shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond worth 2,200 USD.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

staci

Shiny_Rock
Can you PLEASE help me find a nice engagement ring my budget is not more than 2,200 USD.
i prefer online since in from South East Asia.
i also prefer not less than 3/4 carat stone.
i would really like to impress my girl even it is not a 1 carat diamond.
the brilliant the diamond the better.
sorry if this is too much to ask, i just find it really complicated to find the right one.
i just want to buy the perfect choice for my girl.
really hoping for your suggestions.
TIA

staci

Shiny_Rock
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Princess-Diamond-1087570.asp

what do u think of this diamond?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you list down you specs again? And still looking for a princess or will you consider a round?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/8/2009 6:17:38 AM
Author: staci
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Princess-Diamond-1087570.asp

what do u think of this diamond?
Hi Staci

It might be an option, ask JA for an ASET image and see if they can run a Sarin scan to get the crown height.

staci

Shiny_Rock
i could consider a round diamond :) ty

above .75 carat
G-H color
VS clarity

staci

Shiny_Rock
Hi Staci

It might be an option, ask JA for an ASET image and see if they can run a Sarin scan to get the crown height.

ok, ill ask for the ASET image then ill post it soon here.

ty :)

staci

Shiny_Rock
change of mind
now i want i round diamond
found out that my girl doesn''t want a princess cut.

back to start on finding a .75 color G worth of 2,200USD round diamond
7.gif

seems like it wont fit my budget
7.gif

staci

Shiny_Rock
since im not getting a 1carat diamond. i would like to stick with my color and clarity.

but i would look on to this diamond. thank you so much!

btw, what is HCA?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2009 3:46:12 PM
Author: staci
since im not getting a 1carat diamond. i would like to stick with my color and clarity.

but i would look on to this diamond. thank you so much!

btw, what is HCA?

HCA = Holloway Cut Adviser.
https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp

So what is your priority? Something have to give if you can't find what you want. How much time do you have before you have to buy, if you have some leeway, continue searching, maybe some are still in the pipeline.

Higgsr1

Rough_Rock
Staci,

Nothing wrong with an si1. I just bought an si1 as long as its eye clean you wont be able to tell. i have a .81 g si1. cant see a thing. jumping to vs would eat up some of your money for something you prob wont be able to tell with your naked eye. As long as its an si1 eye clean you''d be fine

staci

Shiny_Rock
HCA = Holloway Cut Adviser.
https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp

So what is your priority? Something have to give if you can''t find what you want. How much time do you have before you have to buy, if you have some leeway, continue searching, maybe some are still in the pipeline

thanks sir.

before i set my mind with G VS .75carat diamond with in my budget.
but when i found out this site, i found out that there are more things to consider.(HCA, ASET, etc)
priority now is to buy the best diamond i could get.
i need to buy the diamond before Xmas, but the sooner the better because after buying the ring i would look for someone to bring it here in our country which is not that easy also. diamonds here are kinda expensive.
last time i checked a .75 SI clarity, L color is worth 3,000 USD.
its really hard to find a VS G diamond here and if ever its really expensive.

staci

Shiny_Rock
Staci,

Nothing wrong with an si1. I just bought an si1 as long as its eye clean you wont be able to tell. i have a .81 g si1. cant see a thing. jumping to vs would eat up some of your money for something you prob wont be able to tell with your naked eye. As long as its an si1 eye clean you''d be fine

i might consider SI1 if i cant find a VS with in my budget.
thanks sir!

staci

Shiny_Rock
This look promising, ask for an Idealscope image and if it is eye-clean if you are interested.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/E-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1134038.asp

thanks, trying to consider this specially the price. asking for the image right now.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I really doubt anyone who isn''t a professional would know the difference betten VS and SI. I would go with the SI and spend your money on going bigger...but that is just me.

staci

Shiny_Rock
This one does look promising if you are looking for a nice diamond on a budget, post the IS image when you get it.

still waiting for the image, but this is way over my budget
7.gif

how bout this one? from the specs alone, do u think this is a nice diamond?
it says image not available
7.gif

Report: GIA
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Shape: Round
Carat: 0.75
Depth %: 61.5
Table %: 59
Girdle: M-STK
Measurements: 5.79-5.85X3.58
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None

http://www.whiteflash.com/round/Round-cut-diamond-2181583.htm

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not enough information, the stone is a virtual stone, meaning it is hold by some other vendor. So if you are interested in it, WF would have to call it in. There are some additional cost to it if in the end you do not want to get that stone.

staci

Shiny_Rock
Not enough information, the stone is a virtual stone, meaning it is hold by some other vendor. So if you are interested in it, WF would have to call it in. There are some additional cost to it if in the end you do not want to get that stone.

ohh, thanks for the info. dont want to add more cost

staci

Shiny_Rock
They put the Diamond No Longer Available when i asked for the idealscope image.
Does it mean i need to pay for something also?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I assume you mean the JA stones? No, they just put it on-hold for you while they take the IS image of the stone, it will be on-hold for you for up 24hrs after you receive the IS image.

staci

Shiny_Rock
my request for the idealscope image was been denied.
didnt expect that it was complicated also for asking the image
7.gif

back to hunting

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Huh? Why was it denied? What did JA say?

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 8:24:14 AM
Author: Stone-cold11
Stone''s point is well taken that virtual diamonds aren''t ever as easy as working with inhouse inventory, but I did want to make a slight correction to the above in yellow.

When we bring in virtual stones, we put them through a thorough evaluation. If the stone fails our inspection, it does not earn our recommendation. In this case, we incur the shipping charges and the customer pays nothing.

If the stone does earn our recommendation and the client completes the purchase, again no shipping charges are passed along to the customer.
The only time the client incurs additional costs is when the stone earns our recommendation and the client declines to purchase it. In that sole instance, the client covers the shipping charges back and forth for the virtual diamond.

Hope this info helps with your search, Staci.
1.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Allison.

By earning WF's recommendation, which level do you mean? Sometimes, we even see some leaky cuts in the ES section.

Dreamer1116

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/8/2009 10:10:09 PM
Author: Sarahbear621
I really doubt anyone who isn''t a professional would know the difference betten VS and SI. I would go with the SI and spend your money on going bigger...but that is just me.
Ditto! I have an SI2 clarity diamond (eye-clean), ideal cut. I get comments and compliments all the time, even from women with RBs because they think it has a ''special cut'' and that''s why it sparkles so much more. I was just in Tiffany & Co. the other day, and they were drooling over my ring. Most women and people notice size more than anything. If you want to check out my ring, just so you have some reference (and there are tons on the site) here is a picture.

dreamer11161985.JPG

staci

Shiny_Rock
very nice ring dreamer ;-)

yup i decided to go down SI1 since my budget is limited.
but i will still stick with not lower than .75 and G color

just incase you come across with this ring

.75carat
G color
SI1 clarity
Round cut diamond

Pls let me know.

thank you so much everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results