shape
carat
color
clarity

DIAMONDFAN HITS 10 K POSTS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, DF!!!! I always enjoy your posts!! Keep up the amazing work, woman!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! (sniff sniff)...

I too recall finding PS and posting, and really finding such a wonderful community here. I hope to be here for a long time to come, and really value you all so much!!!

LORELEI, thank you so much for starting this thread! You are the best. I am so happy that you are here and you are such a lovely person. Hope you come stateside, there are TONS of people who would want to meet you.

LISA, I love ya feel so blessed that you are in my neighborhood!!! I hope we have many more fun times!

SKIPPY, you are such a sweet delight here. Your smile comes across all of your posts. I hope to meet you soon too!

AGBF, Thanks! I cannot believe it either, I felt like it was so far away at one point and now, boom, here it is! I would love cake!

CANUK, thanks so much! I love reading your posts too! Glad to be here.

JMAN, Glad you are here! I have so enjoyed this place!

BLISS, Thanks so much! I like posting and hope I can help people.

CROOKED, thanks for noticing! It was such a big moment for me when I noticed it was coming up!

DELSTER, thanks to you too! I love this site so much!

ELLEN, you are also a super person! I appreciate it!

ILUVCARATS, thanks for your post!

PRINCESS, I am in the home stretch!!!! Here I go!

FG, I feel the same about you. Thanks for your kind words!!

MERESAL, a big thanks too!!

MAISIE, thank you. I feel the same about you. You are a special person and it is our blessing to have you here!

GYPSY/LAYLA, how are you doing? I LOVE your makeup look. You remind me of an actress and I cannot place the name right now! You and SDL got there first, I am in such good company!!

MUSEY, wow, I love that! I hope so, I certainly never thought PS would be such a great part of my life and take up so much of my web time! I love it!

MERCOLEDI, thanks so much for your words!

TACORI, funny, I feel the same about you! Glad you are part of PS too!

MADAME B, thanks! It was so nice to meet you that time! I hope we can get a PS Philly get together going again soon!

BEE, I so appreciate it, and feel the same way! I feel I have come to know so many special and wise people here!

ISAKU, THANKS! I am blushing, I really am! It is kind of fun to get to 10,000!

CATMON, Thanks for your words too! It is nice to have my own thread for getting here! Only took 3 plus years!!

GALATEIA, that is so lovely! I appreciate it so much. I think you have such a wonderful way about you, and you have so much to add here.

LINDA, I luv you too! HAVE I GOT SOME GOOD STORIES FOR YOU! (and yes she is still here!) Thanks so much for being you!!

DANCING FIRE, from one df to the big DF, thanks! You crack me up. Can not ever really tell when you are being serious, but I think you are being serious now!!!

JCROW, right back at you! Thanks so much for saying that. I only hope I am well thought of here, it is such a big part of my life and I get a lot of enjoyment from this site!

SABINE, no special emoties needed, I do love them but cannot figure out how to do those fun moving ones! Hey, I feel pretty good I finally changed my avatar after three years!!!

MICHELLE, you are truly a wonderful lady. You exude sweetness and joy and are such a giving person. It comes across in every word you write. I too hope to get to So. Cal someday! I am always envious when some of my favorite PS''ers get to hang out!!!

STRMRDR, Thanks! Did not know your name was Karl!

Hope I did not forget anyone!

Thanks to all of you for your lovely and kind words! I love reading them, hope I can see more and reply to them too!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOO HOO!!! Almost there!!!
35.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani, thanks so much! I was posting my novel and did not see your post!
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,

Can''t wait to hear the stories, tee hee. I also can''t wait to meet you and Lisa one day in person. What a wonderful day that will be.

I will bring my notebook filled with my MIL stories.
9.gif

Love you lots xoxoxoxo
Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, we should start the She-Woman Mother in Law Hater's club!!! (remember the He-Man Woman Haters club from Our Gang?!)

I would even let you be President! (I think we are both equally qualified unfortunately!)

She is making me NUTS right now. I could become homicidal at any time!

ARRGGHHH.

Thankfully we have gorgeous weather at the shore so that is nice.

Hey! You must come out, I really think we need that Philly get together to happen, and have some OOT PS'ers too!

XOXOXO to you too!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha ha ha, I LOVE Our Gang!!!!. I hope you are not getting any migraines.

Love, Linda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2008 4:05:19 PM
Author: diamondfan
Linda, we should start the She-Woman Mother in Law Hater''s club!!! (remember the He-Man Woman Haters club from Our Gang?!)

I would even let you be President! (I think we are both equally qualified unfortunately!)

She is making me NUTS right now. I could become homicidal at any time!

ARRGGHHH.

Thankfully we have gorgeous weather at the shore so that is nice.

Hey! You must come out, I really think we need that Philly get together to happen, and have some OOT PS''ers too!

XOXOXO to you too!
Oh blast....up to her usual tricks???
14.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, you have NO IDEA.

The really sad thing is that the mere site of her gets to me now. NO ONE else in the world does that to me.

Linda, I had ONE bad one, had to go to the ER, have IV fluids, reglan and percocet. I have had some neck and back and pelvic pain but luckily nothing too bad since that one migraine hit!

I am trying to be ZEN about it but not doing so well!!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
How long is she here for???????? We haven''t heard from my MIL in a few years. Now all of a sudden we get an email from her husband saying she had hip replacement surgery and for us to call her. Yea right. Hubby told me NOT to email.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2008 4:10:49 PM
Lorelei, you have NO IDEA.

The really sad thing is that the mere site of her gets to me now. NO ONE else in the world does that to me.

Linda, I had ONE bad one, had to go to the ER, have IV fluids, reglan and percocet. I have had some neck and back and pelvic pain but luckily nothing too bad since that one migraine hit!

I am trying to be ZEN about it but not doing so well!!!!
I can quite understand....
8.gif
I am still marvelling at the toast switch....
38.gif
The sheer audacity!!!

Glad you are feeling better!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am glad you are feeling better now Caroline. Migraines suck
14.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honey, I am sorry you had a migraine. Bleh, they are the worst! Glad you are feeling better! Yay you are almost there! hehe
36.gif
Thank you for your beautiful words; I would love to meet you for sure!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, make HIM do it if he wishes to. I would not take part in that.

The migraine was a doozy, and I am sure once she leaves I will get another. I just hope to make it through the trip (a bit over a week, she leaves here the 29th) without too much hassle.

She simply grates on me so totally I cannot even stand to be in the room with her. Her energy is so nasty.

Even my oldest son, who is so sweet, agrees she has a huge tendency to be nasty and has a witch like appearance. (think the witch from Snow White). It takes all my strength not to lose it.

I have one story if you want to hear it...

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
yayy.gif
...........to you.
woohoo.gif

congratumalations DF

po
x

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2008 4:24:25 PM
Linda, make HIM do it if he wishes to. I would not take part in that.

The migraine was a doozy, and I am sure once she leaves I will get another. I just hope to make it through the trip (a bit over a week, she leaves here the 29th) without too much hassle.

She simply grates on me so totally I cannot even stand to be in the room with her. Her energy is so nasty.

Even my oldest son, who is so sweet, agrees she has a huge tendency to be nasty and has a witch like appearance. (think the witch from Snow White). It takes all my strength not to lose it.

I have one story if you want to hear it...
Yes please!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
YES, we want to hear it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Po, thanks so much! I love your avatar btw!!

Okey dokey, twist my arm!!!

Anyway, my middle son does not like her as she tends to be really nasty to him for NO reason. I watch it time and again, and she is just a nasty person who likes to stir up issues, and for some reason he is the one. I have a theory that it is because he has her number figuratively speaking, and does not kiss her butt. He is not rude but he does not simper and cater to her, which of course she LOVES.

Anyway, we are in this beach house. The house is an upside down, a small den with a tv, chairs and sofa are on the ground floor near the other bedrooms. The master and the main area (kitchen and big open living area) are upstairs. The other night, my son was up with us (my 13 year old, the one she is a witch to). We had been watching the Olympics. She had been downstairs. I was making dinner with my nanny and everyone was chill. My son was in this leather reclining/rocking chair thing that is at one end of the sofa. There are three other chairs in the room and a good sized sofa, and only ONE chair is right next to the rocking chair. He was in the thing, rocking and enjoying the Olympics. She comes up the stairs, gets a magazine and proceeds to sit RIGHT NEXT to him in a chair. I then watch as she repeatedly tells him to STOP rocking as it annoys her. She keeps reaching out and physically pressing on his leg. I look up and say, What is your problem? It is a ROCKING chair. He was there first.

Hubby then comes in and sees her. He says, MOM! He was there first. What is your problem? To which she replies, I am reading and the movement bothers me as I can see him out of the corner of my eye!" (GEEZUS). I then say, YOU came up and sat next to him. Feel free to move to ANOTHER seat if it is bothersome to you. Hubby rolls his eyes and says, Mom, you are going to be one of those nasty horrid women that make it so no one wants to be around them.

I am thinking, EXSQUEEZE ME? WT Heck? BECOME? SHE IS ONE NOW!

Oy vey is she a selfish nightmare.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
This doesn''t surprise me at all Caroline. I wish she didn''t have to join you on your vacations in the first place
14.gif

BTW, my MIL used to sit in my leather chair and pass gas.
14.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2008 4:42:04 PM
Author: Linda W
This doesn't surprise me at all Caroline. I wish she didn't have to join you on your vacations in the first place
14.gif

14.gif
Oh...my.....
emotion-41.gif
Linda, for once I have no words......
emdgust.gif

DF, I am not surprised either, she is quite dreadful!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 4:46:03 PM
Author: Lorelei

This doesn''t surprise me at all Caroline. I wish she didn''t have to join you on your vacations in the first place
14.gif

14.gif

Oh...my.....
emotion-41.gif
emdgust.gif

ha ha ha ha ha Lorelei, yes it was an insult to me. Of course it was never done when my hubby was around.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2008 4:48:26 PM

Date: 8/26/2008 4:46:03 PM
Author: Lorelei

14.gif

14.gif

Oh...my.....
emotion-41.gif
emdgust.gif

ha ha ha ha ha Lorelei, yes it was an insult to me. Of course it was never done when my hubby was around.
UGH!!!! How disgusting!!!
29.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, EEUUWW. Nasty. Would she admit it or try to blame the dog?

Hubby invited her to join us in Little Dix Bay at Christmas.

I said, NO. He said, the bar mitzvah is November and we spend so little time with her at that as we are busy. (thank you G*d).

I said, there is NOTHING to do there. We are in a house up a hill from a resort. She complains about her aches and pains and knee issues, you cannot get anywhere on the hotel property without a golf cart which the resort supplies you. The resort is fairly secluded. there is no where to walk to, it is pretty remote, no real town or shopping. Most nice we stay in or have a chef come in and cook dinners. She HATES the sun, all there is there is beach, watersports, etc. Is my hubby daft? What on earth would make him think she would have fun and not ruin it for us? She makes trouble if she is at all bored or not entertained to her desire, and I promise you she will be bored. Plus EVERY trip we end up with her complaining about stupid malady. (this trip? a canker sore. two trips to the urgent care clinic and two stops at the pharmacy for a CANKER sore. I know they hurt but really?) It is one thing if we are in the US, but to be in a foreign place and have her creating medical dramas is NOT how I wish to spend my time.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! 11 more to go.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Addy, thanks! I think the last few might seem to take a while!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline, why oh why does your husband do this to you? Doesn''t he understand how upset it makes you and your son??? Besides, she makes you ill.

To answer your question, no my MIL didn''t blame it on our dogs (we had 3 at the time) she acted like nothing happened) HA!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, in a nutshell? Jewish guilt. He really enjoys her no more than I do, but it is his MOM. He thinks he SHOULD do these things and so he does. He tends to be fairly generous in the gift department around the time of her visits though, which is nice.

Truly, she SUCKS. And he knows it. She came on a small boat with us this morning, just a little motor boat in the bay so my youngest could fish with dad like his big brothers did. She hates sun, dreads a drop of water touching her but INSISTS she loves boats and being on the water and must come. My middle son and I joined but I told hubby to motor us around for a bit to look at the bay and then return us to my car. That way my youngest felt we were there for a bit but then he got daddy time which is very rare and special. My mother in law sat there freaking because she got the tiniest splash on her. She wore a cap, full clothes though it is gorgeous out, and tied her hood on top of her cap and sat there HOLDING the string. We were putt putting along. She was a nightmare. I then got stuck with her when we got off the boat. FUN!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is she showing signs of any more dementia??? I know that Jewish people do take care of their parents, which is really commendable to him, but the pain she puts you through.
14.gif
and having to spend vacations with her is another
14.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see the dementia. She will eat something, comment on it and then a bit later in the meal say she did not get it or eat it.

She also has this very put out look on her face all of the time. She hates to not be the center of attention.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Hey DF...just wanted to say congrats! I cannot imagine ever hitting 10,000 posts. That''s quite a milestone that some amazing PSers have hit.

Sorry, I love my MIL so I can''t join in the "fun"...
11.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results