shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

• No side effects!

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Just a sore arm

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • Minor side effects (no fever)

Votes: 65 29.4%
  • Fever

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • Major side effects (including fever)

Votes: 43 19.5%
  • Still waiting my turn to get the vaccine

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • I don't plan on getting the vaccine

Votes: 19 8.6%

• Total voters

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
My 2nd Pfizer shot I had a very sore arm and was very tired for 48 hours and slept a lot.

My 17 year old had her second pfizer shot today and when I was driving home, my daughter's face was flush and she was sweating a lot. When we walked in the house she kicked off her shoes and climbed right into bed and slept from 2 to 8 pm when I woke her for dinner. She ate, showered and went back to sleep. Still had an appetite just sweaty and tired.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was reading that no painkillers before or after the vaccination.
I am dreading stopping Meloxicam for 48 hours as I don't want to compromise my body's job of making antibodies. The pain keeps me up every night as is with prescription meds.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My rheumatologist didn't have a preference. I decided to go with Johnson & Johnson. Only side effect has been sore arm at injection site. Shingle shot caused worse soreness than the J&J covid shot.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got the J &J shot an hour ago. I'm extremely grateful for any shot, but I'm really phobic about being sick alone in the night, so ideally I'd have preferred the Pfizer one - especially as it has the highest protection. Wish me luck for the next 24 hours!!!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got the J &J shot an hour ago. I'm extremely grateful for any shot, but I'm really phobic about being sick alone in the night, so ideally I'd have preferred the Pfizer one - especially as it has the highest protection. Wish me luck for the next 24 hours!!!

Let us know how you’re feeling in the morning @Jambalaya . Wishing you luck!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my second injection of the Pfizer yesterday. Five minutes after my injection, my arm became intensely itchy but it quickly subsided. Last night was awful. I woke up at around 10:30 pm with chills. I was feverish and i was dying of thirst. My muscles ached all over. I only slept for half hour stretches at a time. It’s 4:00 am and I have given up on trying to sleep for now. Not feeling any better yet.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got the Johnson and Johnson shot at 3.45pm yesterday afternoon and it's now almost ten in the morning. No side effects yet - which is a huge relief as I live alone and I get panicky when I'm sick alone in the night. I'll let y'all know if I do get any effects.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you feel better soon, House Cat!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vaccines are truly a gift from the gods. Manna from heaven. A couple of generations ago, communities were affected by the scourge of polio, with people ending up in those dreadful iron lungs. And humankind has been released from the sheer misery of so many diseases via the gift of vaccines. I truly cannot begin to understand anti-vaxxers.

molinePDG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
After my first dose, I had a sore arm and was a little tired. About 10 days after that, I got a super itchy area where it was given, and my arm got a rash.

I got the second dose at about noon on Tuesday, and the night of I was doing totally fine. I woke up at about 1 in the morning, super chilled and shivering -- got a whole bunch of blankets. Woke up again at 3. Threw up twice over the next couple hours.

Was totally useless the next day (Wednesday), but began feeling slightly better by the evening and ate a little dinner.

Thursday, was a little tired and had a bit more of an appetite, but ran a fever of about 101-102. Didn't feel particularly sick, just felt super hot all day long.

Friday, and I am more or less back to normal, but arm is still sore.

It is crazy, vaccines and the human body, that you can feel so terrible and then literally overnight it's a snap of the fingers like it all went away.

I got the Moderna vaccine, which I have heard has been worse for side effects at least anecdotally from coworkers vs those who received Pfizer.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I Had my first Pfizer shot on Sunday at noon. I didn’t end up having a sore arm or a fever. I had read advice online to move the arm around a lot after the shot to lessen arm pain, so while I was waiting at the pharmacy for 15 minutes after the shot, I rotated my arm and did arm curls, and I think it worked.
Sunday afternoon I was extremely tired and lost my appetite. I was exhausted, but couldn’t sleep well Sunday night.
Monday I was feeling really crappy. I couldn’t do much of anything but sit on the couch. Even throwing in a load of laundry or taking a shower was a struggle and left me exhausted. I was not expecting or planning to feel that bad. If any of you ladies remember when you were younger and had a really bad period that made you achy, wiped out and miserable, that is kind of how I felt, minus the cramps.
Everyday since, I have gradually been feeling a little better, but it‘s Friday and I’m still not feeling myself yet. I’m mostly just very warm with no fever and have a very achy back and shoulder blades. I should mention that I have a autoimmune disease and my body is generally very sensitive to drugs, etc.
My husband on the other hand has his first Pfizer dose last Friday afternoon and had the sore arm for maybe 12 hours. Other than that, he had no side effects and feels great!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As the day after my second injection progressed, my fever got worse, i had a headache, and I vomited a few times.

Today, I just have an intense headache.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubs & I both had the J&J single-stab ‘Fauci Ouchie’ about 30 hours ago now. No pain or redness in our arms, no headache, fever, chills, etc ... absolutely zero side effects so far for both of us (knock on wood). I did push-ups when I got home to help distribute the vaccine from my upper arm (old trick from military days when we got stabbed with loads of crap at once); that likely helped avoid the pain at injection site many report.

We are both relatively low-risk and felt the J&J was sufficient for us to get, and leaves the ”stronger” double-stab doses for others who may need the added protection.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom got her first Pfizer dose on Easter Monday. No side effects whatsoever so far. Knocking on wood and hoping it'll stay this way

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
2nd Pfizer earlier today. Arm is a bit more sore than last time but still minor.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No side effects from 1st Pfizer other than some soreness at the injection site on the first night. Feel normal and whole the next day. Same goes for the family. It seems there's more side effects on the second booster shot.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
We did the first dose today of Pfizer.

Him: headache and more tired than normal, some upper arm pain.

Me: more tired than normal, some upper arm pain, and numbness, tingling and stabbing pain traveling from the top of my arm into my forearm and hands intermittently on the side of the shot. The side of my face on my body where I had the shot feels "fuzzy" as well.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got the Johnson & Johnson this morning. Currently experiencing aches and chills, like the onset of the flu or a bad cold. So cold...

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
My Dad has his first injection on Thursday. He said he didn’t deem the needle at all. No sore arm.

But has had extreme tiredness & just doesn’t “feel right”

He is happy that he has had it though!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Update: my face doesn't feel swollen anymore and it's not tingling, but my throat started to feel tighter than normal as the night went on. It's still tight today and it hurts now. The tingling feeling in my face and neck is gone now. It hurts to swallow today.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did anyone experience a change in their menstruation cycle after either vaccine?

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I’ve heard from people who got Pfizer
They got tingly, tight throats. I have severe allergies and AI disorder. I want the Moderna or j&j. I have not heard that reaction with those ones.
I have an appt tomorrow evening but don’t know which one it is yet. I’m terrified

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
I had a terrible time with my second shot of Pfizer. Four hours after the injection, I had a sore arm and chills. Within 12 hrs I had horrible joint pain, chills and a fever. The next day my fever climbed to 102 degrees and I was too fatigued to walk my dog. I then started taking Tylenol, which helped immensely. It was like a true, powerful flu. But after another night’s sleep it was gone! So about 36 hrs of symptoms. But I'm thankful to have gotten it.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are both relatively low-risk and felt the J&J was sufficient for us to get, and leaves the ”stronger” double-stab doses for others who may need the added protection.

Hi, the_mother_thing! I got the J&J - no choice - and at first I was pretty upset. I wanted the Pfizer, and I really thought I was going to get that one because everyone I know round here had Pfizer. I have one serous medical condition so I was very worried at first, because I also had it in my head that the J&J vaccine was inferior.

However, I researched it, and it turns out that the trials were done very differently in J&J than the other two, so it's hard to compare when it comes to mild infections, BUT, all three are virtually identical in terms of preventing severe illness, hospitalization, and death.

I found a truly fascinating article which was about these exact perceptions - which I fell prey to completely, I'm actually ashamed to admit how upset I was about having the J&J and not my first choice, because of course I am extremely grateful to have any vaccine.

A couple of other people in this thread mentioned not wanting the J &J vaccine. I highly recommend this read: https://www.statnews.com/2021/02/17...ns-overlook-facts-and-could-breed-resentment/

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did anyone experience a change in their menstruation cycle after either vaccine?

I've seen women on Twitter talk about that and some gynecologists are apparently trying to gather data. So you're not alone.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen women on Twitter talk about that and some gynecologists are apparently trying to gather data. So you're not alone.

Ty! I started a thread on this and hoping we can collect our own experiences here!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
2 days after second Pfizer shot and my arms a little more sore than with the the first one but what I would consider mild.
My shoulder of that arm is also acting up but that's nothing new so probably not related.

Drm1grl

Shiny_Rock
First shot (Moderna): just a little dizzy and a sore arm for a few days. Second shot: 14 hours after the shot I felt like I had been hit by a truck - fever of 101.5, horrible body aches (hurt to go up and down stairs), chills, dizzy, fatigued. At 41 hours post shot, the fever broke and I felt a lot better. However, I am still having joint and muscle aches and my arm periodically itches. Completely worth it though!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results