shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Prices Forecast?

sparkle45

Shiny_Rock
I've looked at the chart here on Pricescope and it indicates mostly increasing prices for diamonds over the first quarter of 2016. But I'm also seeing articles like the one here http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-cut-diamond-prices-in-first-sale-of-the-year indicating that prices should start dropping.

Could anyone here give a little bit of an explanation as to what we should expect to happen with diamond prices over the next year? Also, are the trends with modern cuts and old cuts the same or are old cuts less affected by the fluctuating market because their demand is different?

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
I am currently trying to have a rough sourced so am curious to know as well.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My crystal ball say diamond prices are heading lower like most of the luxury goods.

Q

Queenie60

Dancing Fire|1467848180|4052291 said:
My crystal ball say diamond prices are heading lower like most of the luxury goods.

Oh - Good!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

sparkle45

Shiny_Rock
I'm a fan of your crystal ball! Anyone else have any input? I know we have lots of knowledgeable people here!! Although I guess many of them aren't going to want to go around forecasting that prices are going to drop, if they are.... :lol:

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
poshmommy|1467835814|4052189 said:
I am currently trying to have a rough sourced so am curious to know as well.
Why start with rough?

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
I want one of Victor's european rounds in a size larger than he likes to stock. The only way I can get one in this size from him (or GOG) is to have him source a rough in the size/color/clarity combo I want and start fresh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results