shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love this thread: its the thread that keeps on "giving".....thanks, deb, for making sure it didn't go the way of the dodo when the conversion happened long ago!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Coati, wow, that is just droolworthy and looks awesome on your hand. All the rings looks amazing!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1342838312|3237578 said:
Coati, wow, that is just droolworthy and looks awesome on your hand. All the rings looks amazing!

QFT!!!!!!!!!

wowser!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one dangerous thread. I have been working on my white metals staples the last few years, but I am already drawn to these beautiful gold pieces!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the siren of high karat gold is difficult to resist....... :naughty:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
coati/Erika-

I have the most serious ring envy of your rings!!! They really are to die for! Your photos of them are also absolutely wonderful! Wear all of them in good health and make everyone else blind and jealous!

Hugs,
Deb
:saint:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1342740635|3236905 said:
T-Gal, when did you become so conservative?! :-o

you buy one of each of the colors you mentioned so you can change the look as your mood and fancy strike you! :cheeky:

oh, and please add olive green: it would look fab with your pendant. :appl:

might i also recommend getting some different lengths so you can change the look not only as the mood and fancy strike you but as your neckline changes with whatever top you're wearing? :devil:

live a little, woman! live dangerously! these are silk cords, not diamonds or tsav garnets! :lol:

HI ya'll:

I've started to wear my gold "rings" on gold chains...and black silk cord. My husbands old 24k wedding band no longer fits his finger...but looks cool around my neck. I "could" get it sized...but another piece of jewellery for ME...heheheee ;-). Actually I like his ring around my throat--close to my heart.

I like the look of my old yellow Cartier Trinity on a gold chain...and I love the 24K and black cord. I loop it thru so you see the "loop".... I layer it with my Tiffany Initial pendant...or wear it alone...

Deb--your YH pretzel would look very cool on a black cord...... =)

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1342913693|3237870 said:

Cords are not my "thing", Sharon. I really like matching 24K gold chains with 24K jewelry. I've always been one of those super conservative, classical, "matchy matchy" types. The antithesis of MZ. I didn't have my ears pierced until age 48. I just wore small pearl earrings to work every day. Even now the high karat gold seems a bit daring to me! (I mean, it's a very brassy color!)

Deb/AGBF

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
you got that right, sister! "matchy matchy" is so NOT me....... :lol:

take a walk on the wild side with me, Deb, and get a black cord just for fun and to say you did it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1342972620|3238126 said:

take a walk on the wild side with me, Deb, and get a black cord just for fun and to say you did it!

:bigsmile: :appl: :bigsmile:

Try it you might like it!! (they are so inexpensive--it wouldn't be a costly "experiment")

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1342972620|3238126 said:

You and Sharon are like the "bad girls" in Junior High, MZ. You are going to get me in trouble. In fact it was you, MZ, and former regular poster mineminemine, who got me to buy my first orange stone (an orange spessartite)! I had thought I hated orange and would never buy an orange stone or wear the color orange. Now I have that orange spess ring in high karat gold; small Gurhan 24K spess earrings and a matching Gurhan ring; two orange leather pocketbooks (one a Bottega Veneta); and a pair of orange leather shoes!

Deb
:read:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol, Deb!

I really like the idea of the Cartier Trinity rings on a black cord. I always think about getting a Trinity ring but have not been sure how much I'd wear it. This would actually give one more opportunity to wear it.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, Deb!

you do have it in you to walk on the wild side!

any woman that has gone over to "orange" with such gusto can wear a black ribbon/leather/or silk rope instead of a chain with her pretzel.....geez, i think having the pretzel in the first place is on the wild side!

i do wonder what happened to mineminemine..........we were going orange at the same time.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1342984356|3238209 said:
Lol, Deb!

I really like the idea of the Cartier Trinity rings on a black cord. I always think about getting a Trinity ring but have not been sure how much I'd wear it. This would actually give one more opportunity to wear it.

The Trinity ring works very well on the cord--much "better" then my DH's wedding band; I think b/c of the width. I wer it on my finger--and around my neck--dual purpose!

cheers--Sharon

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
AGBF|1342969685|3238105 said:

Cords are not my "thing", Sharon. I really like matching 24K gold chains with 24K jewelry. I've always been one of those super conservative, classical, "matchy matchy" types. The antithesis of MZ. I didn't have my ears pierced until age 48. I just wore small pearl earrings to work every day. Even now the high karat gold seems a bit daring to me! (I mean, it's a very brassy color!)

Deb/AGBF

Hi Deb,
You could always try a matchy-matchy style cord...maybe a nude color or light tan--or even a thin, gold leather cord could look interesting. I must admit, I too prefer a gold chain! Though, a dark cord's contrast is very interesting. I also love high karat with oxidized silver. I have a large Tahitian pearl pendant with a 22k bail that looks great with a larger-link blackened silver chain.

In any case, thought I'd add a visual--Temple St. Clair wearing her amulets on black leather cords. (from JCK 2011)

img_1691_0.jpg

Thanks for the kind words about my rings. I've spent the last few years adding to my gold collection!!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI ya'll:

I've started to wear my gold "rings" on gold chains...and black silk cord. My husbands old 24k wedding band no longer fits his finger...but looks cool around my neck. I "could" get it sized...but another piece of jewellery for ME...heheheee ;-). Actually I like his ring around my throat--close to my heart.

I like the look of my old yellow Cartier Trinity on a gold chain...and I love the 24K and black cord. I loop it thru so you see the "loop".... I layer it with my Tiffany Initial pendant...or wear it alone...

cheers--Sharon

Would love to see pictures!! I love rings on chains/cords--the sentiment is lovely as well.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
coatimundi|1343067758|3238627 said:
HI ya'll:

cheers--Sharon

Would love to see pictures!! I love rings on chains/cords--the sentiment is lovely as well.

I should GiT and take some pics...the rngs on the cord do you appear like the picture you posted.....

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
TravelingGal|1343243240|3239876 said:
I admit, I'm liking the YG!!

There's no turning back now, Tgal... :naughty:
I think you need a band... :saint:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
coatimundi|1343246374|3239924 said:

*sigh* this is true. ;( ::)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1343253167|3240024 said:
coatimundi|1343246374|3239924 said:

*sigh* this is true. ;( ::)

Can I recommend my old friend, Gurhan????? And there is always Yossi..... :love:

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
they look lovely on you, T-Gal! thanks for posting the "other" thread link. hammered high karat gold is just so lovely.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks MZ and Sharon!

Sharon, I always look at the secondhand stuff on Oakgem, but was always more than I wanted to spend on a metal I didn't think would look good on me. I may rethink. :cheeky:

And I'll be in and out of this thread for ideas, so keep posting! :love:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
have one already: 18k italian gold which is really two rings in one; one ring is hammered, the other smooth; put them together and the separate bands alternate. looks like one ring but comes apart something like a puzzle ring. bought it several years ago in carmel. don't think i ever posted a picture of it. i need to remedy that!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
movie zombie|1343358958|3241108 said:
have one already: 18k italian gold which is really two rings in one; one ring is hammered, the other smooth; put them together and the separate bands alternate. looks like one ring but comes apart something like a puzzle ring. bought it several years ago in carmel. don't think i ever posted a picture of it. i need to remedy that!

Yes, you do. tsk tsk tsk :naughty:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
never was but especially now!

i have a rather hefty 18k gold wide band wedding ring from my long extinct 2nd marriage. i should have that melted down and put to good use: sitting in the jewelry box just isn't a good use given what gold is worth now!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I just finished reading this entire thread - checking out every link and picture and learning a great deal.  It took me a week!  And I am officially hooked on high karat gold!

I appreciated every piece posted but thinking about it now the pieces that really stand out as my favorites are...
- Sharon's classic, elegant Gehry bracelet and Links of London necklace
- Movie Zombie's spectacular spess ring
- Coati's to-die-for set (solitaire, three stone and bands)
- Rosetta's whole amazing collection (especially the ruby set)
- And Deb's gorgeous bangles, Gurhan inspired bezeled rings, and the various gold ball earrings she posted

I'm going to order a very simple and inexpensive 24k (over silver - not solid... yet) hammered band to see if I like the look on me.  It looks divine on everyone who's been posting here!  

Thank you for the wonderful fun and inspiration. Love this thread!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome aboard, Rose! i don't think even i have read every post in this thread. but there is definitely some great eye candy [thank you for including my spess in your list].

i have a set of pearl dangle earrings that i got at the de Young museum in san francisco last year: 24k over lead-free pewter. they are divine.

because of the activity in this thread i'm about to buy a set of hammered 22k or 18k gold hoops for myself....this thread will do that to a reader!

again, welcome and please don't forget that eye candy is always appreciated...... :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results