shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you enjoy throwing parties?

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
I don’t even like having people over for dinner but We do family Sunday dinner once a month at our house

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t even like having people over for dinner but We do family Sunday dinner once a month at our house

I live with my parents for now, and while I love my nephews, my siblings and their kids are over a lot more often than I'd prefer lol

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
I live with my parents for now, and while I love my nephews, my siblings and their kids are over a lot more often than I'd prefer lol

Yea that would be terrible for me. Hopefully you can get your own place soon. I remember when I got divorced 10 years ago I had no money because my ex was controlling and I had to start over from scratch. I ended taking a live in nanny job for a year.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I love throwing a party! But my house isn’t the biggest, so I’ll plan and host at a restaurant, theater, club, etc sometimes which is less stressful. People can’t stay forever, or if they do, I can eventually go home and leave them there

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to entertain frequently and loved it despite being an introvert. I haven’t hosted a party for several years but I’m ready to get back into it.

I love planning all the details and food. I don’t mind the tedious parts like prep and cleanup too much. I have a pretty good group of friends who are not super reliant on needing the hostess to check on them. I have used sitters in the past so people can enjoy some time socializing while their kiddos are occupied. Years ago when we only had one bathroom, we rented a port-a-potty and that was a huge convenience. If I were someone with iffy plumbing I’d consider that option, just saying.

I’m not a hoverer—I don’t flit around the party making sure everyone’s having a good time. There are those several guests who always blend people into the mix and act as the entertainment. I just kind of nosh, chat, and act as a conduit if necessary when someone shows up who doesn’t know everybody. I’m not super formal or fussy and don’t mind people making themselves at home, if you need something, help yourself.

@nala I hope you end up doing something fabulous for your 50th that doesn’t cause stress! I would not like to feel like just another “option” and I’m sorry that happened with your last couple planned gatherings. I cannot imagine being invited to a house with a pool and not considering that to be the best I’m gonna do! But we have a short pool season where I live so maybe it’s just that I don’t take it for granted. And obviously it’s not just the pool, I wouldn’t RSVP yes and then not show up because something better came up. Time for new friends! New decade, new posse!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results