shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

• No side effects!

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Just a sore arm

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • Minor side effects (no fever)

Votes: 65 29.4%
  • Fever

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • Major side effects (including fever)

Votes: 43 19.5%
  • Still waiting my turn to get the vaccine

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • I don't plan on getting the vaccine

Votes: 19 8.6%

• Total voters

voce

Ideal_Rock
I am back to normal after second Pfizer shot. Had fever (100.5) and chills (96.1) alternating for something close to 24 hours. No other symptoms, besides a sore arm where the shot had gone in. I took a full day off work because we use a forehead temperature scanner at work, and I didn't want the thing going off on me.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you got your vaccines @Demon. I feel almost certain we will need boosters. I do not mind at all but hope that it is easier to get the booster shot than it was to schedule the original vaccine.

Yeah, I'm kind of expecting that we'll need boosters. In part because of people not wearing masks and letting this mutate faster.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
48 hours ago I got Moderna Jab #1.
A few hours later I felt very mild nausea, faintness and a vague feeling of being disoriented.
An hour after that a tinge of a headache.
By evening I was back to normal but the jab site became a little sore, and still is.

But then the worst hit me like a ton of bricks!
This side effect was not mentioned on Moderna's website ...
Suddenly I turned into a grumpy old liberal gay atheist. :-o
It was horrible!
I couldn't help myself so I grabbed my pink boa and swished around the neighborhood, in full drag and stiletto Birkenstocks, hugging trees and yelling at neighborhood kids to get off THEIR lawns.

Last edited:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Got my first Moderna last Saturday, had a sore arm for two days, nothing else. I had Covid in December and heard that the side effects may be milder after the actual illness, though I heard the opposite as well.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
First dose of the AZ. Sore arm day 1-3 and, on day 2 slight giddiness at night.
Currently day 4- sore arm disappearing.

Am still waiting for similar effects as @kenny... um. Er wait- I feel sumthing in ma bones... (forgotten the lyrics to trolls- ugh).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

DH has no complains post day one of Pfizer #1 dose. Hope it stays that way.

cheers--Sharon

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to those who replied and sorry for not responding. My mom had a brain hemorrhage/stroke and I had to rush down. I only have a few days to go home and take care of a few things (including my 2nd Covid shot). So weird going from not having even been in a grocery store for a year and then sitting in a hospital every day. I feel some comfort at least having my first shot. Fortunately, she survived and is now in acute rehab. I'm planning on not having any effects until later in the day of my shot and then giving myself 2 days after that to recover before heading back as I need to go to training for her care when released. Fingers crossed the timing works :)

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
All back to normal for my arm so I answered just a sore arm. Overall very mild and comparable to the pneumonia shot.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Ok
Thanks to those who replied and sorry for not responding. My mom had a brain hemorrhage/stroke and I had to rush down. I only have a few days to go home and take care of a few things (including my 2nd Covid shot). So weird going from not having even been in a grocery store for a year and then sitting in a hospital every day. I feel some comfort at least having my first shot. Fortunately, she survived and is now in acute rehab. I'm planning on not having any effects until later in the day of my shot and then giving myself 2 days after that to recover before heading back as I need to go to training for her care when released. Fingers crossed the timing works :)

I’m so sorry that your mom went through that and hope she has the best recovery.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am still waiting for similar effects as @kenny... um. Er wait- I feel sumthing in ma bones... (forgotten the lyrics to trolls- ugh).

LOL, just get your pink boa and stiletto Birkenstocks ready.

652f.png

Last edited:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
LOL, just get your pink boa and stiletto Birkenstocks ready

Well, i must be off to the craft store to get me supplies!!!.

might have to wait after the glamping weekend with the kids, though.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock

So sorry to hear that. Wishing you and your Mom all the best. Hope she has a great recovery.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fingers crossed and wishing your mom a speedy and full recovery.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry to hear about your mom Lots of healing dust!

My husband will get his first shot on Sunday. He'll be taking the Pfizer shot.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all for your kind thoughts but I don't take away from the thread...your information on timing of the side effects from shot #2 were very helpful!

winetime12

Shiny_Rock
I got my first Pfizer shot yesterday (my second dose isn’t until July!) My arm is way more sore than with other vaccines I’ve received in the past. I was wiped by 8:30pm... I slept for 12 hours last night! Otherwise I feel fine.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oddly 10 days from shot #1 and I am achy, especially in the legs and feet. Not sure if its related to the vaccine; I feel fine otherwise. I did get alot of sleep this weekend as well (12 hrs each night).

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oddly 10 days from shot #1 and I am achy, especially in the legs and feet. Not sure if its related to the vaccine; I feel fine otherwise. I did get alot of sleep this weekend as well (12 hrs each night).

Actually after a night of night sweats I'm realizing this is likely menopause and stress related. The body really is a complicated thing.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had 2nd Moderna dose yesterday afternoon; 20 hrs later no side effects other than slightly sore arm.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Friday I had my second Pfizer shot.

First time around, I was a little off the next day, but mostly just had a slightly sore arm.

This time was different. I was a little off Friday night, not bad. Saturday morning I was tired, with a sore arm. My daughter had suggested I take some Tylenol. By noon, I had a low grade fever, despite the Tylenol. By evening, I had run out of Tylenol and switched to Advil. I was very achy, my arm hurt more and my fever was up to 101F. The fever broke around midnight.

Sunday, I was off, but not sick anymore. My arm is still a bit sore. I noticed a lymph node in my neck is swollen. A message to my doctor assured me this was not unusual.

My daughter and husband had similar reactions, my sister in law went through the same Monday into yesterday.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
48 hours ago I got Moderna Jab #1.
A few hours later I felt very mild nausea, faintness and a vague feeling of being disoriented.
An hour after that a tinge of a headache.
By evening I was back to normal but the jab site became a little sore, and still is.

But then the worst hit me like a ton of bricks!
This side effect was not mentioned on Moderna's website ...
Suddenly I turned into a grumpy old liberal gay atheist. :-o
It was horrible!
I couldn't help myself so I grabbed my pink boa and swished around the neighborhood, in full drag and stiletto Birkenstocks, hugging trees and yelling at neighborhood kids to get off THEIR lawns.

That's just Bill Gates having a little bit of fun with your microchip. I trust by now you've returned to your usual gun-toting, tobacco chewing, barroom-brawling ways. :lol:

Had first dose of (the dreaded) Astra Zeneca two weeks ago. Zero side effects other than some cautious optimism creeping in.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
23 year old son got first shot yesterday his whole arm is sore with some tingling, hubby got 2nd shot with so far NO side effects other than slightly sore arm...both got moderna

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@lilmosun I’m so sorry your mom has been in the hospital..I hope she gets much stronger and healthier..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My good friend is 42 and in good health. Got her second shot of Pfizer and feels like she has the flu!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Things worked out for me. It's been 36 hours since my 2nd Moderna shot and all I've had is a sore arm and was tired last night (got 10 hours sleep and woke up with only the sore arm). I had planned today as a "recovery day" but was able to work.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Twenty-one hours in and I have literally no side effect whatsoever, not even a sore arm. TR got the J&J at 3:30 yesterday and his arm was sore almost immediately. But he assures me he's probably gonna live, despite all the whining. :lol:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another AI concerned person here. I have two autoimmune diseases, both stable and unmedicated with doctor's approval. I can get the J&J shot on Tuesday locally or the Moderna shot on Thursday (1.5 hour drive) with the second Moderna a month later at the same place.

Anything input or information that would inform my decision regarding which route to take?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another AI concerned person here. I have two autoimmune diseases, both stable and unmedicated with doctor's approval. I can get the J&J shot on Tuesday locally or the Moderna shot on Thursday (1.5 hour drive) with the second Moderna a month later at the same place.

Anything input or information that would inform my decision regarding which route to take?

Mary, IDK which AI diseases you have but here is some info that perhaps you might find helpful. I do want to add one comment. I also have AI diseases and why I decided to get the vaccines (Moderna) was because the thought of getting Covid 19 was more worrisome to me than getting the vaccine for Covid 19. My mom has AI diseases as well and she got the Pfizer vaccines. Good luck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results