shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond search

Jpsm3

Rough_Rock
I have been searching and learning about diamonds for a couple weeks now. I stumbled upon this site and it has been very informative. I feel like I'm close to picking a diamond out but just can't put all this info together to be confident about my purchase. I have all he recommended percentages and angles I guess clarity is where I am having the most problems. One question I have is as long as m stone falls into all the proper parameters for cut "pav angle, table etc" I shouldn't have to worry about it? I look at diamond plots and not sure what to avoid? I was told no feathers by a friend they are cracks but I read feathers can be ok. http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3653202.htm I though this was a good diamond am I on the right track. I'm looking to spend 4-4500 ideal cut vs2-vs1 not sure how to pick a good si1 it seems to stressful. I'm thinking no lower than h color .80 carat range. I would appreciate some advice or guidance on this.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are definitely on the right track. That WF ACA is a great choice.

And, while feathers are technically cracks, if you are going with a super-ideal cut diamond like the WhiteFlash A Cut Above (or a similar quality of signature diamond line by other vendors), the diamonds have been closely scrutinized and examined to ensure they meet the stringent requirements of their branded super-ideal lines.

For example, here's a link to WF's specs & qualifications for its ACA line: http://www.whiteflash.com/a-cut-above-diamonds-specifications-and-qualifications/ "For perhaps even more obvious reasons, A CUT ABOVE® diamonds are carefully inspected for any clarity issues that would give rise to structural weakness. A diamond with a feather or other clarity feature that in our asseesment poses an elevated durability risk for mounting or wear will not be allowed in the brand."

I took a quick search and have another WF candidate for you http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3685695.htm# (while technically over $4500, it is less than the price of the WF ACA you linked to above).

And here's a Brian Gavin Diamond option, less than $4500 (wire price) - http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/d...2-round-diamond-ags-104087405075#!prettyPhoto

I did check SI1 diamonds at WF and BGD and didn't see any I liked better than the WF ACA you posted, and the 2 I linked to above. I also checked High Performance Diamonds but did not see any meeting your specs within budget.

It is often advantageous to buy the diamond and setting from the same vendor (saves on shipping, and since the diamond and the setting are from the same vendor, the diamond is insured during the setting process)... do you know what kind of setting you're looking for?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash ACAs are beautiful stones! They do a lot of the vetting/checking for you so it takes a lot of the guesswork out of
finding a stone that preforms well. Great choice! The Whiteflash people are really lovely too.

Jpsm3

Rough_Rock
Glad to know I'm on the right track definitely makes me feel better about forking over that kind of cash. What do you guys think is it better to wire the money and get a little savings or use credit card. I've heard pros and cons to both. i would prefer to buy the setting also from WF she likes the filigree vintage style single stone I really didn't see much on white flash that matched that. Not sure what direction to go with that yet. I'm definitely buying from WF from the beginning of this process they were my favorite dealer providing the most information on each diamond right up front.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jpsm3|1473267459|4074101 said:
Glad to know I'm on the right track definitely makes me feel better about forking over that kind of cash. What do you guys think is it better to wire the money and get a little savings or use credit card. I've heard pros and cons to both..
It appears that you get 3.0% discount with wire transfer.
So it depends on your credit card's reward program and any potential wire-transfer fee your bank charges.

I get anywhere from 1.5% to 3.0% back with my card. For building credit record and extra protection, it is a no brainer; credit card.
Some prefer wire transfer though..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results