shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you always need a spacer with a u=prong against an ER?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm looking into reseting my 7-stone bar-set as a u-prong eternity. I wonder if I should reconsider the setting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Do you always need a spacer with a u=prong against an ER

It depends on the height of the finished band and also the height of the head of the e-ring as to whether the diamonds in the band will come into contact and possibly rub prongs on the e-ring. I'd just get a low setting anytime a band is going to be worn with an e-ring.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks DS. My ER is set fairly high. I think I'll try on the ring bf they set the stones to try to judge. Also - not to be dense, but the girdles are still going to rub the ring, right? Even if it's below where the prongs actually start. I don't want to wear a spacer, if I can get away with it. THX again.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

As DS2006 mentioned - the configuration of the two (the practicality and the wear it will take) may need to be a bigger consideration than the look of the two.

Even something that 'barely rubs' or doesn't cause 'much' problem will have a noticeable effect over years of wear.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hmmmmm- maybe back to shared prong????? IDK. I don't want a spacer, that's a given.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results