shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond tennis necklace ❤️

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
@HollyC I’ve see her beautiful necklace but it looks like it’s fixed on? What I meant was slipping on the pendant to wear... removable and not fixed on.

Sorry for the crap pics as the lighting is pretty bad but here are 2 examples:

6AAB1342-0EA1-4DA6-BC86-91217B428B2C.jpeg 4AF1C436-010E-4F0A-A1CC-0647854B0EC0.jpeg

I’ve also seen for normal tennis necklaces depending on the design a small hook or removable ring device to loop/hang pendants on. Like this type:

—————-

Thanks @lulu_ma @missy! =)2
Your pendants look beautiful with it. I don't have many pendants and the only one's I thought would fit are my VCA Magic, but no, they wouldn't go over the clasp. I did try it with a removable link but it's not right and looks off. Here is a pic
A23E10DB-4149-4360-A904-9B4FEB4F90A2.jpeg
Oops don't know why it's sideways.

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
That would be me! That’s where I bought my one. Mine is the 10.5 carat one in yellow gold. I was quoted over $20,000 (yup) to have one made here in Australia so I went with DeeJay jewellers on eBay.
I was very happy with the quality, they aren’t milky and sparkle well.
However even with the longer length and graduated diamonds, it still flipped on me. Putting the heart pendant on it stopped the issue.

Hi Bron357,
I am also from Aus and considering purchasing a diamond Riviera necklace from DeeJay Jewellers.
I’m a little concerned as the pics seem to be ‘stock’ photos not photos of each individual piece of jewellery.
You seem happy with your purchase but just wondering if you still feel the same way several months on.
Also, can you tell me the import duties you paid in percentage?
I’m thinking 10% gst plus 5% import duty.
To be on the safe side I’m adding 20% to the price given differences in the exchange rate and charges associated with paying by credit card.
Also, just to check, the duties charged by customs are on the price paid for the item (including postage) NOT the appraisal value that is included with the purchase?
Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Bron357,
I am also from Aus and considering purchasing a diamond Riviera necklace from DeeJay Jewellers.
I’m a little concerned as the pics seem to be ‘stock’ photos not photos of each individual piece of jewellery.
You seem happy with your purchase but just wondering if you still feel the same way several months on.
Also, can you tell me the import duties you paid in percentage?
I’m thinking 10% gst plus 5% import duty.
To be on the safe side I’m adding 20% to the price given differences in the exchange rate and charges associated with paying by credit card.
Also, just to check, the duties charged by customs are on the price paid for the item (including postage) NOT the appraisal value that is included with the purchase?
Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Hi, I was and still am very happy with the tennis necklace. Especially seeing as when I enquired of my jeweller to have one made, it was circa $20,000!
I went with the graduated one, the largest diamond is .50 carat. The ones that go up behind my hair are much smaller of course but I prefer the “size” where I can see it.
I paid 15%, being 10% GST plus 5% Customs plus a processing fee ($75?). Strictly speaking the import is eligible for using the US / Aust free trade agreement (saves you that 5%) but that requires the Vendor to know and fill out the appropriate forms. Back when I bought mine they didn’t know, maybe these days they do? In any regard you can make application to Customs to get a refund but that is onerous itself.
Customs is on the actual purchase price plus shipping.
The diamonds are definitely eye clean and well cut. The necklace has considerable gold weight as well, it’s not skimpy.
I added a pendant to the tennis necklace.
DEDFCD62-A0EE-479B-B9EE-0B3ACAD8D90D.jpeg F008F01F-B444-4DDF-A22B-802EDE18E9B8.jpeg D7D79EE2-42C5-457D-9FDD-2E7BF6287ADB.jpeg

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for your quick reply and all your info.
I’ve been searching to find any info on this eBay store. Jewellery prices in Aus are ridiculous!
I’m so pleased I came across this thread (I’ve never joined a forum before!) and to find an Aussie who has purchased from DeeJay given they do not accept returns from outside the US.
I’ll definitely ask about the 5% US/Aus free trade agreement form before I purchase, though I have emailed DeeJay about the relevant duties and they haven’t mentioned it!
I’m looking at a - just over - 12 carat graduated style. Like you I prefer the larger stones at the front where you can see them. The largest size stone is .48 ct.
Yours looks lovely and I did read that you put the pendant on the necklace to stop it twisting, such a great idea.
Thank you once again, you’ve made my day.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Tried a 10ctw graduated one today but it was so flippy! My jeweller said it’s probably a little short for me, hence the flippiness. Loved the size though. Was told the largest diamond in front is a 0.5ct stone.

436AED51-B0BB-4BC5-9849-0DD7CE767891.jpeg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Tried a 10ctw graduated one today but it was so flippy! My jeweller said it’s probably a little short for me, hence the flippiness. Loved the size though. Was told the largest diamond in front is a 0.5ct stone.

Love that size on you! Is it necklace set in white gold or platinum? What’s the length?

I think my center stone is a similar size at 5.5mm but the heavy platinum setting seems to keep it from flipping.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Love that size on you! Is it necklace set in white gold or platinum? What’s the length?

I think my center stone is a similar size at 5.5mm but the heavy platinum setting seems to keep it from flipping.

Thanks! It’s 18k WG and 16 inches. Ah well, at least I now know I need at least 10ctw and in illusion setting to be happy with the size. Oh, and around G color too. So it will be a while before I get one…

I once tried on a v shaped tennis necklace that doesn’t flip, so that’s a possible solution too.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! It’s 18k WG and 16 inches. Ah well, at least I now know I need at least 10ctw and in illusion setting to be happy with the size. Oh, and around G color too. So it will be a while before I get one…

I once tried on a v shaped tennis necklace that doesn’t flip, so that’s a possible solution too.

A platinum setting may help. My necklace is a hair over 17”L-I wonder if that helps, too.

Good luck and keep us posted!

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock

I know that you were thinking to put some removable pendants on the tennis necklace, would they fit on this type?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
A platinum setting may help. My necklace is a hair over 17”L-I wonder if that helps, too.

Good luck and keep us posted!

I have several “projects” in progress so am not in a hurry for this one. When the right one comes along I guess…

I know that you were thinking to put some removable pendants on the tennis necklace, would they fit on this type?

Yes, if the bail is big enough. Or my jeweler
said can also add a hook on the necklace. But I feel like it’s a bit “too much” for daily wear if another pendant is added. More like a nice dinner type of combination maybe?

ladylaw

Rough_Rock
This thread has made me lust for a tennis necklace! I've started following Dolly on Instagram and drooling over her antique stones, and dreaming of DeeJay's rivieras...Maybe due to my internet searching, I've started to get tons of targeted ads for Capucelli. Anyone have any experience with them? They seem to have a strong Etsy presence, and a new website. Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/capucelli?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1010484329

For folks who've purchased from DeeJay, it sounds like he'll let you buy a few pieces to see what you like best and then you can return the rest? Can someone confirm that? Ideally I'd have a few pieces shipped to me to try out, since this would be my first diamond necklace!

ladylaw

Rough_Rock
Your pendants look beautiful with it. I don't have many pendants and the only one's I thought would fit are my VCA Magic, but no, they wouldn't go over the clasp. I did try it with a removable link but it's not right and looks off. Here is a pic
A23E10DB-4149-4360-A904-9B4FEB4F90A2.jpeg
Oops don't know why it's sideways.

Do you mind sharing cost and timing of working with IceRock? Your necklace is stunning, I would love to compare pricing and quality to DeeJay...

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Do you mind sharing cost and timing of working with IceRock? Your necklace is stunning, I would love to compare pricing and quality to DeeJay...

Not at all. From what I remember, the cost was around double of Deejay. I ultimately went with Sam because I trusted that he would make me a beautiful necklace and he did :). The diamonds are 10 tcw GH VS2 and sparkle like crazy. I also much prefer my setting to an illusion setting. Timing wise, I think it was about 8 weeks but I think his normal turnaround is 4-6. Hope this helps. Can't wait to see your new necklace.

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
This thread has made me lust for a tennis necklace! I've started following Dolly on Instagram and drooling over her antique stones, and dreaming of DeeJay's rivieras...Maybe due to my internet searching, I've started to get tons of targeted ads for Capucelli. Anyone have any experience with them? They seem to have a strong Etsy presence, and a new website. Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/capucelli?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1010484329

For folks who've purchased from DeeJay, it sounds like he'll let you buy a few pieces to see what you like best and then you can return the rest? Can someone confirm that? Ideally I'd have a few pieces shipped to me to try out, since this would be my first diamond necklace!

I purchased a Riviera necklace (13.21ctw) from DeeJay three weeks ago. I am extremely happy with my necklace, it is beautiful.

DeeJay do have a return policy but unfortunately not for international buyers….I live in Australia.

Their feedback is amazing but I wanted to do a bit more research which led me here. I was concerned about spending so much money as their pics seemed to be ‘stock’ photos (which is allowed if the items are very similar), and being unable to return the necklace if I was unhappy with it.

DeeJay were 8661BE02-727A-4260-B8B0-09AEA0F40924.jpeg 48173AE9-A114-4283-B897-B8E619CAB191.jpeg D55134B1-2ED4-4409-9376-39FA370C5B6F.jpeg very helpful (and patient!) with my many emails and questions prior to purchase.

I have not taken the necklace to an independent valuer as yet, but I have a 10+ carat tennis bracelet and the stones look quite similar (to a novice with an untrained eye). The valuation on my tennis bracelet states H-I colour, SI1-SI2-I1 clarity. The Riviera necklace is G-H colour, SI2 clarity.

My bracelet is 18K white gold and the necklace is 14K white gold, which is not as bright and quite a bit darker in colour.

I will post some pics. The earrings at the back are 2ctw GIA E/SI2.

I am quite sure you will not be disappointed if you decide to purchase from DeeJay, I’m very happy with mine. Best of luck.

JoeQueen

Rough_Rock
I purchased a Riviera necklace (13.21ctw) from DeeJay three weeks ago. I am extremely happy with my necklace, it is beautiful.

DeeJay do have a return policy but unfortunately not for international buyers….I live in Australia.

Their feedback is amazing but I wanted to do a bit more research which led me here. I was concerned about spending so much money as their pics seemed to be ‘stock’ photos (which is allowed if the items are very similar), and being unable to return the necklace if I was unhappy with it.

DeeJay were 8661BE02-727A-4260-B8B0-09AEA0F40924.jpeg 48173AE9-A114-4283-B897-B8E619CAB191.jpeg D55134B1-2ED4-4409-9376-39FA370C5B6F.jpeg very helpful (and patient!) with my many emails and questions prior to purchase.

I have not taken the necklace to an independent valuer as yet, but I have a 10+ carat tennis bracelet and the stones look quite similar (to a novice with an untrained eye). The valuation on my tennis bracelet states H-I colour, SI1-SI2-I1 clarity. The Riviera necklace is G-H colour, SI2 clarity.

My bracelet is 18K white gold and the necklace is 14K white gold, which is not as bright and quite a bit darker in colour.

I am quite sure you will not be disappointed if you decide to purchase from DeeJay, I’m very happy with mine. Best of luck.
Would you say that the necklace is eye clean?

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
Yes. I would say the stones are eye clean. No milky or cloudy diamonds and it has a lovely sparkle. The pics I posted are not great photographs but I only used my iPad.

Some of the diamonds have a little warmth to them (possible high I colour? but I am by no means an expert), but that does not take away from the necklace. It has a lovely presence.

The necklace is by no means a ‘museum‘ piece, but for the - very reasonable - price I paid, I am very happy.

Hope this helps.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hello @seafoam did you get to send your necklace to be independently appraised? I’d love to hear what another trained eye thinks of deejay necklaces before making a purchase. I too live outside the USA and wouldn’t be able to return the necklace if I’m not happy.

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
Hello @seafoam did you get to send your necklace to be independently appraised? I’d love to hear what another trained eye thinks of deejay necklaces before making a purchase. I too live outside the USA and wouldn’t be able to return the necklace if I’m not happy.

Hi RosieR, no I haven’t as yet.

We (Sydney, Aus) went back into lockdown one week after I received it so everything is closed for the foreseeable future.

For the price I paid I am very happy with my purchase as is another buyer from Australia (Bron357….see above). Jewellry prices here are ridiculous.

I was pleased to come across this thread and to find another Aussie that had purchased from DeeJay. That‘s what pushed me into making the decision to purchase and I’m so happy I did.

I’ll post some closeup pics of the larger front stones. Not great quality as taken with my iPad 6B7D4D98-D714-4564-AFF6-28ED620AEC6C.jpeg 8430F525-4AE0-407D-A837-0512058D6640.jpeg 69E6C3AB-DBE6-4708-9579-BFB19FED4D10.jpeg …best of luck.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi RosieR, no I haven’t as yet.

We (Sydney, Aus) went back into lockdown one week after I received it so everything is closed for the foreseeable future.

For the price I paid I am very happy with my purchase as is another buyer from Australia (Bron357….see above). Jewellry prices here are ridiculous.

I was pleased to come across this thread and to find another Aussie that had purchased from DeeJay. That‘s what pushed me into making the decision to purchase and I’m so happy I did.

I’ll post some closeup pics of the larger front stones. Not great quality as taken with my iPad 6B7D4D98-D714-4564-AFF6-28ED620AEC6C.jpeg 8430F525-4AE0-407D-A837-0512058D6640.jpeg 69E6C3AB-DBE6-4708-9579-BFB19FED4D10.jpeg …best of luck.

My goodness it’s stunning thanks for the extra pics. I was just worried about the colour as it’s not stated on the ebay shop.
Sorry you have gone back into lockdown, but at least you can look glamorous whilst staying safe at home.

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
My goodness it’s stunning thanks for the extra pics. I was just worried about the colour as it’s not stated on the ebay shop.
Sorry you have gone back into lockdown, but at least you can look glamorous whilst staying safe at home.
That’s ok. Yes, it is quite lovely. My SO and the fur kids don’t seem to appreciate its loveliness, sadly!

If you scroll down to the description there should be a detailed explanation listing everything you need to know about the item you are interested in.

From what I found (and I looked at a lot!) most of DeeJays tennis/riviera necklaces were listed as G-H/SI2.

Unfortunately, another four weeks of lockdown announced today. Life has changed so much for my SO and I. We have been stood down from our jobs since March last year (we’re both flight attendants - long haul)….it’s time to kick this darn COVID out of our lives for good!

Stay safe.

chipahoy

Rough_Rock
Am I happy that I found this tennis necklace thread!! Hi all! :) I'm also looking to purchase my 2nd tennis necklace. My first one is a 3cts in 16 inches. it is looking a bit too dainty for me - I'm5ft6, Size UK14! So not sure how big I should go to achieve the casual everyday sparkling tennis necklace look? maybe a 5 carats necklace? What do you guys think?

also!! I stumbled upon this Etsy seller who seems to have mixed reviews - I'm wondering if anyone has experience working with them before? I would love to hear it! The store is called HandMadeJewelerz and they are based in New York.

Has anyone worked with Capucelli before as well? What's the quality of their diamonds like?

Any advices would be appreciated! Thank you very much for reading my post :kiss2:

chipahoy

Rough_Rock
Hi! Would anyone care to chime in?

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
@chipahoy I'm the same height and size as you and to me 5ct would still feel dainty. Maybe closer to 10ct. I can't comment on the vendor you spoke of but Deejay on ebay seems the way to go.

chipahoy

Rough_Rock
Thanks Maryjane! Do you not feel that 10cts can look a tad dressy? do you have a photo as an example? :)

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
I cannot comment on the other vendor either, but I purchased mine from DeeJay and am very happy with it. Possibly a tad OTT for daily wear…. though never say never!

if you’re going for a tennis necklace as opposed to a riviera style (graduated) I don’t think 10ctw would look too dressy for everyday wear.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Maryjane! Do you not feel that 10cts can look a tad dressy? do you have a photo as an example? :)

This is the Deejay 8.6 carat graduated versus a 7 carat tennis (all one size). I loved the 8.6 carat for everyday. For reference, I’m 5’5”.

71E26F0D-7824-472A-BAEB-F400C8D616A4.jpeg 1CB5F979-CB34-444A-BF94-CE1965E9D871.jpeg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Am I happy that I found this tennis necklace thread!! Hi all! :) I'm also looking to purchase my 2nd tennis necklace. My first one is a 3cts in 16 inches. it is looking a bit too dainty for me - I'm5ft6, Size UK14! So not sure how big I should go to achieve the casual everyday sparkling tennis necklace look? maybe a 5 carats necklace? What do you guys think?

also!! I stumbled upon this Etsy seller who seems to have mixed reviews - I'm wondering if anyone has experience working with them before? I would love to hear it! The store is called HandMadeJewelerz and they are based in New York.

Has anyone worked with Capucelli before as well? What's the quality of their diamonds like?

Any advices would be appreciated! Thank you very much for reading my post :kiss2:

Hello I’m currently dreaming of a tennis necklace but my bling budget has gone on a new kitchen. I’m hoping to get the same look you speak of when I’ve replenished the coffers (dainty but noticeable) and think 8-10 carats would be best. I’ve tried on a few but biased this on photos from Stephanie Gottleib’s website E9F669C8-B174-47D2-90D1-2BA3D3B2935F.png

I personally think a non graduated necklace looks more casual and than the classic graduated riviera style.

I have no experience with the company you mentioned. Good luck on your search. Please come back and show us pictures when it arrives.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
This is the Deejay 8.6 carat graduated versus a 7 carat tennis (all one size). I loved the 8.6 carat for everyday. For reference, I’m 5’5”.

71E26F0D-7824-472A-BAEB-F400C8D616A4.jpeg 1CB5F979-CB34-444A-BF94-CE1965E9D871.jpeg

I love the graduated style so much!! And it looks the perfect size and length! :kiss2::kiss2: This will be on my wishlist one day!!

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
I think both look stunning, it all depends on the look you’re after…...not to mention lulu_ma’s beautiful skin :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results