shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Segoma Image Opinion 1.05ct

Tsuska

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

Thx for everyone's help with the diamond picking so far. This is the same diamond I mentioned in my other thread and the supplier has sent me this Segoma image (The GIA report is attached for the specs). What is everyone's thoughts (they did not send me an ASET/IS etc.)

Is it worth searching for some other diamonds?

http://segoma.com/v.php?tpl=0&type=view&id=I43GUYM8YY

Thanks

Tsuska

Rough_Rock
Thx. I was a little concerned about the table being 58% and not so sure about the symmetry not being perfect but i guess that's okay?

seekingshiny

Rough_Rock
It's not perfectly symmetric but it looks okay, it looks like it should be a decent performer, however the real test is light performance; did you have any luck inquiring about getting an Idealscope/ASET shipped to you? Were you able to see this one in person?

Tsuska

Rough_Rock
Nah not yet. (Apparently some of the diamond sellers have one but it seems this one doesn't) The diamond has to be shipped in (from Bombay for some reason) before I can look at it. I do have a choice to return it if it doesn't look good in person when it arrives though.

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Tsuska said:
Nah not yet. (Apparently some of the diamond sellers have one but it seems this one doesn't) The diamond has to be shipped in (from Bombay for some reason) before I can look at it. I do have a choice to return it if it doesn't look good in person when it arrives though.
A huge percentage of world's diamond supply is located in India.

India has the highest number of DTC sight holders. And biggest of them are located in India.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

seekingshiny

Rough_Rock
Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason to use this seller who won't be able to get you an ASET now that your fiance isn't set on Cartier? Just wondering, because if I was in your situation I would either go with a seller who could give me the information I wanted or I would purchase an Idealscope and ASET set myself so that I could arm myself with the best information before I plunk down a big wad of cash.

Tsuska

Rough_Rock
seekingshiny|1464481695|4037521 said:
Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason to use this seller who won't be able to get you an ASET now that your fiance isn't set on Cartier? Just wondering, because if I was in your situation I would either go with a seller who could give me the information I wanted or I would purchase an Idealscope and ASET set myself so that I could arm myself with the best information before I plunk down a big wad of cash.

Hi seekingshiny,

He's my mother's friend and a jeweler who owns a business making custom handmade jewellery. He does not normally take on private clients but clients from retail jewellery shops. He personally does not deal much with diamonds (although he does hire a setter and a more experienced jeweler amongst other staff) so he doesn't know all too much about diamonds. Normally the jewellery shops supply him with the diamond and the design they want him to make. It sounds like he doesn't have an ASET scope/IS but he asks the diamond dealers to send me ASET/IS images if available.

He's just sent his setter to Hong Kong so while he's there he's gonna look at a few more diamond dealers and diamonds and send me whatever images he can get his hands on it I think. I'll let you know if I get some ASET/IS images. (finger's crossed)

On the other hand my distant uncle who used to be in the jewellery business introduced me to another jeweler who sent me this diamond attached below (I noticed the ASET image could be better...it's definitely not ideal)What do you guys think?
b_3.jpg

seekingshiny

Rough_Rock
This one looks better. Plugging into the HCA scores a 1.7, although agree that the ASET shows more reflected light. The parameters all fit into what would stay in ideal cut territory with a GIA excellent cut stone. Have you seen this one in person?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results