shape
carat
color
clarity

DIY eternity band

stacyj11101

Rough_Rock
Omg I just stumbled upon this. This is so frighten exciting. I’m actually in the process of having my dream eternity band completed with ovals. Mine are .50 but the jeweler says it will face up more like .70 with a share prong setting. Mine are F-G color with VS1 stones. Should be completed this week in time for my 20th anniversary on the 14th. I already have a 5.75 diamond oval solitaire and I probably won’t be able to wear them together. Can’t wait to see your finished product. image.jpg

stacyj11101

Rough_Rock
Omg I just stumbled upon this. This is so frighten exciting. I’m actually in the process of having my dream eternity band completed with ovals. Mine are .50 but the jeweler says it will face up more like .70 with a share prong setting. Mine are F-G color with VS1 stones. Should be completed this week in time for my 20th anniversary on the 14th. I already have a 5.75 diamond oval solitaire and I probably won’t be able to wear them together. Can’t wait to see your finished product. image.jpg

Omg typos. Should have said friggen instead of frighten and were upon our 10th anniversary vs 20. Lol. This is what I get for being up and looking at diamonds at 1230 am ♥️

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please post when you get it @stacyj11101 !

And of course, @wolfgre you know we're expecting pictures out of you! Your ring has been quite the labor of love with buying all
the stones and all. We definitely need to see it in all its glory!

wolfgre

Rough_Rock

You should start your own thread to document your project..... no need for hijacking....

wolfgre

Rough_Rock
Just got images from my jeweler. This is the ROUGH casting. He is setting all the stones this week! I have dinner reservations to gift this to her this weekend. C72E75E8-04F7-4FEF-9783-4CAE4215D25D.jpeg

Attachments

• A344D604-CC2B-49A2-8EA2-E41C0EB72A37.jpeg
    A344D604-CC2B-49A2-8EA2-E41C0EB72A37.jpeg
    320.1 KB · Views: 11

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Just got images from my jeweler. This is the ROUGH casting. He is setting all the stones this week! I have dinner reservations to gift this to her this weekend. C72E75E8-04F7-4FEF-9783-4CAE4215D25D.jpeg

This is so exciting! I’m learning so much from your project as I’m about to embark on getting a band custom made. I’m not ordering stones myself but have taken notes from your posts (thanks!). Just curious, did you search and order each stone individually or did Ritani match them for you based on your specs?

Can’t wait to see the end product and hear about the reaction. I’m sure she’ll be beyond thrilled and delighted. I need to get my husband to read your thread. ;)2

wolfgre

Rough_Rock
This is so exciting! I’m learning so much from your project as I’m about to embark on getting a band custom made. I’m not ordering stones myself but have taken notes from your posts (thanks!). Just curious, did you search and order each stone individually or did Ritani match them for you based on your specs?

Can’t wait to see the end product and hear about the reaction. I’m sure she’ll be beyond thrilled and delighted. I need to get my husband to read your thread. ;)2

I searched for every stone individually. I put my specs into all the online retailers. I purchase from: Ritani, Bluenile, and James Allen. My specs were tight so it took me a while to find ones that matched my criteria. Only found one SI1 with my criteria all the others are VS or above including one internally flawless.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, namecalling will not be tolerated here. I've removed a few posts, please remember to keep it kind.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I searched for every stone individually. I put my specs into all the online retailers. I purchase from: Ritani, Bluenile, and James Allen. My specs were tight so it took me a while to find ones that matched my criteria. Only found one SI1 with my criteria all the others are VS or above including one internally flawless.

Thanks for clarifying. Glad you didn’t have to wait long to collect all the stones. It must have been a good feeling every time you received shipment. I might have tried doing it your way if I live in the US. So much more options than in Canada that’s for sure. Good luck this weekend!

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
HI @wolfgre, do you see any/a lot of bow tie effect on your diamonds? I was shown one lot of oval stones and the bowtie was quite evident on each stone. Like this...screenshot from video the vendor sent.

0AEAAC7A-635C-4F1F-9A53-290E63A17723.jpeg

wolfgre

Rough_Rock
HI @wolfgre, do you see any/a lot of bow tie effect on your diamonds? I was shown one lot of oval stones and the bowtie was quite evident on each stone. Like this...screenshot from video the vendor sent.

0AEAAC7A-635C-4F1F-9A53-290E63A17723.jpeg

At first, I was concerned about bow tie. After looking at thousands of stones..... bow tie began to look normal to me. As long as the bow tie was not significant I didn’t mind. Now that the piece is completed, if you know what you are looking at, you will see the bow ties. Funny part is, my jeweler lined up the bow ties perfectly and they look great. In the end, your finger moves a lot. People will see the sparkle and scintillation before bow tie.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I got the call! The band is ready. Turned out amazing!!! I’ll have more photos soon. It is hard to photograph. I may need to get out the Nikon. Any tips for photographing?

9C300D0A-53E5-4269-9598-8D677B5A5816.jpeg

OMG, absolutely gorgeous!!! :kiss2: It turns out fabulously, congratulations! Please post more pics and hand shot once you give it to her.

If you search for diamond photography/photographing diamond, there are quite a few threads. Here are some:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-to-take-good-photos-of-your-diamonds.102989/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/photography-help.246796/#post-4495434

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/instagram-vs-reality.260031/

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
At first, I was concerned about bow tie. After looking at thousands of stones..... bow tie began to look normal to me. As long as the bow tie was not significant I didn’t mind. Now that the piece is completed, if you know what you are looking at, you will see the bow ties. Funny part is, my jeweler lined up the bow ties perfectly and they look great. In the end, your finger moves a lot. People will see the sparkle and scintillation before bow tie.

Thanks, @wolfgre. I spoke with my jeweller yesterday. He offered to ship the diamonds me to see but I’m in Canada and with custom it’ll be a huge hassle. I trust his professional opinion and he’s highly regard here on the forum so I feel much better and went ahead with them. Wish me luck! I can’t wait to see more pics of your labor of love. =)2

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
here is another iPhone shot. My DLSR battery is charging....

F560F27E-0CD9-4632-B7CD-C30BBECF3271.jpeg

It’s already blinding me just from an iPhone. ;-) If only I can figure out how to properly use my Nikon other than autofocus. Please post your pics in the Show me the bling forum so more PSers can see your ring. Your jeweller did a great job.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
@wolfgre, how did your wife like her ring? Hand pics?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautiful @wolfgre ! Congrats!

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, it looks beautiful on her hand and huge! Congrats and may you both have many more wonderful decades together. How are you going to top this at your next major milestone? ;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results