shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond studs

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oh how exciting! I was also perusing the sale and wanted to get some studs! When do you get them! :appl:

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
YayTacori said:
Oh how exciting! I was also perusing the sale and wanted to get some studs! When do you get them! :appl:
I picked 2 day shipping and it's just a stock setting, so hopefully sometime this coming week! I've been wanting a pair of studs for awhile and I was hoping to catch a post-thanksgiving sale of some sort :) I'll post pics when I get them!
monidda said:
Well done, I need a pair myself
04diamond<3 said:
Yay!!! Can't wait to see them! Congrats on the new studs!!!
two_little_birds said:
Can't wait to see them on you! :)) Lucky girl!
Thanks, I'm super excited!!
Rhea said:
Does the colour that you see bother you or can you just see it? I have low colour old cut diamonds and can see the colour too, but it doesn't annoy me, especially on my ears!
I think it's that the diamond looks slightly darker than the melee in some lighting, so it's more that I can see color, not the actual color (which is a really faint taupe color). I went with I color studs, so I don't think those will bother me. I do love my OEC-the faceting, the pretty colors it sends off in the sun, but if I had my druthers, I'd like more colorless diamonds for future projects!

Last but not least: lizzyann, stargurl78, Loves Vintage, DiamondSeeker2006, MC, distracts, milton333, Enerchi, bastetcat, ponder, - Thank you so much for all of your advice and links to your earrings and others' earrings. Everything you all have said has been really helpful and I truly appreciate it. I think the 3-prong martinis will be a nice look and let the great diamonds stand alone. I do plan to upgrade to larger stones when it makes sense financially, so I think sticking to a simple, inexpensive setting is a good idea on that front as well (I hadn't thought of this, so thanks again!). I'll post pics, hopefully later this week!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there! Congrats on your new BGD studs! I, too, chose the stock 3 prong martini settings for my 1st pair of studs so I think you will love them also!

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
mom2boys said:
Hi there! Congrats on your new BGD studs! I, too, chose the stock 3 prong martini settings for my 1st pair of studs so I think you will love them also!
I absolutely LOVE your current studs. They're amazing and gorgeous! Aspirational piece for me, for sure :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
alisonia333|1353722304|3313732 said:
Thanks everyone for your help! I pulled the trigger on the 0.64 ctw BGD stones in a 3 prong martini WG setting, which was free with the $175 off promo. I love the 8 prong look, but on a smaller stone I think the prongs might be a little overwhelming. I also like the diamond floating on the ear appearance a 3 prong martini gives, and last but not least, the price was right. I also got the 10% off the stones, so I saved about $240 total and came in DUN DUN DUN DUHHHHH: 8 bucks under budget! I'm SUPER excited for my first pair of diamond studs. I'm only 27, so I have plenty of time for upgrades, and I'll post pics when I get them in a few days. :appl:

WOO HOO!!! What a super shopper you are - congratulations and I'm sure you will love love love the studs when they arrive! Even before upgrading, when you decide you want a larger look, you could also add the IDJ jackets that are so super popular and that gives a huge visual impact! That's how I seem to be wearing mine all the time now :bigsmile:

Excited to see the upcoming glam shots and then your ear shots!

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi|1353859682|3315045 said:
alisonia333|1353722304|3313732 said:
Thanks everyone for your help! I pulled the trigger on the 0.64 ctw BGD stones in a 3 prong martini WG setting, which was free with the $175 off promo. I love the 8 prong look, but on a smaller stone I think the prongs might be a little overwhelming. I also like the diamond floating on the ear appearance a 3 prong martini gives, and last but not least, the price was right. I also got the 10% off the stones, so I saved about $240 total and came in DUN DUN DUN DUHHHHH: 8 bucks under budget! I'm SUPER excited for my first pair of diamond studs. I'm only 27, so I have plenty of time for upgrades, and I'll post pics when I get them in a few days. :appl:

WOO HOO!!! What a super shopper you are - congratulations and I'm sure you will love love love the studs when they arrive! Even before upgrading, when you decide you want a larger look, you could also add the IDJ jackets that are so super popular and that gives a huge visual impact! That's how I seem to be wearing mine all the time now :bigsmile:

Excited to see the upcoming glam shots and then your ear shots!

Thanks Enerchi!! I have a halo ering, and I love that look, so jackets are definitely on my radar :naughty: I emailed Lesley yesterday with two questions and she already responded (on a Sunday!). She said they may be able to do little claw prongs for me, but that the prongs are really tiny so she wasn't 100% on that and that they got TONS of stud orders and they will be setting all week and send my glamor shots as soon as they're ready :love: I'm glad everyone shares my excitement, it makes it really fun! And last but not least, off topic: I LOVE your OEC in its gorgeous new setting, I'm not sure if I commented on your post, but I certainly followed the whole story and it's just so gorgeous. Take care :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
^^^^

Awe, that is so sweet of you, Alisonia! Thank you! It was a very exciting journey - purchase/rebate/setting selections in NYC - and I am thrilled with it! Thank you so much :halo:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They will be very pretty. I can't wait to see them.

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
Should get my new studs on Wednesday, maybe Thursday, so I will make a new post in smtb then, but I just got my glamour shots and had to post them somewhere! I asked them to do claw prongs, and Lesley said that they would do their best because they're very delicate prongs on that setting size and I got the claws!! Excited!! :appl: :appl:

3298_briangavin_martiniaharris1b_120312.jpg

4559_briangavin_martiniaharris2_120312.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results