shape
carat
color
clarity

disappointed with ring

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you should name the vendor.. This is a consumer advocacy site.. Up to you of course but I think we all know who it is, but for the newbies I think this will be helpful.. And helpful for the vendor to know what they need to improve on.. And from this, looks like there is a lot to improve on, and work to be done in house..

mr.ingocnito

Rough_Rock
It would only be fair to share the vendor with us all. I am actually in the process of my ring being made from the vendor 'I think' the 2 cases are talking about. I don't know if I feel more scared or excited in the waiting process for my final product.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
OP, please note the vendor.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I personally do not believe in pressuring the OP, or anyone else to share a vendor when they have expressed hesitation.

Yes, I absolutely agree it is in everyone's best interests on the board to know the vendors behind both the good and bad stories - maybe the bad ones even more so than the good.
However, this particular situation of the OP is not yet resolved - I think they have the right to coordinate privately with the vendor to reach a mutual consensus, and carrying on about them on PS could make this already upsetting situation more strained, which is simply no good for PandarOck. :(sad

If the client is still not happy after this process, or even if the situation is resolved but they feel the vendor should still be 'outed', than by all means.

I am as curious as the next poster and can take a good guess, but I really don't feel private efforts between vendor & client should be made public until last resort, or for a 'not happy' feedback/review thread.
jmho

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
by Doc_1 » 08 Sep 2010 23:14
Anne wrote:
I think many of us *think* we know who this vendor is, but for any of you who have written about your experiences with them, do they allow you to try on the wax cast if it is a custom ring? I am thinking of using them too, and have a 9.75, which I would REALLY like to try on first. Have any of you heard of this being allowed?

There is an easier way, if you can buy the finger size kit from e bay i guess it is 5-10$ , wear the size you think is proper two to three days so you will get the variation of the fluid retention that every human has through out those days. then when you think it is the proper size send it to them by mail, that will take the guessing away.
Anne :) said:
I think many of us *think* we know who this vendor is, but for any of you who have written about your experiences with them, do they allow you to try on the wax cast if it is a custom ring? I am thinking of using them too, and have a 9.75, which I would REALLY like to try on first. Have any of you heard of this being allowed?

There is an easier way, if you can buy the finger size kit from e bay i guess it is 5-10$ , wear the size you think is proper two to three days so you will get the variation of the fluid retention that every human has through out those days. then when you think it is the proper size send it to them by mail, that will take the guessing away.

Doc,
I am comfortable with my ring size. There are a couple of posters that are saying they told this vendor the correct size and it came back a different size. :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anne :) said:

Doc,
I am comfortable with my ring size. There are a couple of posters that are saying they told this vendor the correct size and it came back a different size. :)

The point of Docs suggestion is that every vendor uses a different method of assessing size. If you send in a ring that you know is the correct size, then they can measure it using their particular method and then make the ring in the same size -- the same according to *them*.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Frankly, I think all the guessing is ridiculous and it was completely inappropropriate for Avatar to jump in with his/her complaints when the OP has not named a vendor.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
Frankly, I think all the guessing is ridiculous and it was completely inappropropriate for Avatar to jump in with his/her complaints when the OP has not named a vendor.
I noticed it was the first post for avatar but sounded sincere, we also have to factor in that the OP revealing of the vendor will compromise any kind of remedy since it will have a backlash from the vendor, so i can see your point and the hesitation of the OP to reveal the name, they need to get a resolution, if it does not happen then i think the OP will post the name.
I just hope the OP will get the ring to their liking!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I really think you should name the vendor too. Otherwise we may all be mistakenly judging the wrong vendor and that doesn't do anybody any good.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I agree with ArjunaJane: at this point I don't see that there is a need to name the vendor. In these types of cases I feel it is usually best for the consumer and vendor to come to an agreement first. The vendor has agreed to allow OP to start the project from scratch, which sounds like a reasonable solution to me. Let's allow for time for the situation to be played out before arrows are slinged. If the OP then ends up happy with the 2nd finished product then naming the vendor in a thread like this does nothing to solve the problem at hand. JMO of course.

To the OP: I hope everything ends well for you!

Rough_Rock
To Dreamer_D: I am sorry for making an assumption that the OP’s vendor was my same one too. But I thought it was a little obvious to the ones in-the-know due to OP’s comments such as “customer ring” jeweler and “15 day policy”. Maybe we don’t have the same vendor; anything is possible.

Now to give everyone a better idea, I got the Truth Setting. We did not receive an apology yet. But honestly at this point, how does a customer “ask for an apology?” It sounds funny doesn’t it? An apology for an error/mistake: that burden lies with the vendor without customers asking.

I will say though that the diamond itself is definitely beautiful on a side note; but for the errors on the ring size and wrong earrings should warrant apologies from the vendor. And a simple two-worded “Thank you” via just email to us for doing business with them does not cost them a penny in their business; maybe if I had paid more than the $20k then it would’ve included the “extra” Thank you with my two purchases, which for the matter was done at separate times- so I should’ve gotten two thank you’s and two apologies. I don’t know if this is too much to ask- but I didn’t like buy a Happy meal at McDonald’s- in stark contrast: this is the ring I spent a lot of money on and has a lot of meaning to it as well.

Yes, and the ring is too tight because it was made as a size 6 instead of 6.5. When she takes off the ring after several minutes of wearing, I’m not sure if this is common or okay, but you can see the dark pink circular imprint on the finger from the ring for a long time. She really feels uncomfortable with getting her brand new ring resized or adjusted; only option offered by the vendor was to get it resized directly by the vendor or from a local jeweler and then scan/email the receipt to the vendor for reimbursement thereafter. My fiancee said maybe her losing some weight for the wedding will solve the problem so she can prevent from resizing the new ring.
Anyway, I think everyone gets my point. It’s a losing battle anyway. I honestly feel regret that I chose this vendor. I know we could’ve been happy with other popular vendors.

Thanks for reading my post and I’m sorry again to the OP for assuming we had the same vendor and posting on your forum, but I thought it was best to put it in the same topic. Once again to clarify I do not know if the OP and I have the same vendor.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am not trying to defend them but I guess all vendors make mistakes - they are human. I just flew to NYC over thwe weekend to pick up a ring ... just to find that it was not made as expected. Needless to say, I was very disappointed but crap happens and they are going to fix it so I am not going dwell on it. I think we cause more heartache and pain by dwelling on things versus moving on.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo said:
I am not trying to defend them but I guess all vendors make mistakes - they are human. I just flew to NYC over thwe weekend to pick up a ring ... just to find that it was not made as expected. Needless to say, I was very disappointed but crap happens and they are going to fix it so I am not going dwell on it. I think we cause more heartache and pain by dwelling on things versus moving on.

Oh Charmy hon, I am sorry to hear this..you poor love, I know how long you have been waiting for this ring too (if it is the one I am assuming).
Well, good to see you have such a sensible head on your shoulders and can take it in your stride as such..
I agree with your point 100%, however I think for many of us practicing would be harder than preaching - I know it would be for me!

I really hope you get your ring to your desired standards without too much more waiting.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
arjunajane said:
Oh Charmy hon, I am sorry to hear this..you poor love, I know how long you have been waiting for this ring too (if it is the one I am assuming).
Well, good to see you have such a sensible head on your shoulders and can take it in your stride as such..
I agree with your point 100%, however I think for many of us practicing would be harder than preaching - I know it would be for me!

I really hope you get your ring to your desired standards without too much more waiting.

This time it wasn't a quality issue. The wrong design was made - granted a more expensive design was made but it wasn't what I wanted. I could understand how things got messed up but oh well. As long as I get it before the wedding :)

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the typo above: it should say "custom ring" jeweler.

Also, I understand mistakes happen that's why I stated in an earlier post that I could've looked the other way. The issue was the omission of an apology for the error/mistakes. An offer to fix all the problems is fantastic. But how about an apology for messing up the ring and messing up the earrings? That's all I was saying. Well also I was saying I really would've liked a Thank you from the vendor as well. I'm sure just about everyone who goes about buying an engagement ring and a pair of diamond earrings at the least receives a simple Thank you. Oh well it's okay. I'm trying to get over it. They got what they wanted (and they're not going to give it back...trust me I already asked) and I got the products eventually (one currently doesn't fit, but we'll live right?). That's the way I should start seeing it from now on. It was a transaction. It wasn't a clean transaction where both parties benefited, but a transaction nonetheless and I roughly got what I wanted where they got exactly what they wanted. My fiancee and I should just try to get over it and move on.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the typo above: it should say "custom ring" jeweler.

Also, I understand mistakes happen that's why I stated in an earliehttps://www.pricescope.com/forum/p ... =2708372#r post that I could've looked the other way. The issue was the omission of an apology for the error/mistakes. An offer to fix all the problems is fantastic. But how about an apology for messing up the ring and messing up the earrings? That's all I was saying. Well also I was saying I really would've liked a Thank you from the vendor as well. I'm sure just about everyone who goes about buying an engagement ring and a pair of diamond earrings at the least receives a simple Thank you. Oh well it's okay. I'm trying to get over it. They got what they wanted (and they're not going to give it back...trust me I already asked) and I got the products eventually (one currently doesn't fit, but we'll live right?). That's the way I should start seeing it from now on. It was a transaction. It wasn't a clean transaction where both parties benefited, but a transaction nonetheless and I roughly got what I wanted where they got exactly what they wanted. My fiancee and I should just try to get over it and move on.

That is not right, you do not have to put up with it, there has to be a remedy you can work out with them, why to buy any thing that does not fit. There has to be a remedy!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Avatar, I am sorry that things did not work out for you and you are not happy with your experience. If I may be so bold, letting a lack of apology taint your ring is sort of silly. Sure, don't recommend the vendor if you want, don't sing their praises, but really, get past that issue. I know that politeness is more important to some people than others, but really, if you let something like that ruin something so important, than you are in for a lot of disappointment in life. Also, half a size is totally within the realm of "error" when it comes to rings and variance between vendors in measurments. Send it back and get it resized by the vendor, or get the reimbursement for local resizing, and be done with it. This is really really not as big an issue to solve as you seem to think, and you are letting this color your whole perceptions in a rather overly dramatic way.

Again, I am not saying that your feelings are wrong, or that you should not be upset or disappointed, but I am simply suggesting you *may* be letting it get more dramatic than it needs to be and you should resolve it and move on.

ETA on a slightly different note, I prefer my rings slightly tight so they do not spin and do not come off when my hands are wet. My finger does have a bit of a dent from wearing the ring all the time, the finger fat sort of molds around the rings. Other women like their rings loose. Before you resize it, perhaps try on some other rings in different sizes to see what it most comfortable, shake your hand around when wearing the ring, just to make sure you get it right.

Rough_Rock
To Dreamer_D: You are extrapolating this post of my disappointments with this vendor to the rest of the matters in my life. That’s a weak association and quite a real stretch. I can discern situations for what it is like most people. If I go to a fastfood restaurant and don’t get a thank you in the drive-thru, I think I’ll be okay, don’t worry about that. You speak this way b/c you do not know the whole story or b/c you are obviously overprotecting the vendor or a combination of the both.

You will definitely protect this vendor to the end it seems (all fault obviously belongs to the poster/customer at all times, always when it comes to this vendor), regardless of any facts or circumstances without regards to space or time. And you would just brush off any inconveniences customers experience with this vendor and criticize these posters for taking it too seriously or being “dramatic.” But…….. What if I told you these mistakes weren’t the only ones but just the final two that I chose to discuss? What if I told you this “untouchable” vendor made a total of 6 mistakes instead of two and each and every time we were patient about it, cooperated, waited and still did not receive an apology? BTW I’m not against the products they sell (I just wish they did it right the first time and had some manners) but I do want to add that your ring is beautiful and you got good service as it reflects in your defensive stance for this vendor. I am happy for you and truly wish I had the same unadulterated experience.

Once again, you do not know the whole story but even if you did you would be quick to discount it- and that’s a fact. And I know, I know: you love this vendor and they are just a beautiful company and so forgivable and anything they do or say in error or whatever they don’t say or do is condonable and they are still just a beautiful company from the beginning to the end and always forever and ever. And any customer unsatisfied with them (b/c of course this vendor has a 100% customer satisfaction track record…I’m sure there’s an authoritative source somewhere to justify this claim- oh yeah, it’s you) anyway, any unsatisfied customer would be just plain crazy, over dramatic, insensible, illogical, irrational, [insert any demeaning adjective here]. I can't help but to notice your viewpoint.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
you do not have to explain your self, you did your part of the deal when you paid, the other side has to do his part and deliver, even if it was 1 cent!, he does not have an excuse to deliver a jewelery that DOES NOT FIT, plain and simple.
Try one more time to see if you can get a remedy i would think if they know how strong you feel about it they may correct, if not you absolutely have all the right to mention the name so no one will fall in that trap again.
If you had your peace of mind and decided you want to move on, do not worry you will have better things ahead of you and for that vendor if they did not make it right ......what goes around comes around.
wish you the best of luck.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Pandar0ck,

Will you please get back to us and let us know the outcome?

Good luck and thank you.

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
Avatar, FWIW, I do not think a desire for an apology for an error (single error) on a $20K purchase is unreasonable. I would expect one at that price tag. I too am a patient soul and "very understanding" of folks who do not follow through and do what they are supposed to do to the point that sometimes I feel like a doormat. For multiple errors there should be remedies of some type.

Everyone makes mistakes and we are all human; it's how we handle those mistakes that are the true measure of our character.

Best of luck to you.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Avatar - I honestly feel that it will be beneficial to the PS community if you feel comfortable in posting a full review of the vendor on a separate thread. I would hate to see PS turn into a forum where certain vendors are protected. It is very important for us to share both our good and bad experiences.

My post was not to judge you in any way. I decided to just let things go and move on as long as the vendor is willing to make good. However, I also did not experience mistake after mistake with any particular vendor.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Avatar I agree with Charmy, a review in a separate thread is a good idea. It will help people out.

As to my earlier comment, sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way, but if you read your previous posts again you will see that you do go on and on about the apology. If there were other more important issues, then they were overshadowed by that complaint. If that is not your main concern, then it does not come accross that way in your posts! Since this is only your second post on PS, I have no other information to go on.

Based on the information you provided, I stand by my suggestion. My advice is the same advice I would offer any consumer with any vendor: Take the easiest route to fix the situation on the vendor's dime if it is the vendor's fault, and move on. I don't personally care about pleasantries etc in commercial interactions, it is my bias perhaps, but there you go. In this case, send the ring for fixing to them, or get it fixed and bill them. Seems like simple solution to me. If no solution can be reached, then it is time to bring out the big guns in terms of complaints. But if a solution is offered, then I see it as a good outcome in a commercial interaction. With any PS vedor ;))

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
... but I do want to add that your ring is beautiful and you got good service as it reflects in your defensive stance for this vendor. I am happy for you and truly wish I had the same unadulterated experience.

I just noticed this and thank you for the compliment. I too have had issues with BGD and with many other vendors I have worked with, smaller and bigger, though not of the same magnitude of what you experienced fro mthe sounds of it. My preference in jewelry and in my life is to take responsibility for achieving the outcome I want, and to ignore bumps along the way as long as the outcome is what I want. And I don't care about the emotional aspect of commercial transactions. This colors my advice to ALL consumers from ANY vendor. If you are as knowledgable as my posts as you seem to be, then perhaps this would be apparent 8)

I hope you start a thread about your experience so it will help other consumers. AND I hope you will take the shortest route to fixing your problem so you can move on and enjoy your ring. See, the two options are not mutually exclusive ;))

ETA And I am sorry if it seemed like I jumped on you. Honestly, I get aggravated when people jump into other people's threads to pile on complaints instead of starting their own thread and I also get aggravated when people complain about things when there is what seems, to me, a solution to their troubles easily at hand. So those pet peeves on mine colored my response to you, perhaps unfairly. Mea culpa.

mr.ingocnito

Rough_Rock
Avatar I agree you should do a seperate thread on your review of the vendor. It's pretty scary to hear all these complaints of the same vendor lately especially because I am in the process of waiting for my ring to be made. Maybe I need to get more verification throughtout my process.....

IceExplorer

Shiny_Rock
mr.ingocnito said:
Avatar I agree you should do a seperate thread on your review of the vendor. It's pretty scary to hear all these complaints of the same vendor lately especially because I am in the process of waiting for my ring to be made. Maybe I need to get more verification throughtout my process.....

I'm probably one of the few readers who hasn't figured out who the vendor is.

I think you should post the vendor.

The bigger benefit of posting the name is it makes vendors pull up their socks for future clients. Also, it helps shape their policies to give the consumers more protection and confidence when buying from them. Eg: Longer return policy, full written money back guarantee, upgrade options etc...

The ultimate benefit is better protection for consumers. With the information gathered from this site (both good and bad) MANY PEOPLE choose to go with an online vendor (or not). "Buyer Beware" isn't something online purchasers of diamonds and e-rings would be willing to gamble with.

mr.ingocnito

Rough_Rock
If i'm wrong I am truly deeply sorry, but I am 99% sure Avatar is referring to BGD. I really hope these cases are the unfortunate exceptions and not the rule or at least not being a common trend. I have to say though that so far my overall experience has been great. Now all I'm waiting for is the final product. This thread tells me that I need to be more involved in the process and ask questions.

Once I receive the ring I will definitely give my review. I'm hoping like most it will be nothing but positive things to say and the most important thing being the final outome.

XtremeSki2001

Rough_Rock
mr.ingocnito said:
If i'm wrong I am truly deeply sorry, but I am 99% sure Avatar is referring to BGD. I really hope these cases are the unfortunate exceptions and not the rule or at least not being a common trend. I have to say though that so far my overall experience has been great. Now all I'm waiting for is the final product. This thread tells me that I need to be more involved in the process and ask questions.

Once I receive the ring I will definitely give my review. I'm hoping like most it will be nothing but positive things to say and the most important thing being the final outome.

I think when you have two people clearly upset about their purchase - one who spent ~$20k - and won't out the vendor ... something else is going on that we're not aware of. It doesn't pass the smell test. If I spent ~$20k on something and it wasn't what I agreed to purchase, there would be hell to pay and the first thing I'd start by doing is dropping the vendor's name everywhere. If you're sincerely unhappy with a product - you don't protect those that were the cause of such unhappiness.

My experience thus far with BGD has also been great, but if the finished product isn't what I agreed to buy - I won't be stepping on egg shells to protect the guilty (vendor).

slg47

Ideal_Rock
also with 1/2 size, I think that is within the realm of error from vendor to vendor-at least that is my understanding

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Avatar, I'm so sorry you've had to experience all these difficulties. What a bummer. :((

Pandarock, I'm sorry you're disappointed too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results