shape
carat
color
clarity

Did Tiffany & Co. stop making the Schlumberger Egg??

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew about this. I bought the lapis one years ago, and always thought someday I'd get a turquoise one to go with it. I was just looking at the Tiffany website and I was shocked to see no eggs for sale!! I am so sad to think i will never get my turquoise egg...:(

Reactions: AV_

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sadly they did. The eggs do show up from time to time on 1st dibs etc.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Sadly they did. The eggs do show up from time to time on 1st dibs etc.

Akk!! :errrr: I love to purchase pre-owned, but this is something that i'd like to buy new. The pre-owned ones tend to cost more than the new ones for some odd reason (mine was only $1050, bought in the boutique!) Plus, the semi precious stones are so prone to damage, and i cant count on previous owners babying them like i do...oh well, i guess i should begrateful for the lapis one i do own. :D
Thanls for replying @cokitty!!:wavey:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Akk!! :errrr: I love to purchase pre-owned, but this is something that i'd like to buy new. The pre-owned ones tend to cost more than the new ones for some odd reason (mine was only $1050, bought in the boutique!) Plus, the semi precious stones are so prone to damage, and i cant count on previous owners babying them like i do...oh well, i guess i should begrateful for the lapis one i do own. :D
Thanls for replying @cokitty!!:wavey:

We'd love to see pics of your beautiful egg!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
We'd love to see pics of your beautiful egg!

Ok, I'd be happy to!! but you arent going to get any modeling pics today, I just came in from mulching my yard, and i am a mess, haha!;)2

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oooooohhhhhhhhhh...that's lovely.

I can see why you want to track down another one in turquoise.

Thanks for the jewelry eye-candy!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
2 more close ups...its very pretty in the sun! Sometimes i wish i had gotten the turquoise 1st. I actually did buy a turquoise one initially online, but i took it back to the boutique because the shape wasnt a true egg shape. The only one they had in stock was even worse! So the sales sales associate showed me this one and i fell in love...and oh well, thats my story!
20200422_183310.jpg 20200422_183318.jpg

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock

headlight

Ideal_Rock
@meesmom that’s gorgeous. So special. But don’t discount the potential of finding a pre-loved turquoise egg.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
@meesmom that’s gorgeous. So special. But don’t discount the potential of finding a pre-loved turquoise egg.

Thanks so much! No i wont, i just will have to get used to the idea that i will have to pay more than retail, ugh.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
2 more close ups...its very pretty in the sun! Sometimes i wish i had gotten the turquoise 1st. I actually did buy a turquoise one initially online, but i took it back to the boutique because the shape wasnt a true egg shape. The only one they had in stock was even worse! So the sales sales associate showed me this one and i fell in love...and oh well, thats my story!
20200422_183310.jpg 20200422_183318.jpg

Beautiful Meesmom!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
So pretty.

Seeing everyone's jewelry is so inspirational.

I was feeling blue today and very annoyed at some business associates who royally screwed up and will cost me $$ I had wanted to put into my diamond fund (long story I won't go into).

Seeing these lovely eggs really lifted my spirits. I Googled the turquoise one too, and there's a pink egg out there. All so lovely. I like your cobalt one best @meesmom .

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty.

Seeing everyone's jewelry is so inspirational.

I was feeling blue today and very annoyed at some business associates who royally screwed up and will cost me $$ I had wanted to put into my diamond fund (long story I won't go into).

Seeing these lovely eggs really lifted my spirits. I Googled the turquoise one too, and there's a pink egg out there. All so lovely. I like your cobalt one best @meesmom .

Oh I'm sorry that happened.
I know the feeling of losing money that you were counting on. I hope the situation gets better for you!

Thank you for the complement, and Im glad they brightened your day! I cant understand why on earth Tiffany would decide to stop making them. Its a lovely egg, with gold flecks that look like stars in a navy blue sky (i can never get a good pic of the flecks). I still feel like i need a turquoise one tho. I get the itch every spring. The turquoise one is so summery, while the lapis one is more wintery, if that makes sense!!;-)
The pink one is opal, and its so beautiful!! I would be afraid to break it tho (I think opal is super fragile??), I'm such a klutz, lol!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I hope you find a turquoise one too! Keep us posted.

Am I remembering correctly that you are blonde? (I think I recall seeing an earring shot with blonde hair?) Anyway, I find the blue color range, from cobalt to turquoise, looks so lovely on women with blonde coloring. (Turquoise is my own personal favorite color for scarves, etc.)

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you find a turquoise one too! Keep us posted.

Am I remembering correctly that you are blonde? (I think I recall seeing an earring shot with blonde hair?) Anyway, I find the blue color range, from cobalt to turquoise, looks so lovely on women with blonde coloring. (Turquoise is my own personal favorite color for scarves, etc.)

Yes you are correct!! My hair is dark golden blonde, according to my colorist!;-) My quarentine roots are another story, tho. :shifty: I posted my dbty earrings on your "Angelina's earrings" thread. (I failed miserably at my own poll, btw!)
I love turquoise too, its my favorite color. It does look so lovely when worn close to the face. It brings out my eyes (They are blue). I wish when i made my initial purchase, the turquoise one i got was a better shape. I mean really, it wasn't an egg, it was a polished rock shape. I think id prob wear the turquoise more. Soooo...maybe its time to start looking??? I will totally post if i find one at a good price!!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Yes you are correct!! My hair is dark golden blonde, according to my colorist!;-) My quarentine roots are another story, tho. :shifty: I posted my dbty earrings on your "Angelina's earrings" thread. (I failed miserably at my own poll, btw!)
I love turquoise too, its my favorite color. It does look so lovely when worn close to the face. It brings out my eyes (They are blue). I wish when i made my initial purchase, the turquoise one i got was a better shape. I mean really, it wasn't an egg, it was a polished rock shape. I think id prob wear the turquoise more. Soooo...maybe its time to start looking??? I will totally post if i find one at a good price!!

I am a lover of all things blue. There are many days when I wear navy blue head to toe! I think the lapis and the turquoise are equally lovely in color. I loved it when you described the gold flecks as "stars in a navy blue sky". Talk about beautiful imagery! When you are not covered in mulch I'd love to see a picture of how you wear the necklace. I have never seen someone wearing an egg necklace before and I am intrigued.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Ok today is better for me, although i did do a close up (you can still see my ratty flannel shirt tho, ugh! Not dressing up at ALL in this quarentine! :oops:)
I admit that maybe I shouldnt have gotten the matching chain, bc i do feel a little like Mr. T when i wear it, if anyone even remembers who that is (was)! LOL!
20200423_153136.jpg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Ok today is better for me, although i did do a close up (you can still see my ratty flannel shirt tho, ugh! Not dressing up at ALL in this quarentine! :oops:)
I admit that maybe I shouldnt have gotten the matching chain, bc i do feel a little like Mr. T when i wear it, if anyone even remembers who that is (was)! LOL!
20200423_153136.jpg

Mr T - hahaha! "I pity the fool"! Love it! No, you do not look like Mr. T at all Mees Mom! I think that looks great! I would keep searching for the turquoise one and perhaps the pink one too! I hope they don't get too expensive on the preloved market!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Mr T - hahaha! "I pity the fool"! Love it! No, you do not look like Mr. T at all Mees Mom! I think that looks great! I would keep searching for the turquoise one and perhaps the pink one too! I hope they don't get too expensive on the preloved market!

Too funny! I know its doesnt really look Mr. T-ish, but it feels that way, bc i usually go for daintier pieces.

And unfortunately, they are already sooo expensive on the secondary market. Even when Tiffany still sold them, pre-owned ones cost more. The turquoise one was only $1250 when i made my purchase, about 7 years ago. Now, pre owned, they are $2000 or more. Very frustrating!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!

I had a quick look around online and found ones selling for over 5K! :shock:

They are classic pieces though. Even at that price point I'd be tempted. They'll probably only go up in value.

And YES! I remember Mr T! I loved the '80s. Rollerskating and fun TV shows.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty!

I had a quick look around online and found ones selling for over 5K! :shock:

They are classic pieces though. Even at that price point I'd be tempted. They'll probably only go up in value.

And YES! I remember Mr T! I loved the '80s. Rollerskating and fun TV shows.

See what i mean? Knowing what i paid for the lapis, and what i could've paid for the turquoise back then...makes me a bit queasy. :sick: Coulda, woulda, shoulda!!! But it is nice to know mine has increased in value.

The 80s rocked, right?? And the sitcoms were the best...

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hey @meesmom I was just browsing Tiffany & they have the egg in turquoise on their website!

Wow, yes, I just looked and yup, there it is!!! The price has really gone up, but its still less than the pre-owned ones (so crazy!!) I decided to get a CVB Riviere band instead, of course, that's the way it always goes, lol!!
But its good to know its in stock, hopefully it still will be the next time I have 2k burning a hole in my pocket, lol!!! Thanks so much for letting me know!! :wavey: :D

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, now you guys have me thinking...maybe I can sell my tiffany 2.5mm channel band to get the funds for the egg? If I love the riviere as much as i think i will, the tiffany will not get much use. I just got it resized and polished and the diamonds all checked, and bc of quarentine, it hasnt even been worn; its like a brand new ring!! What do you think??

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, now you guys have me thinking...maybe I can sell my tiffany 2.5mm channel band to get the funds for the egg? If I love the riviere as much as i think i will, the tiffany will not get much use. I just got it resized and polished and the diamonds all checked, and bc of quarentine, it hasnt even been worn; its like a brand new ring!! What do you think??

I don’t want to influence you, but I will give you my opinion. I would do it. If you love the rivière band I’m not sure you will wear the Tiffany band much at all. Think about what you would most likely wear more, the Tiffany band or the blue egg. The blue egg seems a bit seasonal to me, but you still might wear it more. I also get the feeling you like the idea of collecting the eggs. It also seems to have excellent resale value since you have found many preloved eggs that are more expensive than this new egg.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
All excellent points, lol! The egg is totally seasonal tho, I wonder, will it get worn? I rarely wear my lapis one, but when i do it gets a lot of attention.
No I'm all in a hurry to get my Riveire so i can make a final decision! :lol: :lol-2:

Reactions: AV_

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP
Is this what you are looking for:

Edit: just saw post ahead, yes looks like in stock at Tiffany’s.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results