shape
carat
color
clarity

Dissapointed...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
I found an amazing diamond and and chose to purchase it through JAMESALLEN (although WhiteFlash had the same one posted).

Spoke to Josh on Tuesday morning. I wanted one of his guys LOOK at the diamond in person to make sure it was eyeclean. Josh assured me that it was eyeclean.

Then I mentioned that Whiteflash had the exact same stone and he thought that was interesting because it was one of JamesAllen''s stone. So he put me on hold to make some phone calls and comes back saying, yes we have it, it''s ours. I was so excited!!

He gave me a total and emailed me the with directions on how to wire money to them.

I went on Tuesday during lunch to wire the money. The money went out immediately.
I called JAMESALLEN to see if they had received the money. Not yet.. I''ll have to wait for tomorrow. The suspense is killing me!!

Wednesday came and I called them in the morning. No money yet... Half waythrough they day... I call and spoke to Josh. Josh said that they didn''t find the paperwork for my account until this point. But it was too late to send it out. I''ll have to wait for them to send it out in the morning. I''m dying to see this diamond!

Thursday morning, Josh calls me to tell me... THEY DON''T HAVE THE DIAMOND... it''s been gone for two weeks and they never updated their systems. It was taken back to GIA to be re-cut... Hopes of my lovely diamond seem to vanish

When I originally called to inquire about it, all Josh and the others did was check their systems. Nobody ever thought to go and pull the diamond to make sure it was there.

They are going to refund my money but it won''t be wired back to me. I have to wait for them to cut me a check. That won''t happen for a couple days. Then I''ll have to wait for it in the mail.

Josh is trying to find a comparable diamond to sell me. It was very difficult to find the one that I did find in the first place. I''m not sure how this is going to fall out. I did tell Josh that I do want them to find me something so that they may save the relationship. I still feel unhappy and am not sure what to think at this point.

I did have another diamond that I was looking at: what are your thoughts?

Shape: Round
Carat Weight: 1.614ct
Color: G
Clarity: SI2
AGS Cut Grade: Ideal
est GIA Cut Grade: Excellent
AGS Light Performance: Ideal
Optical Symmetry: Superior
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: Negligible
Girdle: 1.55%
Culet: None
Lab Report: AGS
Lab Report #: 8216103
In House: Yes
Width: 7.55mm
Length: 7.56mm
Depth: 4.65mm
Table Percentage: 56.63%
Depth Percentage: 61.50%
Crown Ú: 34.93‹
Crown Depth: 15.21%
Pavilion Ú: 40.87‹
Pavilion Depth: 43.18%
Upper Girdle Ú: 41.65‹
Lower Girdle Ú: 42.09‹
Policy: Lifetime Guarantee

It was rated at a 1.9 on the HCA.
Light Return Excellent
Fire Very Good
Scintillation Very Good
Spread or diameter for weight Very Good

Thanks

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sent back to GIA to be reGRADED or reCUT??? I wasn't aware any cutting was going on at GIA ... I thought it was just a lab.

And why would they tell you a stone was "ideal cut" and "eyeclean" that needed to be RECUT????

I have more questions than opinions at this point -- but I'd be quite upset too. They should at the very least wire your money back to you if they misinformed you. Mistakes happen but its how you deal with them that counts!

ETA: Assuming it's being sent back for re-grading .. that's only so they can sell it for more MONEY! If that's the case -- I'd be FURIOUS!!!!! You can't offer to sell something, accept $$ and then in effect say "Hmmm - maybe I can get MORE for it". Not saying that's what they did. But certainly within the realm of possibility.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m confused why they would re-cut this stone, the specs already look nice.

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 9:43:13 PM
Author:MommaBear
I found an amazing diamond and and chose to purchase it through JAMESALLEN (although WhiteFlash had the same one posted).

Spoke to Josh on Tuesday morning. I wanted one of his guys LOOK at the diamond in person to make sure it was eyeclean. Josh assured me that it was eyeclean.

Then I mentioned that Whiteflash had the exact same stone and he thought that was interesting because it was one of JamesAllen''s stone. So he put me on hold to make some phone calls and comes back saying, yes we have it, it''s ours. I was so excited!!

He gave me a total and emailed me the with directions on how to wire money to them.

I went on Tuesday during lunch to wire the money. The money went out immediately.
I called JAMESALLEN to see if they had received the money. Not yet.. I''ll have to wait for tomorrow. The suspense is killing me!!

Wednesday came and I called them in the morning. No money yet... Half waythrough they day... I call and spoke to Josh. Josh said that they didn''t find the paperwork for my account until this point. But it was too late to send it out. I''ll have to wait for them to send it out in the morning. I''m dying to see this diamond!

Thursday morning, Josh calls me to tell me... THEY DON''T HAVE THE DIAMOND... it''s been gone for two weeks and they never updated their systems. It was taken back to GIA to be re-cut... Hopes of my lovely diamond seem to vanish

When I originally called to inquire about it, all Josh and the others did was check their systems. Nobody ever thought to go and pull the diamond to make sure it was there.

They are going to refund my money but it won''t be wired back to me. I have to wait for them to cut me a check. That won''t happen for a couple days. Then I''ll have to wait for it in the mail.

Josh is trying to find a comparable diamond to sell me. It was very difficult to find the one that I did find in the first place. I''m not sure how this is going to fall out. I did tell Josh that I do want them to find me something so that they may save the relationship. I still feel unhappy and am not sure what to think at this point.

I did have another diamond that I was looking at: what are your thoughts?

Shape: Round
Carat Weight: 1.614ct
Color: G
Clarity: SI2
AGS Cut Grade: Ideal
est GIA Cut Grade: Excellent
AGS Light Performance: Ideal
Optical Symmetry: Superior
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: Negligible
Girdle: 1.55%
Culet: None
Lab Report: AGS
Lab Report #: 8216103
In House: Yes
Width: 7.55mm
Length: 7.56mm
Depth: 4.65mm
Table Percentage: 56.63%
Depth Percentage: 61.50%
Crown Ú: 34.93‹
Crown Depth: 15.21%
Pavilion Ú: 40.87‹
Pavilion Depth: 43.18%
Upper Girdle Ú: 41.65‹
Lower Girdle Ú: 42.09‹
Policy: Lifetime Guarantee

It was rated at a 1.9 on the HCA.
Light Return Excellent
Fire Very Good
Scintillation Very Good
Spread or diameter for weight Very Good

Thanks
Well, the SI2 concerns me, is it EYECLEAN??? And I do not like VERY GOOD ratings. I want EXCELLENT in all categories. You did not list the price, but I know it has be at least $7000 - $12000. Well, for that money, I better be getting THE BEST!!

Just my 2 cents
MWG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 9:53:04 PM
Author: MWG

Well, the SI2 concerns me, is it EYECLEAN??? And I do not like VERY GOOD ratings. I want EXCELLENT in all categories. You did not list the price, but I know it has be at least $7000 - $12000. Well, for that money, I better be getting THE BEST!!

Just my 2 cents
MWG
If your talking about the hca ratings of VG they are meaningless.
Without the rest of the data that the hca dont use there is no way they are accurate.
The hca score tells that the average crown and average pavilion angles(1.9 score) work together and that''s that.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 9:43:13 PM
Author:MommaBear

that totaly sux :{
hmmmm gone 2 weeks yet he said he looked at it too see if it was eyeclean??????
Am I missing something?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, I''d be more than disappointed...I''d be angry!

You''d think the least they would do after all that is wire the money back to you...
29.gif

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sooo confused, he said he would look at it for you, assured you it was eye clean. How could he do that without pulling it for you?? So it wasn't there at the time but away at GIA for re cutting?? I don't know what to say, except that sucks.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 9:50:28 PM
Author: decodelighted
Sent back to GIA to be reGRADED or reCUT??? I wasn''t aware any cutting was going on at GIA ... I thought it was just a lab.

And why would they tell you a stone was ''ideal cut'' and ''eyeclean'' that needed to be RECUT????

I have more questions than opinions at this point -- but I''d be quite upset too. They should at the very least wire your money back to you if they misinformed you. Mistakes happen but its how you deal with them that counts!

ETA: Assuming it''s being sent back for re-grading .. that''s only so they can sell it for more MONEY! If that''s the case -- I''d be FURIOUS!!!!! You can''t offer to sell something, accept $$ and then in effect say ''Hmmm - maybe I can get MORE for it''. Not saying that''s what they did. But certainly within the realm of possibility.
I''m almost positive he said re-cut because I remember hearing him and in my mind.. i had this horrible picture in my mind of my perfect diamond was being hacked
39.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to hear this, MommaBear. How upsetting for you! This situation seems extremely sketchy (maybe just straight up dishonest) to me for a few reasons.

1. They supposedly looked at your specific diamond and then told you it was eyeclean. Obviously this is a complete fabrication if they didn''t even have the diamond in their inventory. (In theory they could have checked it out previously for another interested person and noted that it was eyeclean in their system, but they should have told you this and not that they were looking at the diamond specifically at your request.)

2. They checked into the diamond and reassured you that they had it in their inventory. Obviously their system isn''t trustworthy. They should have physically checked for the diamond.

3. They supposedly didn''t get your wire transfer for days. When my boyfriend transferred money to our diamond vendor, they received it the same exact day we wired it and e-mailed us that they received it. Of course all banks vary, but it seems to me that they were stalling you because they were trying to locate the diamond.

4. It just doesn''t seem acceptable that they are cutting you a check that you''ll get in a few days for the money you wired to them. I''m sure they have the capability to wire money back. Why won''t they?

If it were me, at this point I would demand the money be transferred back to me (plus transfer fees if there were any) immediately and I would take my business elsewhere. This whole thing just doesn''t sit well with me!

With that said, I hope you find a wonderful, even better diamond!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m getting angrier the more I think about it.
29.gif

Some ideas:

* Ask them to fax you the paperwork re: when & why it was sent to GIA (I''m sure it exists)

* Ask how someone could have verified its "eyeclean" if it hasn''t been in house for two weeks.

* Confirm WHY it was sent away -- reGRADE for higher asking price??? or reCUT for some "flaw" that it has while still being AN IDEAL CUT EYECLEAN STONE.

* Record all contact -- get EVERYTHING in writing -- in case the resolution is less than desirable/not fair you''ll have what you''d need to pursue other options.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 10:46:35 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I'm sooo confused, he said he would look at it for you, but then again, now it wasn't there all along?? Am I missing something here???
I originally asked (Josh) for someone at JA to look at it for me to let me know, reassure me, that it was eyeclean. It is, after all, an SI1.
He then resplied that it was going to be eyeclean. He never said he would have someone look at it for me. He told me that it's definitely
eyeclean or something to the effect: oh yeah, definitely.

when they went to pull my diamond this morning for shipping, they found it gone with a note.. gone to gia for re-cut.
it had left their possession 2 weeks ago. Nobody knew this. it wasn't registered in their system.

But he never saw the stone. I took his word that it would be eyeclean.
I found out today, customer service are in maryland and the stone & bank, etc. are in new york.

as far as why the stone was sent back, not sure what that's all about.
the misplacement of the stone, i think was an honest mistake... but a bad one. they don't keep up with their inventory?
isn't that kinda important. makes me wonder if their gonna have the next stone i pick out...
and the money wire issue, yes, they should rewire it to me. i wrote him and said that i would like it back in my account today. he wrote and said
that their policy is to send a check. I understand their policy but they don't seem to understand that i was never in possesion of the diamond and
therefore their policy should not apply to me. but i chose not to pursue it.

i've been stressed out with open house this coming tuesday (i'm a 1st grade teacher)
and i'm flying out with my son (22months) on wednesday night to NYork for a westpoint graduation.

i just want my $ back. which i know i will get. so i guess thats that.

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
If you are sold on working with JA, then I would request a supervisor to handle the sale.

It "appears" to me that Josh is wanting to make a sell to make a "commission" and not satisfy what the customer wants. He would not be my sales person. Plus, you may get some "special treatment" with the supervisor, because you were lied too.

Just my 2 cents
MWG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Josh made a big mistake with this one. I hope it is resolved quickly for you.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 11:00:45 PM
If you are sold on working with JA, then I would request a supervisor to handle the sale.

It ''appears'' to me that Josh is wanting to make a sell to make a ''commission'' and not satisfy what the customer wants. He would not be my sales person. Plus, you may get some ''special treatment'' with the supervisor, because you were lied too.

Just my 2 cents
MWG
I''m not sold on working with them. I just figure, since there''s already a relationship, i should build on it and allow them to right their wrong.
I am looking at another stone with another company and do not have any qualms with purchasing with another company if the diamonds right.

Thanks for all your ideas and advice. I feel better now that i''ve vented and have been heard.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
what are my thoughts? honestly? give jonathan at gog another chance. Deal with someone who will have an intimate knowledge of your stone BEFORE they say they''re gonna send it to you.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 11:06:18 PM
Author: MommaBear
Date: 5/17/2007 11:00:45 PM

It ''appears'' to me that Josh is wanting to make a sell to make a ''commission'' and not satisfy what the customer wants. He would not be my sales person. Plus, you may get some ''special treatment'' with the supervisor, because you were lied too.

Just my 2 cents

MWG

I''m not sold on working with them. I just figure, since there''s already a relationship, i should build on it and allow them to right their wrong.

I am looking at another stone with another company and do not have any qualms with purchasing with another company if the diamonds right.

Thanks for all your ideas and advice. I feel better now that i''ve vented and have been heard.

Honestly? There is a LOT a big vendor like JA could do for you now that they aren''t doing.

1. They could have found another stone in their inventory that would have satisfied your criteria for you.

2. They could have come back with perhaps a slightly nicer stone right away and offered to sell it to you for the same price as the one you found.

3. They could have offered to find out why it was sent back to GIA and offered to sell it to you for the orginal price if you wanted (GIA doesn''t cut as far as I know, grade only. It sounds like someone thought they might have been harsh the first time around and sent it back?).

4. They could have bent over backwards to find you something in the virtual inventory.

5. They could have rewired the $ back to you, OR cut you a check TODAY and overnighted it to you.

I would at a MINIMUM request to work with a supervisor and really, I would probably take my $ elsewhere since it doesn''t seem to ME that they are really trying all to hard to fix the situation.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 10:35:33 PM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 5/17/2007 9:53:04 PM

Just my 2 cents
MWG
If your talking about the hca ratings of VG they are meaningless.
Without the rest of the data that the hca dont use there is no way they are accurate.
The hca score tells that the average crown and average pavilion angles(1.9 score) work together and that''s that.

well, i have some images to share in regards to the stone mentioned above.
i don''t know how to attach multiples so bear with me...

pic1rb.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Complete side-track ... flying into NY for a West Point graduation .. how fun!! Are you flying into Stewart Newburgh?? I *love* that airport! (I live nearby -- up in the Hudson Valley near Woodstock/Rhinebeck) Have a great trip!!

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 11:19:43 PM
Author: decodelighted
Complete side-track ... flying into NY for a West Point graduation .. how fun!! Are you flying into Stewart Newburgh?? I *love* that airport! (I live nearby -- up in the Hudson Valley near Woodstock/Rhinebeck) Have a great trip!!
flying into jfk.. they weren''t any other flights anywhere closer to westpoint. i''m staying at ramwah.. not sure if i spelled it right.
i am excited.. just need to get through these next few days...

i will have fun.. thanks!!

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, Josh at JA, is not working very hard for your HARD EARNED MONEY!!!

I love the GOG website and hope one day to buy a diamond from them. My first really good diamond was an ACA from Whiteflash and it is gorgeous, (It is my avatar) but GOG is on my list, I love their supercuts.

I would not hesitate to buy a diamond from them.

Good Luck
MWG

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
GOG is located somewhere in the NEW YORK area, if I am not mistaken. Call them and go by and visit.

MWG

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 11:14:31 PM
Author: neatfreak

Honestly? There is a LOT a big vendor like JA could do for you now that they aren''t doing.

1. They could have found another stone in their inventory that would have satisfied your criteria for you.

2. They could have come back with perhaps a slightly nicer stone right away and offered to sell it to you for the same price as the one you found.

3. They could have offered to find out why it was sent back to GIA and offered to sell it to you for the orginal price if you wanted (GIA doesn''t cut as far as I know, grade only. It sounds like someone thought they might have been harsh the first time around and sent it back?).

4. They could have bent over backwards to find you something in the virtual inventory.

5. They could have rewired the $ back to you, OR cut you a check TODAY and overnighted it to you.

I would at a MINIMUM request to work with a supervisor and really, I would probably take my $ elsewhere since it doesn''t seem to ME that they are really trying all to hard to fix the situation.
i agree, they could be doing more....

in regards to #1, they only found a 1.5 F color. to me, a 1.5 is no where near a 1.62 and from a D to an F.... thats not ok. so i rejected it and asked for my $ back.
there really is nothing out there that is close to my original diamond... the only one is the one that GOG has in their stock that i''m looking at... (see photos)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
GOG is a long way from West Point ... but oddly close to JFK ... ha! Are you renting a car? Geez ... that would drive me crazy though ... traveling, diamond shopping, 22 month old! I don''t blame you for not wanting another complication!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have purchased 2 stones from GOG. Am a very satisfied customer. Have a great weekend, this all will work out I''m sure.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another side note-both of my brothers graduated from West Point. It''s such a beautiful, picturesque area! And I love all the parades and traditions! Have fun on your trip!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results