shape
carat
color
clarity

Dissapointed...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
It definitely sounds like you were BLANTANTLY lied to. I would speak with a manager and tell all. HOPEFULLY that isn''t an accepted practice there at JA... If I was you I would just go with Whiteflash unless JA decides to give u a REALLY good deal for lying to you.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 11:32:15 PM
Author: decodelighted
GOG is a long way from West Point ... but oddly close to JFK ... ha! Are you renting a car? Geez ... that would drive me crazy though ... traveling, diamond shopping, 22 month old! I don''t blame you for not wanting another complication!
it would be nice to visit GOG
i wonder if they''ll send someone to meet me at my hotel... then i can view some in person...
i should call them.. hehehe

i just want my diamond... GRRrrrr .. so frustrated..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
GOG is in LI, NY.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 10:52:34 PM
Author: MommaBear

and the money wire issue, yes, they should rewire it to me. i wrote him and said that i would like it back in my account today. he wrote and said
that their policy is to send a check.
This is the part I have a huge problem with, to be honest.

I can see sending a check for a return. I can see sending a check for a refund. I can *NOT* see sending a check when they made the error. The sale was never transacted.

Their POLICY? I have a huge issue with that.....and with the way their "policies" seem to change on a whim.

Over the last several months now, I can think of at least 2-3 posts where a customer choosing to purchase from J/A has said "oh, I asked about this or that policy and they are in the midst of changing it......."......and yet those changes aren''t ever reflected on their website. Four months later, someone else asks about the very same topic and is told the same thing "Oh, we''re in the midst of changing that policy."

Behavior like this doesn''t instill trust in a customer base.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2007 12:04:21 AM
Author: aljdewey

and the money wire issue, yes, they should rewire it to me. i wrote him and said that i would like it back in my account today. he wrote and said

I can see sending a check for a return. I can see sending a check for a refund. I can *NOT* see sending a check when they made the error. The sale was never transacted.

Their POLICY? I have a huge issue with that.....and with the way their ''policies'' seem to change on a whim.

Over the last several months now, I can think of at least 2-3 posts where a customer choosing to purchase from J/A has said ''oh, I asked about this or that policy and they are in the midst of changing it.......''......and yet those changes aren''t ever reflected on their website. Four months later, someone else asks about the very same topic and is told the same thing ''Oh, we''re in the midst of changing that policy.''

Yup!! And on the internet this doesn''t bode well for them IMHO. I hope they straighten things out.
38.gif

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/18/2007 12:04:21 AM
Author: aljdewey

Their POLICY? I have a huge issue with that.....and with the way their ''policies'' seem to change on a whim.

Over the last several months now, I can think of at least 2-3 posts where a customer choosing to purchase from J/A has said ''oh, I asked about this or that policy and they are in the midst of changing it.......''......and yet those changes aren''t ever reflected on their website. Four months later, someone else asks about the very same topic and is told the same thing ''Oh, we''re in the midst of changing that policy.''

That''s how I''m feeling these past few hours. I''m going to call and speak to a supervisor tomorrow 1st thing and demand that they wire my money asap.
I don''t think I''ll be purchasing from them.
15.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
This vendor is one of this boards beloved. Me included. I have always enjoyed this company and what it has to offer the consumer. It pains me to hear of your situation.

In this instance, only knowing your side of this issue, I would be very angry as well. I would go further by contacting the principle party and explain why you are choosing to continue this diamond purchase elsewhere. I would not reward a company that did this with a financial transaction.

If you have any issue about the timing of a wire, contact your bank. They will tell you when it was sent, and when it was received. If there is a conflict in your favor...I think I would let the pate hit the fan! Be aware wires are not fully automated. They actually do make stops and routes. Time zones, bank wire department operation hours and employee lunch hours can make them delayed. Not kidding...a greasy cheeseburger can be the reason your money did not arrive until the next day. Oh and if it hits after 3...at my bank...forget about it until the following day. They can''t be bothered with something so trivial after 3.

I don''t like the delay to send your money back. They can reverse a wire just as you sent it. They asked for the wire to be a definate form of payment. But when they return your money...you will have a check/a piece of paper that will not be actual funds the day your deposit it. Then the check will show as a deposit into your account...instead of a wire not accepted. Extra notation step at tax time. Not considerate. Not great customer service policy. It pains me to say this, I would have to think twice about buying from a company learning what I have about your situation.

Lets hope they do correct this situation with more than an apology. I eagerly await their reply to this thread.

DKS

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh a wire was once explained to me as cooperation with many. Picture a line of people passing a bottle of Coke. (You know; "I want to teach the world to sing...in perfect harmony"...?) Each person must be willing to accept the bottle before handing it off to the next. If they step away from the line of people and are not there to accept it...it stops moving. Then the next one may be busy when it arrives. etc. etc. So one success with a wire moving fast...is not the norm. Dont rely on that same experience next time you send.

Well that was 20 years ago in explanation...but it helps now too! And that song a thought never loose it''s impact.

DKS

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 11:04:16 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Josh made a big mistake with this one. I hope it is resolved quickly for you.
I hope they are also refunding the money you had to pay the bank to wire the money.

Why would he go check and say its eye clean ... and they don''t even have the stone in hand! That doesn''t sound right at all.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would ask to be reembursed for the wire transfer fees as well. they dropped the ball.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2007 1:02:22 AM

That's how I'm feeling these past few hours. I'm going to call and speak to a supervisor tomorrow 1st thing and demand that they wire my money asap.
I don't think I'll be purchasing from them.
15.gif
ask to talk to Jim directly.
Tell him what you wan't done.
Sorry to hear that this happened, all vendors have dropped the ball at one time or another and when they do how they handle it is the sign of a good vendor or a poor one.
I'm pretty confident he will sort it out.
Let us know how it goes.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2007 2:02:02 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
I would ask to be reembursed for the wire transfer fees as well. they dropped the ball.
that sounds reasonable to me too.
They accepted payment on goods they cant deliver therefore should cover costs.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
should really start another topic for the gog stone but wanted to say it looks like an exellent stone from the info provided.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 11:14:31 PM
Author: neatfreak

Honestly? There is a LOT a big vendor like JA could do for you now that they aren't doing.

1. They could have found another stone in their inventory that would have satisfied your criteria for you.

2. They could have come back with perhaps a slightly nicer stone right away and offered to sell it to you for the same price as the one you found.

3. They could have offered to find out why it was sent back to GIA and offered to sell it to you for the orginal price if you wanted (GIA doesn't cut as far as I know, grade only. It sounds like someone thought they might have been harsh the first time around and sent it back?).

4. They could have bent over backwards to find you something in the virtual inventory.

5. They could have rewired the $ back to you, OR cut you a check TODAY and overnighted it to you.

I would at a MINIMUM request to work with a supervisor and really, I would probably take my $ elsewhere since it doesn't seem to ME that they are really trying all to hard to fix the situation.
Excellent points. And I agree, at this point, I'd speak directly with Jim, get my money wired back, and purchase elsewhere. IMO, they had their chance to get your business, AND keep it once they messed up, and they blew it.

I also agree with strm that I'd start a new thread for the GOG stone. It does look great, aside from possible clarity issues.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never done business with JA to have any personal experience to point to but they are a popular vendor here for a reason. I agree that from what we''ve heard so far, things are not adding up and talking to Jim would be a very good idea. All vendors do make mistakes and I''m comfindent they will do what they can to make you happy mommabear.

Please keep us posted..

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hey guys,

This is Jim (the "james" in "jamesallen") and I hope that I can stop a little of the bloodshed going on in this thread.

I want to begin by apologizing to MommaBear for putting her in this situation. She put her faith in our company and we failed to deliver. I can''t get back the diamond that we''ve lost, but I can certainly make the process moving forward as painless as possible.

As to the situation itself, I want to clarify a few points.

First and most importanly, no one in our company ever intentionally misled or lied to MommaBear. Josh is a stand-up guy and a great member of our sales team. He told the client the diamond was eye-clean based upon the magnified image and the GIA report. I think if you look at the picture you''ll probably agree that this stone was one heck of an SI1.

Our computer systems (which are updated every 24 hours) showed the diamond as in stock and available for immediate shipment. This, unfortunately, was not the case. Our partner decided to recut the stone into a smaller carat weight with higher clarity. He didn''t remove the diamond from the stock list and didn''t discover the error until after the wire was received and we went to pick-up the diamond for shipment. In short, we screwed up.

We tried to find a comparable replacement (and are still looking), but this is a tough size/color/clarity to match.

I personally called MommaBear first thing this morning, apologized, and agreed to wire back the entire purchase amount including wire fees.

Our company is very appreciative of the Pricescope community, and I am hopeful that our reputation, actions, and continued commitments to quality customer service will allow us to stay in your good grace :)

Sincerely,

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good for you Jim. Thanks for clarifying and attempting to make the situation right.

Mommabear, I hope that everything works out for you!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for letting us know what''s going on Jim. Hopefully there will be a happy conclusion.

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
This is why I love PRICESCOPE. People and businesses make mistakes and when they "step up" and try to "right" the "wrong", then this makes for great customer service. This is why JA is so respected here.

And thanks to JIM for stepping up and personally addressing the issue for Mommabear and all those faithful to Pricescope.

MWG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
While I do appreciate Jim writing to clarify some things, I guess I''m left wishing that the whole thing had been handled just a tad differently and a bit more expeditiously, so there was no reason for MommaBear to post this in the first place.
1.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Great that steps are being taken to rectify the situation, and the vendor has openly admitted that a mistake was made! Hopefully there will be a satisfied customer at the end of all of this.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Jim for the prompt action and the response.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/18/2007 12:47:01 PM
Author: Ellen
While I do appreciate Jim writing to clarify some things, I guess I''m left wishing that the whole thing had been handled just a tad differently and a bit more expeditiously, so there was no reason for MommaBear to post this in the first place.
1.gif
I''m glad I''m not the only one feeling this way.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2007 11:55:42 AM
Author: James Allen Schultz
Hey guys,

This is Jim (the ''james'' in ''jamesallen'') and I hope that I can stop a little of the bloodshed going on in this thread.

I want to begin by apologizing to MommaBear for putting her in this situation. She put her faith in our company and we failed to deliver. I can''t get back the diamond that we''ve lost, but I can certainly make the process moving forward as painless as possible.

As to the situation itself, I want to clarify a few points.

First and most importanly, no one in our company ever intentionally misled or lied to MommaBear. Josh is a stand-up guy and a great member of our sales team. He told the client the diamond was eye-clean based upon the magnified image and the GIA report. I think if you look at the picture you''ll probably agree that this stone was one heck of an SI1.

Our computer systems (which are updated every 24 hours) showed the diamond as in stock and available for immediate shipment. This, unfortunately, was not the case. Our partner decided to recut the stone into a smaller carat weight with higher clarity. He didn''t remove the diamond from the stock list and didn''t discover the error until after the wire was received and we went to pick-up the diamond for shipment. In short, we screwed up.

We tried to find a comparable replacement (and are still looking), but this is a tough size/color/clarity to match.

I personally called MommaBear first thing this morning, apologized, and agreed to wire back the entire purchase amount including wire fees.

Our company is very appreciative of the Pricescope community, and I am hopeful that our reputation, actions, and continued commitments to quality customer service will allow us to stay in your good grace :)

Sincerely,
What bloodshed?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results