shape
carat
color
clarity

Disappointed in lack of response but...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 8:09:35 PM
Author: CaptAubrey
Okay, I found the ad.
11.gif

But I am embarrassed to admit that my memory is failing me, and my recollection of it was not quite accurate. As you''ll see below, there''s no desk and no ring. The ring I thought I remembered is just part the manufacturer logo. Nevertheless, the effect is more or less the same.

Hopefully this will be clear enough, but I had to size it down to get it under the 100k limit.

And you''ll want to see the next post...
12.gif

That''s pretty different. I am not sure I understand the message of the signed, yet destroyed pre-nup. But in any event, it''s a cute Ad. Kind of funny in that both of these Ads imply she wouldn''t have said "yes" but for the ring. LOL

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love to know what happened too, but after all this making fun of VR and his GF, he'd be a brave one to step into this mess. I know you all are being funny, I swear I have a sense of humor.
2.gif

I feel like everyone is making a mockery of him and his GF. I know much of it is in jest. But it's NOT COOL. Newbies reading this thread will be like, whoa, is that how they talk about posters?? Something to think about.
2.gif
JMHO.

Off the soap box. Lisa
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
"I''ll be back first thing in the morning."-VR

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 10:05:48 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I would love to know what happened too, but after all this making fun of VR and his GF, he'd be a brave one to step into this mess. I know you all are being funny, I swear I have a sense of humor.
2.gif

I feel like everyone is making a mockery of him and his GF. I know much of it is in jest. But it's NOT COOL. Newbies reading this thread will be like, whoa, is that how they talk about posters?? Something to think about.
2.gif
JMHO.

Off the soap box. Lisa
1.gif
Ditto, Lisa!!! Come back I want to see your ring too!!!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Thank You Kaleigh! You make a good point. I hope that the GF in question 1) never sets eyes on this thread, 2) wakes up tomorrow morning to a big rock for her birthday and loves it!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
2.gif

2.gif
JMHO.

Off the soap box. Lisa
1.gif
Good point.

I promise I was just joking around with my "GF wanted a Harry Winston ring" scenario. My point was that while some might consider $80k a lot for a ring, some might think it's not. I was jokingly exaggerating stereotypes. VR, while I'm sure you haven't read this since last week, I wasn't serious! I swear!!! I want to see your gorgeous ring and hear your proposal story. COOOME BAAACK!

ETA: BTW, I was honestly joking about this with a very good friend of mine who does a have a huge HW e-ring and is married to a hedge fund manager in Manhattan and they are both super, duper nice. I love them and we often joke about how she's a "gold-digger" (she isn't) and he's the egotistic "hedge fund guy" (he isn't). I can understand if the humorous tone I intended didn't come across in my post.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love to know what happened too, but after all this making fun of VR and his GF, he''d be a brave one to step into this mess. I know you all are being funny, I swear I have a sense of humor.
2.gif

I feel like everyone is making a mockery of him and his GF. I know much of it is in jest. But it''s NOT COOL. Newbies reading this thread will be like, whoa, is that how they talk about posters?? Something to think about.
2.gif
JMHO.

Off the soap box. Lisa
1.gif
Bravo
Well said

jaguarnation

Rough_Rock
Ray Charles (dearly departed) and Stevie Wonder held a videoconference with one another and they said the writing was on the wall and that even they could ''SEE'' that VR coming back in on this topic would make "When Fools Rush In" a reality!

Ok, that was cheesy, but I could not resist, I have been reading this thread since it started and I am just amazed at how it morphed into its current state!

I can only imagine what it must be like to have an $80K budget for a ring. My fudge-it budget was $9K, and I busted by $2K to get the ring that I felt was the best selection for my future better half. Then again, if I did have the 80 Large to spend on a ring, I would probably only spend a third to 40% on the ring (which would still be obscenely nice) and put the rest away for a killer honeymoon!

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to know what happened too, but after all this making fun of VR and his GF, he''d be a brave one to step into this mess. I know you all are being funny, I swear I have a sense of humor.
2.gif

I feel like everyone is making a mockery of him and his GF. I know much of it is in jest. But it''s NOT COOL. Newbies reading this thread will be like, whoa, is that how they talk about posters?? Something to think about.
2.gif
JMHO.

Off the soap box. Lisa
1.gif

Well, the internet abhors a vacuum. You start a thread like this and disappear, you''re taking your chances with what fills the void.
12.gif
31.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
I think he owes all the people who genuinely tried to help him Friday night an apology (not me, of course), for wasting their time. They really researched his issues and scoured the internet trying to find him diamond--and good diamonds at that. He told them he would come back in the am to discuss and then he just disappeared. I feel bad for *them*. I wouldn''t waste much time feeling sorry for someone who waits until Friday before the "deadline" to post the G/F''s "demands" and in fact, entitles his new thread "Disappointed in Lack of Response..." and starts of complaining that no one ''hopped-to'' fast enough to his liking regarding his request for help in buying a diamond at the last minute. MOREOVER, if he was disappointed in the lack of response to a request for help on a Friday night, how do you suppose the people who stayed online Friday night trying to help him out felt about being totally ignored after he had used them for the help he could get?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to agree. I typed out a response to Kaleigh's post earlier, and then deleted it. I thought, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm the only one who feels the way I do. But apparently I'm not.

I try to be pretty sensitive to posters, and I was in this thread as well. I never made fun of the OP and his girlfriend, but I did elaborate on an ad the Capt. posted. And I saw more "funning" with that than anything else.

I also don't think this guy was ever coming back, and I am/was doubtful as to his sincerity to begin with. And yes, what about the people who did try to help him? He can complain about the service HE got, but cares not about how he treated all the people who tried to help him. (he had plenty of time to respond before the thread went in a different direction)

And lastly, in re-reading the last few pages, I just don't see how this thread was that bad. I like to think I would. But, maybe I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time.
5.gif

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I''m at the Ritz Carlton in west palm beach right now (poolside on my blackberry) and just met a couple from Manhattan that got engaged 2 days ago. She has a HUGE rock on.

I think I found vr! Will schmooze them tonight at the rehersal dinner and report back!

justme1

Shiny_Rock
OMG ... Could you imagine ?!?!?!? That is hysterical !!!
lmaoo

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 3:45:11 PM
Author: sna77
Ok I''m at the Ritz Carlton in west palm beach right now (poolside on my blackberry) and just met a couple from Manhattan that got engaged 2 days ago. She has a HUGE rock on.

I think I found vr! Will schmooze them tonight at the rehersal dinner and report back!
Sna77, you seriously crack me up! I have read this post about 10 times and the term "poolside on my blackberry" is STILL making me giggle. I hope you ARE poolside in WPB (you call it that, right?) schmoozing with the newly-engaged couple because the weather in Boston? Stinks.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 4:43:03 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady

Sna77, you seriously crack me up! I have read this post about 10 times and the term ''poolside on my blackberry'' is STILL making me giggle. I hope you ARE poolside in WPB (you call it that, right?) schmoozing with the newly-engaged couple because the weather in Boston? Stinks.

The weather in boston was about 30 and raining when we left this am. Sunny and 75 here. My fiance''s friend is getting married here Saturday night so we are here for the weeken.

Btw its hard to use the forum on a blackberry. I accidently hit ''report post'' the first 2 attempts at my previous message. Ha

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 4:54:22 PM

Sna77, you seriously crack me up! I have read this post about 10 times and the term ''poolside on my blackberry'' is STILL making me giggle. I hope you ARE poolside in WPB (you call it that, right?) schmoozing with the newly-engaged couple because the weather in Boston? Stinks.

The weather in boston was about 30 and raining when we left this am. Sunny and 75 here. My fiance''s friend is getting married here Saturday night so we are here for the weeken.

Btw its hard to use the forum on a blackberry. I accidently hit ''report post'' the first 2 attempts at my previous message. Ha
You REALLY know you are a PSer when... LOL

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 5:14:08 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Date: 4/4/2008 4:54:22 PM

You REALLY know you are a PSer when... LOL

Good Point.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock

My turn:

OMG! I was just dining with Mick Jagger at Nobu, (consulting about his trademark work, natch), and he brought along his latest 22 year old G/F and she was wearing a 2.68 TCW diamond ring that she said Mick got for her online in a rush order from WF. I think MJ IS VR.
9.gif

on another note, I am almost tempted to cancel our dinner plans so I can read the sna''s report in real time, but I will have to settle for reading it tomorrow.
31.gif

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Ha! Ill try my best. But if my fiance catches me on the blackberry at the rehearsal dinner I may wind up sleeping on the floor.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2008 5:55:59 PM
Ha! Ill try my best. But if my fiance catches me on the blackberry at the rehearsal dinner I may wind up sleeping on the floor.
Perhaps....but wouldn't it be worth it for your 15 minutes of PS fame? Not to mention the millions of adoring PS fans you'd end up with....???
2.gif
9.gif

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
OMG tonigt was hysterical.

So... The coile I met... His name began with R, so I Thougt I might be on to something with VR... Anyhow, I schmoozed all night. She has a 5.6 CT canary yellow ascher cut! Wtf. Fiance and her discoverd they both were size 3.5 and decided to swap rings. Her ring dwarfed Lins... I even asked him whn he started looking and he said 4 months ago... Boo... So I did not meet vr however I did manage to deprass fi as she tried on a ring more tab double her size. Ok time to go to bed... Ill reread this tomorrow am and laugh at my spelling! ;-)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Darn it! I was rooting for the biggest coincidence of all time.

Why doesn''t anybody ever want to swap 5.6 carat canary yellow asschers with me for a night? Since it was a rehearsal dinner and all, I can only assume you brought your digital camera. Right?
31.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2008 11:17:44 PM

So... The coile I met... His name began with R, so I Thougt I might be on to something with VR... Anyhow, I schmoozed all night. She has a 5.6 CT canary yellow ascher cut! Wtf. Fiance and her discoverd they both were size 3.5 and decided to swap rings. Her ring dwarfed Lins... I even asked him whn he started looking and he said 4 months ago... Boo... So I did not meet vr however I did manage to deprass fi as she tried on a ring more tab double her size. Ok time to go to bed... Ill reread this tomorrow am and laugh at my spelling! ;-)

You are one funny dude, Sna!!
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol!!! You are a true PSer, Sna77 if you are reporting in on a blackberry while away for a wedding weekend! Lin''s ring is beautiful and much more classic! (Don''t let her try on anymore 5 ct. stones!!!)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 11:53:40 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Lol!!! You are a true PSer, Sna77 if you are reporting in on a blackberry while away for a wedding weekend! Lin''s ring is beautiful and much more classic! (Don''t let her try on anymore 5 ct. stones!!!)
Amen. Lin''s ring is gorgeous, and is tres elegant. Your reporting to us while on Vacay is too funny. Gotta love a true PS''er. Which you are through and through. Enjoy the nice weather. It''s cold and rainy here. Boo.
15.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
OMG!! lmao, this thread has just gotten too funny!
3.gif

I don''t think its offensive to VR at all - after it was clear he wasn''t coming back, the thread then took a life of its own with some people sharing a joke. Sure, some of the jokes involved stereotypes, but they weren''t directly cruel to VR or anyone else.
I said this before, and I wholeheartedly agree with Ellen about his sincerity in the first place and how its Very bad form to never even come back with a quick thankyou.
I feel posters like this could put PS''ers off when others in simliar circumstance come along asking for help, and people will be less inclined as their skepticism has been increased.
Not what PS is about!
40.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 11:24:00 PM

Why doesn''t anybody ever want to swap 5.6 carat canary yellow asschers with me for a night? Since it was a rehearsal dinner and all, I can only assume you brought your digital camera. Right?
31.gif
That''s what I''m asking myself right now.
39.gif

Good reporting sna!
9.gif

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/5/2008 7:22:57 AM
Author: Ellen
Date: 4/4/2008 11:24:00 PM

31.gif
That''s what I''m asking myself right now.
39.gif

Good reporting sna!
9.gif

Just woke up a little while ago-pool side of course again. Ha. I just reread my report from last night-and my spelling seems to be adversely affected by the amount of wine I had. Oops. Anyhow ill grab some pics of this girls ring today and upload them when I''m back monday-it was really crazy. A waitras actually walked up to the girl and asked her how big it was-which was perfect for me since I didn''t have to. :) Lin mentioned that there were 2 side stones bringing the total to 6 cts. I think he said he got it at Harry winston also, but the night is a bit fuzzy.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Holy crap! This thread just keeps getting better!
9.gif

Thanks sna77, for filling the bling-void left behind by VR!!!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 11:17:44 PM

Wish I were drunk in Palm Beach right now.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results