shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond tennis necklace ❤️

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Hello I’m currently dreaming of a tennis necklace but my bling budget has gone on a new kitchen. I’m hoping to get the same look you speak of when I’ve replenished the coffers (dainty but noticeable) and think 8-10 carats would be best. I’ve tried on a few but biased this on photos from Stephanie Gottleib’s website E9F669C8-B174-47D2-90D1-2BA3D3B2935F.png

I personally think a non graduated necklace looks more casual and than the classic graduated riviera style.

I have no experience with the company you mentioned. Good luck on your search. Please come back and show us pictures when it arrives.

I returned the 7 carat bc it was flippy. The non-graduated ones are very pretty but it seems like they have to be shorter, more choker length not to flip...

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I think both look stunning, it all depends on the look you’re after…...not to mention lulu_ma’s beautiful skin :kiss2:

Aw thanks @seafarm ! You made my day-I usually think of it as old lady skin:lol:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I returned the 7 carat bc it was flippy. The non-graduated ones are very pretty but it seems like they have to be shorter, more choker length not to flip...

I'm really glad they flip. This will save me thousands of dollars I can spend on other bling! :lol-2:

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
I'm really glad they flip. This will save me thousands of dollars I can spend on other bling! :lol-2:

The graduated style is heavier at the front and (with DeeJay’s riviera) the 7 largest stones are soldered together. This, together with a longer length of 18” tends to minimise the issue of flipping for some.

So you can safely keep your dream alive if you’re interested in the graduated style :$$):….sorry to burst your bubble :mrgreen2:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@seafarm FYI, I'm not angry. It's the only emoji that adequately reflects the bubble bursting and my lack of self control. :lol-2:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies, here are a couple more pics. Sorry-I'm a little obsessed! I included a pic with my studs.

I live in low-key New England so I only plan to wear them together for dressier dinners.

@Phoenix do you know anyone who lives in FL? There's a platinum 22 ctw that's on auction today-E/F color!

IMG_7082 2.JPG IMG_6084 2.jpg

OMG. I totally missed this! :cry2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix if I see any more I will post them here for you! But these days, I am mostly searching for OECS:P2

Thank you, @lulu_ma . But no worries, no pressure. :)

I'm actually currently in dialogue with a vendor in Bangkok, whom I found on IG. She says she could do a 16-17ct, F-G colour, VVS-VS, 16.5" long tennis necklace for around USD17k. I think it's not a bad deal, and I may even be able to negotiate for a small wire discount. I just need to find a way to figure out if the diamonds are really of these specs and most importantly whether they are well cut.

Of course, if I am willing to go to a lower colour and/or lower clarity, I am sure she could shave off a few thousand.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, @lulu_ma . But no worries, no pressure. :)

I'm actually currently in dialogue with a vendor in Bangkok, whom I found on IG. She says she could do a 16-17ct, F-G colour, VVS-VS, 16.5" long tennis necklace for around USD17k. I think it's not a bad deal, and I may even be able to negotiate for a small wire discount. I just need to find a way to figure out if the diamonds are really of these specs and most importantly whether they are well cut.

Of course, if I am willing to go to a lower colour and/or lower clarity, I am sure she could shave off a few thousand.

Primus, by chance?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Yes, how did you know?!:o

I'm psychic. Just kidding! :lol:

I found out about Primus from Mirum Quantum on Insta. I never realized that there was a high end Thai diamond brand until last week (my parents are Thai Chinese).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm psychic. Just kidding! :lol:

I found out about Primus from Mirum Quantum on Insta. I never realized that there was a high end Thai diamond brand until last week (my parents are Thai Chinese).

Lol. Ok.

Do you know if she's any good?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Lol. Ok.

Do you know if she's any good?

I don't know--I usually shop for colored stones in BKK. But let me ask my mom-she might know...

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know--I usually shop for colored stones in BKK. But let me ask my mom-she might know...

Please, thank you very much, @lulu_ma .

She's working on a couple of quotes for me right now. It's gonna be either a same-size 15pt necklace or a very slightly graduating necklace with 20pts at the front and going to maybe 18-15-12-10. All F-G, VVS-VS. White gold. 16.5 inch long.

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
What a great thread!!!
I’m a little late to the party but better late than never.
I’m wondering if you ladies wear your necklaces daily??!!
Is there a size that is optimal for daily wear?

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
I think mine is a little OTT for everyday wear. It’s a riviera style (graduated) - 13.21ctw.

Possibly a smaller carat weight in the riviera style - maybe around 8ctw - or a tennis style (all same sized stones) up to 10ctw….or more? would be ok for daily wear. Just my thoughts.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
@seafarm
I must chime in to say your necklace & bracelet really look substantial & great :) so happy for you truly ❤️

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
@seafarm
I must chime in to say your necklace & bracelet really look substantial & great :) so happy for you truly ❤️
Oh thank you Lucinda, that’s very kind.

I purchased both items online. The bracelet from an online jewellery auction (here in Australia) and the necklace from an eBay store in the US.

I’m very happy with both :)

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
Oh thank you Lucinda, that’s very kind.

I purchased both items online. The bracelet from an online jewellery auction (here in Australia) and the necklace from an eBay store in the US.

I’m very happy with both :)

Lucida, sorry…..darn autocorrect!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Please, thank you very much, @lulu_ma .

She's working on a couple of quotes for me right now. It's gonna be either a same-size 15pt necklace or a very slightly graduating necklace with 20pts at the front and going to maybe 18-15-12-10. All F-G, VVS-VS. White gold. 16.5 inch long.

I vote for graduated. I’m just afraid the 15 pointer will flip like your last one. You might consider having her solder the first 7 together. Deejay does that with theirs and I think that is a good design element to minimize flipping.

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
What a great thread!!!
I’m a little late to the party but better late than never.
I’m wondering if you ladies wear your necklaces daily??!!
Is there a size that is optimal for daily wear?

The estate 11 carat that I ended up with is very wearable for everyday. The 8.6 carat Deejay Jeweler one that I almost kept was a great size for everyday. I don’t think I could have gone too much bigger in that one bc I wanted more of daily wear necklace versus a party necklace. The Deejay setting style has more metal around the individual diamonds so it gives them more presence.

Here’s a pic of the 8.5 ct yellow gold Deejay necklace juxtaposed with the 11 carat estate platinum necklace I kept.

So I guess the answer is it depends on how the diamonds are set…

B18464D7-3DBB-4F42-AA50-D7A3D2FD4B7F.jpeg C1F4FCC8-6E13-4379-A1D0-257A85A3CCED.jpeg

Last edited:

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
Wit
The estate 11 carat that I ended up with is very wearable for everyday. The 8.6 carat Deejay Jeweler one that I almost kept was a great size for everyday. I don’t think I could have gone too much bigger in that one bc I wanted more of daily wear necklace versus a party necklace. The Deejay setting style has more metal around the individual diamonds so it gives them more presence.

Here’s a pic of the 8.5 ct yellow gold Deejay necklace juxtaposed with the 11 carat estate platinum necklace I kept.

B18464D7-3DBB-4F42-AA50-D7A3D2FD4B7F.jpeg C1F4FCC8-6E13-4379-A1D0-257A85A3CCED.jpeg

Without a doubt you kept the right necklace. That 11 carat estate piece is absolutely stunning and the length looks perfect on you :kiss2:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for graduated. I’m just afraid the 15 pointer will flip like your last one. You might consider having her solder the first 7 together. Deejay does that with theirs and I think that is a good design element to minimize flipping.

Thank you, @lulu_ma . I think so too.

Diamond Best Friend

Rough_Rock

Hello,
I am new to the site and recently took a chance on any postings about a Riviera Necklace. I am so glad I did, the photos and posts have been so helpful. I am presently shopping for a Riviera Necklace. I like the three prong settings, does anyone have any comments or own one in a three prong setting? I think this particular setting really accentuates the stones. Thank you.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Hello,
I am new to the site and recently took a chance on any postings about a Riviera Necklace. I am so glad I did, the photos and posts have been so helpful. I am presently shopping for a Riviera Necklace. I like the three prong settings, does anyone have any comments or own one in a three prong setting? I think this particular setting really accentuates the stones. Thank you.

Tagging @Missie1 as she has a beautiful 3 prong set necklace.

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Hello saw this and thought of this thread and the ‘flippy’ issue with tennis necklaces. This one has box links each side of the box has a single cut diamond. Nice solution to the flipping problem!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Diamond Best Friend

Rough_Rock
Hello saw this and thought of this thread and the ‘flippy’ issue with tennis necklaces. This one has box links each side of the box has a single cut diamond. Nice solution to the flipping problem!

Thank You so much.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Tagging @Missie1 as she has a beautiful 3 prong set necklace.
Hello,

Hi Diamond Best Friend,

I own a three prong tennis necklace and your in luck because I finally wore it this past weekend so I have feedback . The necklace didn’t flip and that was great. The one issue I noticed was that it moved and the larger stones were not always centered in middle of my throat. Now I want to add that I had chain adjusted to add half inch so that could be cause. It still was great and I loved the look

Diamond Best Friend

Rough_Rock
Hi Diamond Best Friend,

I own a three prong tennis necklace and your in luck because I finally wore it this past weekend so I have feedback . The necklace didn’t flip and that was great. The one issue I noticed was that it moved and the larger stones were not always centered in middle of my throat. Now I want to add that I had chain adjusted to add half inch so that could be cause. It still was great and I loved the look

Thank you so much. It sounds lovely, may I ask what carat weight it is? Where purchased?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results