Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/9/2010 5:04:23 PM
Author: Rachel9

Yum! those remind me these 22k weaved beads:
Beautiful bracelet, Rachel. Am I supposed to recognize where it comes from? (I don''t, but I admire it!)

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the Greek head you are considering, tradergirl? I like this one a lot.

AGBF
34.gif

GoldGreekHead.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the 22K Alexander the Great pendant. Is this the other piece you are considering?

AGBF
34.gif

GoldAlexanderTheGreat.jpg

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes to both. Probably going with the Greek head. The other is kinda masculine looking.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/9/2010 10:35:10 PM
Author: tradergirl

Yes to both. Probably going with the Greek head. The other is kinda masculine looking.
I commend (and envy) your choice! I hadn't noticed that the Alexander the Great was masculine looking, only that the Greek head seemed to be exceptionally well executed artistically. It is really very nice indeed!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to provide a link to a site mentioned above by Christiana: Zolotas.

AGBF
34.gif

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 76.39%; HEIGHT: 244px">Date: 1/9/2010 10:08:33 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
1/9/2010 5:04:23 PM
Author: Rachel9

Yum! those remind me these 22k weaved beads:
Beautiful bracelet, Rachel. Am I supposed to recognize where it comes from? (I don't, but I admire it!)

AGBF
Thanks for your kind comment AG, I ordered the necklace/bracelet locally, Ari did his best to find a substantial one for this heart pendant, [purchased overseas a decade ago] to be honest, I don't think is a good match, the 8" bracelet is also an extender great option for turtle necks or can be double-up as a choker. We talked about transforming the 24k gold heart into a brooch but I'm not fun of those, oh well.
*The first greek head is lovely!
50gr coming up:

50gr22&24k.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I was looking at yellow gold charm bracelets for a thread in Hangout my eye wandered to some Links of London charms that I had admired back when Sharon was buying something from Links of London. (I think it was you, Sharon. Remind me of what you bought!) At any rate, since I am very susceptible to yellow gold, I saw one of the charms and remembered that it had been paired with another piece the last time I saw it. (What is shown on the website now is a plain yellow gold disc set with diamonds meant to look like the surface of the moon. I remembered the necklace I had seen as being more complex.)

By doing a search I was able to find what I was looking for. At one point, at least, Links of London had sold the disc paired with a diamond pavé crescent moon. I covet that necklace! I don''t even know if it is still available, and if it is, it certainly isn''t something for which I have budgeted!

AGBF
34.gif

WatchOverMeMoon&Crescent18ctGoldPendant.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Deb--I wish I had alerted you when I saw those pieces on sale as you correctly mentioned, they are D/C''d. I did not end up buying any....as I want to enjoy the Links of London (and everything else) stuff I have. But they were SO gorgeous!

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/10/2010 10:08:58 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Deb--I wish I had alerted you when I saw those pieces on sale as you correctly mentioned, they are D/C''d. I did not end up buying any....as I want to enjoy the Links of London (and everything else) stuff I have. But they were SO gorgeous!
Hi, Sharon. The necklace was too expensive for me to buy when I first saw it, or I would have bought it! I also loved their even more fabulously expensive St. Andrew''s cross (that my Greek Orthodox relatives have on their churches). C''est la vie!

AGBF
34.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to post one of my more modest but modern looking high karat gold items. Please forgive the lack of designer name. My other high karat gold pieces are probably too chunky for most PSers taste, and also typically Asian in design. If it doesn’t belong here, feel free to have the moderators remove them.

hand23kt3.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A closer view.

smallhand23ktleaf.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This picture shows how much "yellower" 23 kt gold is compared to 18 kt gold.

18kt23ktcomparefront.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The back view.

18kt23ktcomparison.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking pretty with my latest WF ring.

triosideincan3.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A similar picture as the previous.

trioincan3.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A final hand shot with my new Mahenge in its Whiteflash setting, my high karat gold leaf motif band and my Signed Pieces 7 stone diamond band.

triohand3.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely Chrono!

Deb: Some of that collection was 50-70% off on clearance--but I don''t recall seeing the large gold circles....probably sold before I got there, or sold at full price. I certainly saw the crescent moon reduced! Much more affordable on sale!!

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/11/2010 3:53:10 PM
Author: Chrono

I am going to post one of my more modest but modern looking high karat gold items. Please forgive the lack of designer name. My other high karat gold pieces are probably too chunky for most PSers taste, and also typically Asian in design. If it doesn’t belong here, feel free to have the moderators remove them.
I love seeing your ring, Chrono! I would also love to see the chunky, "typically Asian" pieces that you own. I love high karat gold. I would love to see high karat gold of all kinds here in this thread. Chinese gold is probably the most reliably "pure" gold in the world. You said that your ring is 23K, however. Where was that made? If it was made in Hong Kong or China I would expect that it would be 24K. Is it because it was made with some white gold that it is considered 23K? Tell me more!

AGBF
34.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
AGBF, have you considered becoming a gold designer? If you did you''d be my favorite gold designer.
17.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono, love your rings!
30.gif

DH surprised me with this 18kt trinity bracelet......

trinitybracelet 006.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
another view....

trinitybracelet 003.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2010 12:09:02 AM
Author: AGBF
I love seeing your ring, Chrono! I would also love to see the chunky, ''typically Asian'' pieces that you own. I love high karat gold. I would love to see high karat gold of all kinds here in this thread. Chinese gold is probably the most reliably ''pure'' gold in the world. You said that your ring is 23K, however. Where was that made? If it was made in Hong Kong or China I would expect that it would be 24K. Is it because it was made with some white gold that it is considered 23K? Tell me more!

AGBF
34.gif
Deb,

I just remembered another special pendant piece that my late grandmother commissioned for me. It’s handmade and has pretty intricate work for something using 23K yellow gold. Unfortunately, it sustained slight damage when I wore it too often. It is styled as a flower with 3 little stamens bursting out from the center and the center stamen broke. I will get it out from the safety box for a photoshoot. My other chunky “typically Asian” pieces are terribly heavy and some are so thick and heavy it is almost impossible to wear. I will probably bring my camera to the box because I’m too afraid to bring it home for photography, which means sucky pictures. My “collection” ranges from 23K to 24K pieces. They are Chinese made but not in HK or China. The stamp on them says either 96.9% or 99.9% which I calculated to equal 23K and 24K.

As for the leaf band, I’m not sure what’s the white portion (2 leaves) but the stamp on the band says 96.9%. It is only a thin layer above a thick yellow gold of the same colour and material as the rest of the band. For rings, I go with 23K because it gives slightly better strength for everyday wear, although I suspect it probably doesn’t make much difference. For necklaces, earrings and bracelets, I prefer 24K pieces.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
to match the trinity ring which I have already......

cartier 002.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2010 7:44:29 AM
Author: megeve
Chrono, love your rings!
30.gif

Thanks, Megeve. Oh man, look at that bracelet!!! Wrist shots coming up?
31.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2010 7:51:36 AM
Author: Chrono

Date: 1/12/2010 7:44:29 AM
Author: megeve
Chrono, love your rings!
30.gif

Thanks, Megeve. Oh man, look at that bracelet!!! Wrist shots coming up?
31.gif

Thanks, Chrono!

Unfortunately not!
7.gif
We are in the process of moving end of the month and most of the jewelry are in the safe right now, so I can't get to them! (And I hate hand and wrist shots for my old dried wrinkled skin!!!!
31.gif
)

ETA: Just found out that I do have the ring here (not the bracelet though, will try for a handshot!
27.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OHHHHHHH Cartier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love love love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks canuk-gal!

Sorry for this crappy pic but it has been overcast over the last few days, well.....

trinity 032.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results