shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond missing one number from inscription

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
That's so kind thanks so much! It's hard to talk about prices because I'm finding the price where you're looking (loosegrowndiamond) and where I have to buy (diamondsfactory.co.uk) vary wildly. I'm willing to go up if you advise me to, but so far I've been looking at <£1000 pre tax (on the uk website), 1.2-1.3ct, D color (this matters to her).

When I was searching, I found it useful to check if it's available on the UK website first so I wouldn't waste time if it wasn't. Their availability seems to be 75% of what's listed on US sites, but what's so strange is that some stones are just +30% (20% VAT 10% "deal with it" fee), but a few are +80% or more. I assume this has to do with them having extra costs for some specific supplier or something, but long story short those are out too. Searching there is very easy, just pick any ring then "choose specific diamond", you can copy paste the certificate number in the search box then.

Can I buy you a beer? :cool2:

I found some potential candidates, but I still think that LG605329028 is worth asking them to bring in due to the fiery proportions and angles.

halu

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately I can't ask them to bring anything in, it's all online and they ship the ring already assembled. Once delivered, I have 30 days to return it if I'm unhappy with it for any reason but that's it

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately I can't ask them to bring anything in, it's all online and they ship the ring already assembled. Once delivered, I have 30 days to return it if I'm unhappy with it for any reason but that's it

Understandable...and that usually the case with many online jewelers.
If it were me, I'd probably take a shot at LG605329028 since I'm quite confident with it, but you hold the wallet for this purchase. :)

halu

Rough_Rock
Understandable...and that usually the case with many online jewelers.
If it were me, I'd probably take a shot at LG605329028 since I'm quite confident with it, but you hold the wallet for this purchase. :)

I'm surprised you like this over LG602361681, aren't they equally good proportion wise? If all else is equal shouldn't I pick the one that looks best on the video?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I'm surprised you like this over LG602361681, aren't they equally good proportion wise? If all else is equal shouldn't I pick the one that looks best on the video?

I like the slightly tighter table and taller crown of diamond LG605329028, but either would be "taking a chance" since both are slightly tilted in their respective videos, making accurate assessments a little challenging.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
@halu, how soon do you need the ring? If you get it and don’t like it, do you have time to search again?

@DejaWiz is def right about that juicy crown height of 15.5. However, the tilt on that video is a bummer.

@DejaWiz, is there anything on particular you’re iffy about in the -1681 stone?

halu

Rough_Rock
I found some potential candidates, but I still think that LG605329028 is worth asking them to bring in due to the fiery proportions and angles.

Can you share the other candidates you mentioned here if you still have them at hand? As much as you're convincing me about finding a 55% table 15.5% crown, I'm a bit put off by the video on that one, it's not even just the tilt, the lighting they used is a bit dark and I can't really judge what the diamond would actually look like as much as with others. To add to that, it's oddly cheap, and all the stones I've seen at that price had one thing or another wrong with them, so it makes me think that the twist is real and not just an artifact of the camera angle :(sad

@halu, how soon do you need the ring? If you get it and don’t like it, do you have time to search again?

@DejaWiz is def right about that juicy crown height of 15.5. However, the tilt on that video is a bummer.

@DejaWiz, is there anything on particular you’re iffy about in the -1681 stone?

I have no urgency on the ring, I've already proposed and she's already accepted =)2 If I got the ring and didn't like it I could indeed search again, though I can't imagine she'd want to do that unless something was very off about it. She already thinks I'm way overthinking my stone search :lol:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here's my 0.76 that shows quite a bit of tilt in the 360 video:

And here is the thread with videos and ASET (in post #7):

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
halu here are the others that I found.
Some may be the same as posted earlier...I didn't check to see if I'm duplicating anyone else's recommendations or some of the diamonds that you were inquiring about.
I have *not* checked the other sellers for lower prices, so you'll need to do that for any that stick out to you in hopes of getting a price match.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Another option that will GUARANTEE a great diamond:
Contact Jon (Rhino) at Distinctive Gem...he can make the setting, find a diamond, then give it a full assessment with ASET, 3D scan, etc.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I love the Jonathan idea (having worked with him), but @halu has to purchase through his ring setter.

halu

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all those options @DejaWiz, all but the last are available on my store :kiss2:

if @Rhino can make the ring to look like this and ship it to the UK for a price that isn't significantly more expensive than what that website charges I'd be more than happy to work him. Does he have a website?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all those options @DejaWiz, all but the last are available on my store :kiss2:

if @Rhino can make the ring to look like this and ship it to the UK for a price that isn't significantly more expensive than what that website charges I'd be more than happy to work him. Does he have a website?

Yes, he sure does...ask about options within his newer "Steal of The Day" program.
Distinctive Gem

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
And even if Jonathan can't make the ring, surely David Klass can. I worked with Jonathan for my studs, and it's great having all the printouts and images and stats!

halu

Rough_Rock
I ended up requesting LG602361681. I was between this and LG605329028, that @DejaWiz suggested, but had to go with my heart despite it being 30% more expensive. Sorry for wasting your time @DejaWiz :(sad

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I ended up requesting LG602361681. I was between this and LG605329028, that @DejaWiz suggested, but had to go with my heart despite it being 30% more expensive. Sorry for wasting your time @DejaWiz :(sad

Totally not a waste of time because the end result is that you're going to get a phenomenal diamond!

Here's the 360 video for your new diamond:

Here's the link to the grading report (you can also download a high-res PDF of it to keep with you on your phone, tablet, laptop, etc):

halu

Rough_Rock
I purchased HCA keys to verify this diamond, though I'm starting to realise the scores on stonealgo are basically the same. In any case, there's 4 uses left. If anyone who helped me here wants them, DM me for the key!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I purchased HCA keys to verify this diamond, though I'm starting to realise the scores on stonealgo are basically the same. In any case, there's 4 uses left. If anyone who helped me here wants them, DM me for the key!

Keep them...ya never know if you want to end up getting a couple more diamonds for earrings or whatnot.

halu

Rough_Rock
If anyone is curious

1705957672457.png

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Keep them...ya never know if you want to end up getting a couple more diamonds for earrings or whatnot.

@halu Or you may decide to make a ring for yourself! That would be super fun!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Please keep us posted! And we love photos! :)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the one you requested. Looking forward to hearing what you think after it arrives!

halu

Rough_Rock
@DejaWiz @0515vision @Kim N

Well guys it's here, she's over the moon. It really does sparkle a crazy amount, it was rainy when these pics were taken but this morning the sun was shining and it's even better. Thank you all for bearing with me through this search :)

I'm a bit annoyed that the prongs seem to be tilted, instead of 12,3,6,9 o'clock, they're like 11:30,3,6:30,9. I might ask the shop to fix this as we need to send it for resizing anyway. The stone itself is perfect though

VID20240209225809~2.gif

Attachments

• IMG_20240210_172418.jpg
    IMG_20240210_172418.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG20240210172046.jpg
    IMG20240210172046.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240210_172210.jpg
    IMG_20240210_172210.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 6

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!! That’s a crazy amount of sparkle!

And yes, the prongs do seem a little “off the hours.”

Congratulations!!! Many happy years!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results