shape
carat
color
clarity

Dissapointed...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2007 3:15:56 PM
Author: Maisie

Date: 5/18/2007 11:55:42 AM
Author: James Allen Schultz
Hey guys,

This is Jim (the 'james' in 'jamesallen') and I hope that I can stop a little of the bloodshed going on in this thread.

I want to begin by apologizing to MommaBear for putting her in this situation. She put her faith in our company and we failed to deliver. I can't get back the diamond that we've lost, but I can certainly make the process moving forward as painless as possible.

As to the situation itself, I want to clarify a few points.

First and most importanly, no one in our company ever intentionally misled or lied to MommaBear. Josh is a stand-up guy and a great member of our sales team. He told the client the diamond was eye-clean based upon the magnified image and the GIA report. I think if you look at the picture you'll probably agree that this stone was one heck of an SI1.

Our computer systems (which are updated every 24 hours) showed the diamond as in stock and available for immediate shipment. This, unfortunately, was not the case. Our partner decided to recut the stone into a smaller carat weight with higher clarity. He didn't remove the diamond from the stock list and didn't discover the error until after the wire was received and we went to pick-up the diamond for shipment. In short, we screwed up.

We tried to find a comparable replacement (and are still looking), but this is a tough size/color/clarity to match.

I personally called MommaBear first thing this morning, apologized, and agreed to wire back the entire purchase amount including wire fees.

Our company is very appreciative of the Pricescope community, and I am hopeful that our reputation, actions, and continued commitments to quality customer service will allow us to stay in your good grace :)

Sincerely,
What bloodshed?
Accusation of lying Maisie. Enough already, it was a database mistake on supplier's part, nobody lied to a consumer. The wire $$ back part was taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results