shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

• No side effects!

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Just a sore arm

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • Minor side effects (no fever)

Votes: 65 29.4%
  • Fever

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • Major side effects (including fever)

Votes: 43 19.5%
  • Still waiting my turn to get the vaccine

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • I don't plan on getting the vaccine

Votes: 19 8.6%

• Total voters

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
I had my first Pfizer needle today.
I am SO tired!
Sore arm & a fever.
Heading to bed early tonight (it’s only 1800 here so I’m trying to put it off as long as I can)
Hoping I feel well tomorrow because I have to work - case of no work no pay.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my first Pfizer needle today.
I am SO tired!
Sore arm & a fever.
Heading to bed early tonight (it’s only 1800 here so I’m trying to put it off as long as I can)
Hoping I feel well tomorrow because I have to work - case of no work no pay.

Hope you are feeling well enough to go into work today. Sending you lots of good wishes and gentle hugs.

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Hope you are feeling well enough to go into work today. Sending you lots of good wishes and gentle hugs.

Thank you. I will be going regardless…

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I will be going regardless…

After my second Covid vaccine I had a fever and I almost couldn't get to go with Greg to see his endocrinologist because they check the temperature. IDK if they do that at work for you but if they do just double check your temperature so you don't waste a trip. Good luck.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Second Moderna for me & Mr T yesterday afternoon. We both are very tired & have extremely sore arms (it's a new level of Hell Hole soreness compared to jab 1) but no fever or anything else to report, over 30 hours on. We were told to take paracetamol last night at bedtime & again throughout the day today.

So far, so good. Just knackered & have a crick in my neck from sleeping on the right side ALL night due to electrifying soreness on the left.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Second Moderna for me & Mr T yesterday afternoon. We both are very tired & have extremely sore arms (it's a new level of Hell Hole soreness compared to jab 1) but no fever or anything else to report, over 30 hours on. We were told to take paracetamol last night at bedtime & again throughout the day today.

So far, so good. Just knackered & have a crick in my neck from sleeping on the right side ALL night due to electrifying soreness on the left.

Yay! Glad you got both doses @Alex T and hope you are feeling much better today.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A rather belated report on my experience with the Pfizer vaccinations. The only noticeable side effect for me was how tired/sleepy I felt, more so on the second-third days than the day of either of the shots themselves. Prior to these Pfizer shots, I'd never slept until noon in my entire life!

I only felt pain at the injection site if I pressed on it, and even that was non-existent after the 2nd day. A tip that a nurse gave me some years ago when I had a flu shot:
Exercise the arm right after the shot and for the next 15-20 minutes by intermittently "pumping" the arm up-and-down & out to the side, making "Jumping Jack" arm motions and swinging the arm in circles.​
As he explained it, the arm exercises move the vaccine from the injection site more quickly & reduce the odds of inflammation, etc. there. I don't know if there's an established basis for the theory, but doing those exercises has seemed to make a positive difference for me, so I'm passing the tip along.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A rather belated report on my experience with the Pfizer vaccinations. The only noticeable side effect for me was how tired/sleepy I felt, more so on the second-third days than the day of either of the shots themselves. Prior to these Pfizer shots, I'd never slept until noon in my entire life!

I only felt pain at the injection site if I pressed on it, and even that was non-existent after the 2nd day. A tip that a nurse gave me some years ago when I had a flu shot:
Exercise the arm right after the shot and for the next 15-20 minutes by intermittently "pumping" the arm up-and-down & out to the side, making "Jumping Jack" arm motions and swinging the arm in circles.​
As he explained it, the arm exercises move the vaccine from the injection site more quickly & reduce the odds of inflammation, etc. there. I don't know if there's an established basis for the theory, but doing those exercises has seemed to make a positive difference for me, so I'm passing the tip along.

Thank you
I must try to remenber this
Gary is getting his first one in two weeks and the second a ninth latter

Have no idea when i will get mine yet
vacine roll out pathetic slow here especially if one doesn't reside in Auckland

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MollyMalone The nurse who administered mine said the same about exercising the arm afterward. I think it did help as well.

winetime12

Shiny_Rock
I got my second shot (Pfizer) 2 weeks ago and this time I didn't get "covid arm" like the first time (9 days later). Which is odd but I'm not complaining! Otherwise, the side effects were exactly the same for both: tired, went to bed early, extremely sore arm for about 24 hours.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day 12 after second BioNtec Dose.
This time no problems with my vision, no tiredness, just overall muscle aches through the first night until noon the next day.

I still have a sore, hard spot on my arm. It was about the size of a halved egg ever since I got the shot and has thankfully started to dissolve since yesterday.

It was pretty painful upon touching it , but the skin itched.
All in all still very mild side effects.

Last edited:

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
I had my second Pfizer needle yesterday at 1330.
Around 1600 I had to go have a sleep. I slept for 3 hours & wouldn’t of woken if I didn’t set an alarm.
I have uni assignments due & can’t afford the down time as I work most days as well.
When I woke I couldn’t get warm and had a temperature.
Terrible headache & aching all over.
I set am alarm for 0900 this morning (Sunday) to study. If I didn’t I would of probably slept for a long time.
My back, hips and legs are really bad (like the worst period pain you could imagine). Panadol & heat packs have not eased it. Really hot shower was nice until the hot water ran out.
I’v been trying to go to sleep for hours. It can’t get comfortable. Work tomorrow so I’m hoping I wake up better in the morning. Study was not very productive today....
I don’t regret having it in the slightest and I know I’m feeling this way because it is doing its job. I am grateful to be eligible as some people are still waiting. I just wish I had the opportunity to have it earlier when I didn’t have so much on my plate.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I got the Moderna series. After the first shot I had no side effects except for a sore arm a day later. With the second shot about 12 hours afterwards I had chills, muscle aches, nausea and a headache- however I do get rare migraines and I think that the vaccine may have triggered that a bit for me. All resolved within 34 hours but I did stay home and telework that day.

Just saw I typo’d this - all resolved in 24 hours except a little red, warm spot on my arm where the shot went in that lasted a week.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gary got his first shot finally, yesterday.
Pfizer is what we get in NZ so far, no choice

Anyway he said he felt fine afterwards but spept very late this morning and felt fluy in the night and his arm was sore.
but he seems fine now (late afternoon next day)

His 2nd shot is in 4 weeks

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter got the J and J vaccine on Thursday. She had chills, fever, sore arm, stiff neck, and fatigue. By Saturday, she was pretty much back to normal, except for her arm.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter got the J and J vaccine on Thursday. She had chills, fever, sore arm, stiff neck, and fatigue. By Saturday, she was pretty much back to normal, except for her arm.

Sending you and your DD continued good wishes and gentle hugs. I’m so relieved your DD did well regarding the vaccine. May all the side effects be minimal and short lasting.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you and your DD continued good wishes and gentle hugs. I’m so relieved your DD did well regarding the vaccine. May all the side effects be minimal and short lasting.

Thank you Missy!❤

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My parents got the AZ. No I'll effects whatsoever.

They were rolling 100 spring rolls after their second dose.

My sister and I joke that nothing can kill them and they were probably immune to Covid anyway.

That was a joke by the way. We believe in science and vaccines. My parents are just really kinda evil and super tough.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an update to my previous post (#375).

My daughter started not feeling well again on Sunday. It is mostly neck pain and headaches that get better with tylenol. She had a virtual visit with her doctor who recommended she get some blood done. I believe the doctor is checking her platelets.

Did anyone experience anything similar? Hoping I'm just being an over anxious mom.

BMI

Shiny_Rock
This is an update to my previous post (#375).

My daughter started not feeling well again on Sunday. It is mostly neck pain and headaches that get better with tylenol. She had a virtual visit with her doctor who recommended she get some blood done. I believe the doctor is checking her platelets.

Did anyone experience anything similar? Hoping I'm just being an over anxious mom.

@Diamond Girl 21 Both my daughter-in-law (early 30s) and her mother (mid 50s) had the J&J vaccine. I believe both of them had symptoms on and off that lasted for at least a week, maybe longer. I think her mother had more of the headaches and my DIL had more fatigue. Hope that helps and that your daughter's blood work comes out normal. It's good that her doctor is being cautious.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Diamond Girl 21 Both my daughter-in-law (early 30s) and her mother (mid 50s) had the J&J vaccine. I believe both of them had symptoms on and off that lasted for at least a week, maybe longer. I think her mother had more of the headaches and my DIL had more fatigue. Hope that helps and that your daughter's blood work comes out normal. It's good that her doctor is being cautious.

Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate it.

Reactions: BMI

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First dose of Pfizer two weeks ago. Nothing!

Burst of energy the next day even, so my family is joking that my body is making super soldiers in there "Muhahahahaha"

Seriously though I've been feeling really energetic. It's probably a placebo effect.

Or the nanobots they injected into me are making me super human =p

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

By the time Carson rang the gong for dinner (I'm rewatching DA , LOL) my arm started to get sore. 8 hours after my injection. It is still sore this AM but not bad. So far nothing else. This is my booster (AZ x 1, Pfizer x 2). Hopefully nothing more--I am optimistic. But I plan to take it easy today--my DH is taking me to lunch!!

cheers--Sharon

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
@canuk-gal Did you have any hassle getting a second Pfizer shot? Do you mind my asking the time frame of your shots?

The reason I ask is that we lived in one province and received an AZ shot in March, then moved to a different province where AZ wasn’t an option for a second shot. In early June we had Moderna for the second vaccine.

I’m thinking it might be wise to have a second Moderna so that we have “full” coverage of one type of vaccine. My DH has a chronic immune issue and is on immune-suppressing meds. Due to Delta, I’m also thinking a second Moderna might offer him more protection?

Interested in your experience, if you’re okay with sharing.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my first dose of Moderna yesterday. I had some interesting side effects that included flushing, jaw pain, tingling of the face and throat, as well as the extremities. I also had some side effects that were expected, like a sore neck and arm, and slight headache. None it was particularly bad, just strange. I feel pretty normal today except for a sore arm.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my first dose of Moderna yesterday. I had some interesting side effects that included flushing, jaw pain, tingling of the face and throat, as well as the extremities. I also had some side effects that were expected, like a sore neck and arm, and slight headache. None it was particularly bad, just strange. I feel pretty normal today except for a sore arm.

Keeping you in my thoughts and may any side effects remain mild and go away quickly and especially keeping good thoughts for your second dose.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@SparklieBug I don't mind at all. My vaccine time frame is close to yours. I got the booster in the same series (Pfizer) b/c we have international travel plans and the US did not approve AZ and therefore doesn't recognize vaccine "mixing" (heterologous) . I'm sure I wouldn't be stopped at the border, but didn't want any hassle. My DH has Pfizer x 2 doses and at this point, b/c he isn't immunocompromised, he will not get a booster.

You could ask your GP about what is best for your family's needs. I've read a lot of research and feel the AZ x 1 + MRNA x 1 provides good protection; but Delta is a game changer for sure, as well as any other variant down the road. I believe Israel has some new research on booster outcomes.

Much success on your decision. Keep well.

cheers--Sharon

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeping you in my thoughts and may any side effects remain mild and go away quickly and especially keeping good thoughts for your second dose.

Thank you so much Missy.❤

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
It’s been a while but I’d thought I would update this thread. Me and DH just got our boosters today. Feeling pretty crummy.

Has anyone noticed that they feel better, or worse with the booster than the original jabs?

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone else had any long term problems/side effects after two doses of the AZ vaccine that cannot be explained?

Not sure if this question is appropriate, apologies if not, but I would like to know if anyone has, like me, had health issues several months after their second jab.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results