late. Since this past January my life is hectic! My grandmother had a heart attack, my father in law had a brain hemorrhage and we sold our house & moved 6 weeks ago. The internet company finally decided it was time for us to have internet access again (!) and finished the process today. The said process may or may not include nearly 10 phone calls and some PG rated words said by my husband! :angryfire:

How great would it be to go diamond shopping with you, Sharon and Laurie! You seem really close, do you ever get together?

There is one thing I'd like to add. Since you have a grown up daughter and I'm only 26 it really makes me blush to see how nice you are! Here in Turkey we respect our elders and they never apologize! Even when they're wrong young people should stay calm and quiet- it's disrespectful to talk back. And you weren't even being rude to begin with! Sometimes life gets in the way. I really hope your problems gets resolved. I don't know what kind of problems you have with your daughter but give her some time - as we girls grow up our understanding for our moms also grow.

alice87- thank you. When you apply henna it shouldn't have contact with water for a few hours. We prefer to let it really work overnight. After that you can wash your hands and the dye would stay on for...two weeks tops but I think it looks the best for the first few days. It slowly fades everytime you wash your hands. :)

Veyron82

Rough_Rock
I also love fope jewellery, have a couple and they work with a casual look or formal wear.
Although I do worry about losing them and I do not take them for clubbing.
I also have a piece by UNO a erre given by mom as usual.
She buys and pass on.... :lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a project going with pearls and 22k gold....
see: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-earrings.187483/page-2#post-3447880#p3447880
would love the opinion of the high karat fans as well re changing from a hook to a post.
please come on over and tell me what you think.
I would have started a new topic in this forum but I think the quickest way to get your attention is in this thread!
besides, it needed a good bump........ :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results