shape
carat
color
clarity

Do these rings look good together?

Lulu824

Rough_Rock
Hello first post here!
Just wondering what you think of these rings together?
The setting the emerald is in is not my favorite but it was a gift, so I can’t reset for a while without causing offense to the giver.
The band is an anniversary band I have. I have a separate everyday set but would wear this on special occasions. 411274EE-612F-4047-AB5E-CD78C098B97F.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the emerald ring (stunning by the way) by its self. It definitely can hold its own! The round band is just a distraction (to me).

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that the emerald ring is substantial enough to wear alone. And omg lovely!!!

The band is also lovely, but the size of the (and being round) stones competes with the emerald to my eye. They would look great on opposing hands!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
That emerald ring is a show stopper on its own :kiss2:

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Personally, I don't love this look... but if you do, rock it!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love both rings
id wear them on two diffetent hands

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally no. The emerald is a show stopper, the band looks out of place on the same finger imo.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
really beautiful! I'd wear them separatly. on sperarate hands. but you ought to do as you please.

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
They are stunning rings but there’s too much competition with them together. I agree with everyone that I’d wear one on each hand. But what is most important is how you feel. If you love them together then wear them together!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too much of a good thing for me.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I'd wear separately.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that the emerald cut stands on it's own and doesn't need a band. I think it's gorgeous. Just wondering what you are thinking about for a reset? I'd keep it just as it is, but then of course, I'm not the lucky one who gets to wear it. Whatever you decide, enjoy. It's a beautiful gift.

Lulu824

Rough_Rock
EDDADFC0-CD26-4284-BE9D-6102A20430EA.jpeg 288F324F-4485-4251-8592-4BC2ED45C977.jpeg Thanks for the input! I was on the fence about the rings together which is why I asked
I’m surprised everyone likes the emerald cut ring so much. Maybe I should just learn to love it? I attached the 2 setting that are my favorite...but like i said i can’t reset it for a while anyway. It seems to me the side stones kind of detracted from the center stone. But yes it’s a very nice gift and I’m a spoiled brat for complaining!
Do u guys think the current setting is better than these examples?

Last edited:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I love the emerald cut ring too. But definitely separate them.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both gorgeous rings but I would wear them separately. IMO, the EC ring doesn't need any more bling with it.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your stunning ring as is and alone! It’s different, whereas the pave shank bands are very popular. I love unique and a bling fest to boot! Lovely gift!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello first post here!
The setting the emerald is in is not my favorite but it was a gift, so I can’t reset for a while without causing offense to the giver.
The band is an anniversary band I have. I have a separate everyday set but would wear this on special occasions. 411274EE-612F-4047-AB5E-CD78C098B97F.jpeg
some story i only glanced at popped up on my google feed and it reminded me of your rings .. with a slight addition
sorry its only a screen shot, it wouldn't let me download it
Screenshot_20190730-142730.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes like everyone, i love the rings separately worn.

Andy Tan

Rough_Rock
Hello first post here!

Hello there! It is my first post too - how fitting!

The rings are lovely - while for me - being a designer (My day job! Haha) - As much as the rings are beautiful individually - Soft balancing is needed for me; a mixture of hard and soft textures.

Soft balancing is a recent addition to balance of power theory used to describe non-military forms of balancing evident since the end of the Cold War - if you google this part.

For short, design wise - adding a flat area or visible band would be a great balance to the overall effect. Try it out! ;)2

Best,

Andy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results