shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond worth 2,200 USD.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2009 8:54:16 AM
Author: staci
thanks SC - Others that provides ASET/IS image on request are GoodOldGold, HighperformanceDiamond, Union Diamond, IdJewelry

unluckily no diamond that i want in those dealers
7.gif

round .75-.77, ideal cut, D-H, VS2-SI1. $0-$2,300. this is my advance search for my diamond

thanks also Lorelei - Yes here. http://www.pricescope.com/dealers.asp

since they dont have ASET/IS image and i started at Bluenile, i think right now my top of the list is the last diamond from bluenile i posted.

though im still trying to search for a diamond from the dealers list

and when u say eye clean, what does this really mean specifically?

ty
Eyeclean can have various definitions and in the end is subject to the individual buyers vision, taste, expectations and so on. This threadhttps://www.pricescope.com/communit...an-definition-interpretation-and-taste.30483/ explains all of the above in detail. Normally the matter of '' eyecleanliness'' comes into play more with SI clarities more than VS although there are some sharp eyed individuals whom can spot VS inclusions.

The moral is to always make your expectations for your eyeclean diamond clear to the vendor you are working with. If you don''t want to see any visible inclusions from any angle or distance especially with SI clarities then make sure you tell them that so you are on the same page.

staci

Shiny_Rock
the jamesallen diamond is over my budget.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Huh?

It is only 2270 with PS discount. I thought your budget is 2300?

staci

Shiny_Rock
it shows $2,470 every time i click the link.

im not familiar yet with PS discount.

Item Number: 1194336
round .75 E SI1

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
It should show that you are from PS if you find the link here.

Otherwise, call JA and tell them you found the stone from PS and ask about the PS discount. There should be another 1.5% discount by wire-transfer payment if I remember correctly.

staci

Shiny_Rock
thanks stone cold ur really a big help.

ll contact them once the chatline is up :)

now im starting to get excited

does bluenile also give discount on PS members?
cos it will be a choice bet the diamond from bluenile or JA right now :)

just to update:
http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-diamond-ring?pid=LD01531894&forceStep=DIAMONDS_STEP SC
http://www.bluenile.co.uk/round-diamond-1-carat-or-less-ideal-cut-e-colour-si1-clarity_LD01531894?__fun_frm=i&filter_id=0 Lorelei

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/E-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1194336.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, BN do not have a PS discount. So the two stones are comparable in prices.

staci

Shiny_Rock
already talked to JA, the customer service Kenny was really nice.
ill update you guys soon
thanks again so much.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck. :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2009 10:47:32 AM
already talked to JA, the customer service Kenny was really nice.
ill update you guys soon
thanks again so much.

Staci if this is the James Allen diamond you are interested in, there a few things you need to check -

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/E-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1194336.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

Ask them if it is eyeclean and that the grade making cloud isn't affecting performance. Also that the cavity isn't a potential durability issue, it isn't always the case but much safer to check. Check the strong blue fluorescence isn't making the diamond look cloud too, as you know this is rare but again best to check.

staci

Shiny_Rock
im still waiting for the ASET and IS image, ill post it once i get it from them.
ill get it when u give me the go signal ;-)
still have end of nov to decide also :)

thanks again Lorelei

if its not too much to ask.
with in my pref and budget where and what stone would you personally get?
this could make my hunting easier :)
just incase u have time to look for a stone for me :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2009 1:02:44 PM
im still waiting for the ASET and IS image, ill post it once i get it from them.
ill get it when u give me the go signal ;-)
still have end of nov to decide also :)

thanks again Lorelei

if its not too much to ask.
with in my pref and budget where and what stone would you personally get?
this could make my hunting easier :)
just incase u have time to look for a stone for me :)
You are welcome!

I had a look and found this one, Pricescope price $2160. If it is eyeclean and the cavity and feather not an issue it could be a super choice, request the hearts image too if interested.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1245418.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

staci

Shiny_Rock
is there a really big difference with hearts and arrows and ideal cut?

what is the difference bet the 2?

is hearts and arrow really nicer and will stand out and really noticeable?

if i ask JA if the stone is eye clean how accurate they could be?

thinking of hearts and arrows make my head aches :) hehehe

but pls keep it coming.

i really want to get the beautiful stone with in my budget

:)

*i checked on the virtual loupe and from what i saw its not eye clean i guess, cos i can se alot of crack like on the stone
am i right there lorelei?

staci

Shiny_Rock
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1253675.asp
how about this one

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 2:20:02 PM

but pls keep it coming.

*i checked on the virtual loupe and from what i saw its not eye clean i guess, cos i can se alot of crack like on the stone

H&A is a optical symm measurement, not equal to the best optically performing. A stone can ideal optical symm
but still perform badly due to the proportion being off. with regards to performance linked to optical symmetry, the experts are still debating on that subject.

Regarding eye-clean, you can ask to schedule an appointment with the JA gemologist to talk about the stone, you can also specify how eye-clean you want to stone to be, like from just the table or all around, from how far away. The link from the journal will have state JA's eye-clean specification.

Do not use the virtual loupe to judge if a stone is eye-clean as it will be affected by several factors. Best to just ask them. So far, JA's gemologists do a good job, if it is not eye-clean they will say so.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2009 2:20:02 PM

but pls keep it coming.

Don't judge a diamond by the loupe image, thats no way to tell if it is eyeclean or whether any of the inclusions are or are not an issue, the only way is to ask the vendor to inspect it for you - JA will be honest.

As to whether h&a is better it depends, the overall proportions and craftsmanship are what matter, if you have 2 diamonds with similar top proportions which both score below 2 on the HCA as an example, and one is h&a and the other is not - you would probably not notice any difference between then with the naked eye, arrow patterning can only be seen in certain lights and the hearts you can't see anyway when set.

staci

Shiny_Rock
cut analysis of 3 diamonds

http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-diamond-ring?pid=LD01531894&forceStep=DIAMONDS_STEP
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1 - Excellent
within TIC range

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/E-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1194336.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131Factor Grade
Light Return Very Good
Fire Very Good
Scintillation Very Good
Spread
Total Visual Performance 3.1 - Very Good - Worth buying if the price is right

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1245418.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131
Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Very Good
Spread
Total Visual Performance 1.7 - Excellent
within FIC range

getting confused again.

BN diamond , no ASET / IS image but cut analysis is 1. with in my preferred specs

.75JA- still waiting for the images, with in my preferred specs. cut analysis-3.1 - Very Good - Worth buying if the price is right

.73JA- higher color, lower clarity. as much as possible i prefer SI1. but cut analysis is 1.7 and recommended by Lorelei

*diamond i want-round .75-.77, 2300$, beautiful in the naked eye(sparkling and clean) its a plus for the inside beauty of the stone.
*can be adjust but preferred- color H and up, clarity SI1 and up.

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
I know you said nothing below SI1, but if it were me and I were working with your budget, I would pick this one:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1256326.asp

Carat weight: 0.76
Cut: Ideal
Color: F
Clarity: SI2
Certificate: GIA
Depth: 61.5
Table: 56
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.88*5.90*3.62

It rates a 1.3 on the Cut Advisor as well. On the GIA cert, it says "H&A" under the Additional Inscription section. No clue if that holds any weight but the stone looked like a beauty to me!

Price would be $2,090 with the PS discount.

**Let me also add that I would have them check out the feather to make sure that there would be no major issues later on. If it's not in a bad place, I'd keep it as an option**

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2009 11:55:59 PM
cut analysis of 3 diamonds

http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-diamond-ring?pid=LD01531894&forceStep=DIAMONDS_STEP
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
Total Visual Performance 1 - Excellent
within TIC range

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/E-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1194336.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131Factor Grade
Light Return Very Good
Fire Very Good
Scintillation Very Good
Spread
Total Visual Performance 3.1 - Very Good - Worth buying if the price is right

Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Very Good
Spread
Total Visual Performance 1.7 - Excellent
within FIC range

getting confused again.

BN diamond , no ASET / IS image but cut analysis is 1. with in my preferred specs

.75JA- still waiting for the images, with in my preferred specs. cut analysis-3.1 - Very Good - Worth buying if the price is right

.73JA- higher color, lower clarity. as much as possible i prefer SI1. but cut analysis is 1.7 and recommended by Lorelei

*diamond i want-round .75-.77, 2300$, beautiful in the naked eye(sparkling and clean) its a plus for the inside beauty of the stone.
*can be adjust but preferred- color H and up, clarity SI1 and up.

Find out by asking JA if the inclusions on the E SI are an issue Staci and if the one I found is eyeclean to know if those should still be in the running, if so then request an Idealscope for the E. The BN diamond could still be an option but I think that is how to proceed, ask about the first two for '' eyecleaniness.''

staci

Shiny_Rock
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1255857.asp
i think i really like this one :)
i just hope ill get a big discount from JA ( periscope and bankwire)
fluorescence is negligible??? good or bad?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linky it.

Date: 10/18/2009 2:24:50 PM

I think this will be over your budget at 2540 even with PS and Bankwire discount. IS looks good, request the hearts image. Fluorescence is negligible is similar to saying no fluorescence.

staci

Shiny_Rock
sorry, linky means what?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
just make the url address into a clickable link.

staci

Shiny_Rock
ohh, sorry i tried , even quoting, but i cant make it work.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
No problem. Play around a bit with the reply form that you use to reply, you will see a few buttons.

Quoting there is a button on the upper left of the reply form, just below the attached file button, just click on that.

For link, use the button just above the reply form that looks like a globe with a chain in front.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/18/2009 2:45:10 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
Linky it.

Date: 10/18/2009 2:24:50 PM

I think this will be over your budget at 2540 even with PS and Bankwire discount. IS looks good, request the hearts image. Fluorescence is negligible is similar to saying no fluorescence.
If the budget can handle it this one looks good, ask JA for a hearts image. Nowadays they don't say no fluorescence so much just in case there was in fact a minuscule amount, so negligible means the same thing but would still apply even if another professional opinion thought there was a tiny amount. Either way - you won't see anything.

staci

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 3:42:56 AM
No problem. Play around a bit with the reply form that you use to reply, you will see a few buttons.

Quoting there is a button on the upper left of the reply form, just below the attached file button, just click on that.

For link, use the button just above the reply form that looks like a globe with a chain in front.

thanks i got the quotation thingy :)

now , i think i want the hearts and arrows cut.

to whether h&a is better it depends, the overall proportions and craftsmanship are what matter, if you have 2 diamonds with similar top proportions which both score below 2 on the HCA as an example, and one is h&a and the other is not - you would probably not notice any difference between then with the naked eye, arrow patterning can only be seen in certain lights and the hearts you can''t see anyway when set.

thanks again lorelei, so i guess i have to base it on the HCA not on the cut alone :)
i hope ill find an excellent ideal cut or nice Hearts and Arrows cut with in my budget .

i though its getting easier but i guess its getting more complicated again with the HeartsandArrows cut :razz:

just so thankful for JA for helping me and being patient with me also ;-)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2009 5:02:24 AM

Date: 10/19/2009 3:42:56 AM

thanks i got the quotation thingy :)

now , i think i want the hearts and arrows cut.

to whether h&a is better it depends, the overall proportions and craftsmanship are what matter, if you have 2 diamonds with similar top proportions which both score below 2 on the HCA as an example, and one is h&a and the other is not - you would probably not notice any difference between then with the naked eye, arrow patterning can only be seen in certain lights and the hearts you can't see anyway when set.

thanks again lorelei, so i guess i have to base it on the HCA not on the cut alone :)
i hope ill find an excellent ideal cut or nice Hearts and Arrows cut with in my budget .

i though its getting easier but i guess its getting more complicated again with the HeartsandArrows cut :razz:

just so thankful for JA for helping me and being patient with me also ;-)
LOL! Look at you quoting text like a pro, well done!!!!

No don't base any selection on the HCA, find out which diamonds score below 2 then evaluate from there with images.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto. Remember, HCA is a rejection tool, IS/ASET image thrumps it.

Good luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results