shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond shape for solitaire necklace?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kayla the pendant looks much bigger than a .65c! That is what I like about the visual aspect of a bezel, and yours is nice and thin!
1.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
AnA,

The pendant is 2.5cm white gold bar with a very thin bezel set on the 1.24 rb diamond. The diamond isn't a great cut, (DH bought it before we we well informed), but the picture doesn't do it justice. The pendant really hangs well and the bar makes it show off great against either clothes or my skin.

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
I am in love with that 3 pear pendant! Wedding present?
love.gif

I also have to vote for the pear for a solitaire necklace. I am a fancy diamond lover so the RBs don't do it for me - other than as sidestones.
I also agree that a pendant has to be substantial enough to "show" and I think the size depends on the size of the person.
I am tall with a long thin neck and wide shoulders. Anything smaller than a 1ct. would look like a speck on me. But my 5 ft teeny friend could wear a .50 ct. and it would look huge.
Just something to consider.
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kayla,

Your poor hand AND ring! lol Glad you didn't lose your diamond, though, and found a new home for it. Your necklace is gorgeous and looks really good on you. I'm still not sure about that setting for my loose diamond. I tried it on at Tiffany's and it fits my build and neckline nicely, BUT my earrings are a basket setting so I'm not yet sure if they would mix well as two different settings. . .decisions, decisions. lol

That pear pendant IS yummy!!! hehehe. . .it prompted me to check prices on pear cut diamonds here on pricescope (not that I have any money for one right now, but still, it's fun to plan ahead
1.gif

Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results