shape
carat
color
clarity

DIAMONDFAN HITS 10 K POSTS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fly girl, thanks!

Yes, family is precious. I did not chose my mother in law, I deal as she is my hubby''s mom, but I also do not have to be a pasty or take crap. I would have loved for her to be a nicer, easier person but she ain''t, so I do my best. I know it is hard for hubby to be in the middle and I do regret it, but I am also a human being and cannot help how I feel. I suck up as much as I can til I am not able to do it anymore. Then, WATCH OUT.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 7:31:26 PM
Author: diamondfan
I think maybe some type of earring with some sparkle, or a bangle?! This is so fun and exciting!
I think a bangle would be great!!! Can''t wait to see what you choose!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,

I think it would be nice if you bought your MIL something, ha ha ha ha ha. Sorry sweetie, I couldn''t resist.
9.gif

Love, Linda xoxoxox

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
LINDA you are a troublemaker!!!!!
2.gif
6.gif
11.gif

I know what I would like to give her...and it ain''t bling!!!!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations DF!! You are certainly one of the Grande Dames of Pricescope and I always love your posts. I know your MIL is such a thorn in your side, but your stories about her are so funny - I get such a laugh from reading them
4.gif
. I don''t have the greatest one, but yours takes the prize. Kudos to you for handling it as well as possible.

You contribute so much to what makes PS a fun, informative and personal website. Thank you for all that you do!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beacon, thank you so much!!!

Yes, I can provide some comic relief with stories about her. I always feel that if she gives some laughs somewhere it is better in the long run...Truly, if I can make ONE person realize that maybe their mother in law ain''t so bad...I am happy. Perspective is everything!!! And really, I feel like in life I am pretty balanced and patient, but she has really just pushed me so beyond my limits! It is so prevalent as she is here with me right now so all of this is fresh and new!!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Diamondfan!
Your posts are so thoughtful and thorough. Your willingness to be so open about your life and experiences is so helpful to so many people.
Thank you for your contributions!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Yayayayayayaya Caroline, the big 10K!!
36.gif

It''s been so fun getting to know you. You are such a wonderful contributor on PS, as evidenced by this thread! Sheesh, I just get home and BAM, you already have five pages.
23.gif

I hope you are feelin'' the love
30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sparkle, thanks, I am blushing! I am an open book, sometimes that is a good thing and sometimes not! I have the ability to just let it be, and hope that people get it...

Miracles, I really appreciate your words! I have been nervous about hitting this milestone. It seemed so far away a while back, and boom, here it is. I love so much about PS. You are a special gal and I have so enjoyed all of your posts! I feel like Sally Field getting her Oscar....it does feel pretty nice to be given such nice comments and cheers!!!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 12:23:06 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 8/27/2008 9:23:18 PM
Author: Linda W
Caroline,

I think it would be nice if you bought your MIL something, ha ha ha ha ha. Sorry sweetie, I couldn''t resist.
9.gif

Love, Linda xoxoxox
Oh my stars you ARE a stinker!! LOL

LOL to DF.. that''s so funny..
17.gif
what IS it you''d like to give mil?
I know...it would be one of Freke''s stilletto''s right between the eyes ala ...oh dang...what was the name of that movie where the two friends, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Fonda are best friends and one has to um...get rid of the other one and does it with the stilletto?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like to give her a knuckle sandwich.

I am so nice to her!!! She can even have cheese and extra tomatoes.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miracles, I think it was Single White Female and they were roomies and JJL become a psycho!!!Too scary, I never watched the whole thing.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline, has she pulled any whoppers today???

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Her thing this week is her canker sore. She has medicine (rx) from the urgent care. It worked for like 2 seconds. Now she is having to call her dentist in CA and have ANOTHER thing prescribed. This is a CANKER SORE. I know that they can be painful but three trips to the doctor, two trips to the drugstore and multiple phone calls over a canker sore? I have had them and you rarely get RX stuff for them, hers are NOT from a chronic illness.

And, she talks about them all day long, eats things the doctor told her NOT to, grimaces, makes gasping sounds and sits with her hand over her face until you give her attention. She also discusses them ad nauseum at every meal AND insists on OPENING HER MOUTH to show us all while she is eating. I mean, really? I need to look at a sore in your mouth, that you complain about not healing, when you are eating all the foods you were told to avoid? Every trip now there is some ailment and the entire trip centers around it, what to buy for her, where to take her, listening to her bitch...I AM GOING NUTS.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Caroline, I''m sorry, but I can''t help but laugh. That woman is toooooo much. I can just picture her opening her mouth like my grandsons do
23.gif
. You ought to write a book, it would become a best seller, I swear.

When you return home, you need a vacation from this vacation

9.gif

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, you are so right! I have a novel in my head.

She is freaking odd. Tonight she sat on the couch eating a nectarine and making terrible sounds and faces. No one paid attention so she got up and ran over to the sink. Hubby says, Mom, if it hurts your mouth why are you continuing to eat it?!

She says, I need food in my stomach. He says, You just ate a huge dinner an HOUR ago. (which included a lobster roll, roasted potatoes, steamed clams and part of a piece of flourless chocolate cake). Her answer? It was not enough food.

Now, mind you, she is thin. Her other topic of cnversation, NON STOP, is food. How tiny she is, how she cannot eat ALL that on the plate, how the portions are too big, how she has no appetite, she has been eating so little, she has not enjoyed her food in so long...meanwhile, all I ever see her do is EAT or talk about it. We get announcements she wants lunch now (when we all are still full from breakfast), what she wants, how she wants it, then we go to a restaurant aand she makes faces at the menu while telling us all like 5 times what she is going to have...then she has to grill the waitress ceaselessly about specials and prices even though she does not want them and then she asks about the portion size while announcing she is so tiny and has no appetite and cannot eat all that food blah blah blah, asks them for an Arnold Palmer and gets nasty if the waitress does not know what it is (just ask for iced tea and lemonade you twit), then she orders, eats it ALL, reaches across the table to eat off other people''s plates putting her dirty fork into MY food (a total peeve of mine, ask and I will serve you some on a plate thank you) talking about how tasty/not tasty/salty/not salty enough/better it is in L.A., today we talked about how some places cannot get the iced tea to lemonade ratio right, too much tea, not enough tea, O MY GOD SHE NEEDS A MUZZLE...are you getting the picture? I hate having a meal with her.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, I can''t stop laughing, I am going to wake my DH up, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I would have a fit, if my MIL put her fork in my plate
14.gif
. If you have a cancer sore, she should know not to eat citrus, geez she is a handful. How long has she been with you this time??

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
She leaves Friday...

she was TOLD not to eat it, so hey, not sure WHY she does except she forgets that he told her to avoid it and she gets attention making her faces and sounds.

I swear to you know who she is mental.

I just cannot for the life of me understand how any one person can be SUCH A PITA.

She also loves to get all the attention and is worse than a child if she is not the center of it...she finds a way to make it all about her.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/27/2008 10:28:05 PM
LINDA you are a troublemaker!!!!!
2.gif
6.gif
11.gif

I know what I would like to give her...and it ain't bling!!!!
giggly.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/28/2008 1:20:45 AM
Linda, you are so right! I have a novel in my head.

She is freaking odd. Tonight she sat on the couch eating a nectarine and making terrible sounds and faces. No one paid attention so she got up and ran over to the sink. Hubby says, Mom, if it hurts your mouth why are you continuing to eat it?!

She says, I need food in my stomach. He says, You just ate a huge dinner an HOUR ago. (which included a lobster roll, roasted potatoes, steamed clams and part of a piece of flourless chocolate cake). Her answer? It was not enough food.

Now, mind you, she is thin. Her other topic of cnversation, NON STOP, is food. How tiny she is, how she cannot eat ALL that on the plate, how the portions are too big, how she has no appetite, she has been eating so little, she has not enjoyed her food in so long...meanwhile, all I ever see her do is EAT or talk about it. We get announcements she wants lunch now (when we all are still full from breakfast), what she wants, how she wants it, then we go to a restaurant aand she makes faces at the menu while telling us all like 5 times what she is going to have...then she has to grill the waitress ceaselessly about specials and prices even though she does not want them and then she asks about the portion size while announcing she is so tiny and has no appetite and cannot eat all that food blah blah blah, asks them for an Arnold Palmer and gets nasty if the waitress does not know what it is (just ask for iced tea and lemonade you twit), then she orders, eats it ALL, reaches across the table to eat off other people''s plates putting her dirty fork into MY food (a total peeve of mine, ask and I will serve you some on a plate thank you) talking about how tasty/not tasty/salty/not salty enough/better it is in L.A., today we talked about how some places cannot get the iced tea to lemonade ratio right, too much tea, not enough tea, O MY GOD SHE NEEDS A MUZZLE...are you getting the picture? I hate having a meal with her.

HUH???
emotion-41.gif
29.gif
29.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay! Congrats DF!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, T Gal, you know you are one of my favorite people here and I LOVE that avatar, cracks me up every time I see it!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
DiamondFan, congrats dear! You''re an amazing member of this little community, and I love to read your posts - your warmth and strength really come through.

Congratulations again! You deserve it!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stories of your MIL always have me howling in laughter!

Poor Caroline!
11.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much Lauren! You can tell I like it here, no?

This is a lot of fun!

And by the way, you cannot make this stuff up. She is a nutter. Mother Theresa would strangle her in a minute.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hey, I think the movie idea is great! Start filming her and putting videos of her antics on YouTube. Will get her more attention that she loves!
14.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
Many congratulations to you on 10k!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
joflier, thanks so much!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
DaimondFan- I was watching you creep up on this milestone for a while, and then of course completely missed it when it finally came. Congratulations to you; you are absolutely one of the posters who makes this place great. I always enjoy reading your thoughful posts, hearing about your crazy MIL, seeing the new additions to your collection
30.gif
Congrats again.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks icekid!

I still have some goodies up my sleeve, hoping I can get Kaleigh to fit me in to her busy schedule and come over to do a photo shoot together!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results