shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond E vs. F? Is that a big differences?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lexislexis|1307555241|2940849 said:
Yes, Luckycharms i did fell into their "tricks". So with lots of PSers are saying here, i don't think i will get it from my friend's uncle first i want some privacy, and second i don't need him telling me what is the best and what is not. I'm definitely not rich like them, i am so sure i wouldn't have the money to get a D/E, IF in my life as i rather spend on some other stuffs. I need to balance everything out. Not just on one diamond that will totally bankrupt me out.

Now i think i need to do more research on cuts and about light return. It is definitely a pain to read so many words in something doesn't seems english to me :lol:

And yes, some cultures are really love to show off without a proper education and acknowledge imo.
in case you change your mind.. ;))

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104044686014

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1307590502|2941326 said:
Yes, Luckycharms i did fell into their "tricks". So with lots of PSers are saying here, i don't think i will get it from my friend's uncle first i want some privacy, and second i don't need him telling me what is the best and what is not. I'm definitely not rich like them, i am so sure i wouldn't have the money to get a D/E, IF in my life as i rather spend on some other stuffs. I need to balance everything out. Not just on one diamond that will totally bankrupt me out.

Now i think i need to do more research on cuts and about light return. It is definitely a pain to read so many words in something doesn't seems english to me :lol:

And yes, some cultures are really love to show off without a proper education and acknowledge imo.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104044686014

Holy Crap. FORTY TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS. OMG.

Wow. Um.... Just thinking what I could buy for that money.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1307592019|2941344 said:

Holy Crap. FORTY TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS. OMG.

Wow. Um.... Just thinking what I could buy for that money.
don't forget the wire & PS discount.. ;)) anyhoo,in 1980 a 1ct D IF was like $55K?... :read: and probably not as well cut.

a double triple 0 stone :!: ... :love:

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
I am asian, and live in such a culture as well. After a point, I reached a few realities about diamonds that I personally found depressing.

1) Less than 1% of anybody knew much about the relative importance of cut to colour and ct weight, and were spewing letters and numbers more in an attempt to be one up on the joneses as it were, or to explain how good a deal they were getting and how much money they were saving (this is inadvertantly where they would let slip how much the rock cost)

2) Ct weight is king, even if it looks grubby or gaudy on little hands. Some asian ladies have really tiny tiny slender fingers. 0.5ct looks huge. It is all relative.

3) After ct weight, the most important is colour grade, then clarity in popular speak. Which is silly, as has been mentioned more than a few times on this thread. Most people can't grade colour without the master set to reference, and nobody walks around with a loupe in their eye and even then, most wouldn't be able to tell vvs1/2 apart even if they did.

4) Nobody talks about cut, although it is really the single most beautiful enhancer for a colourless

So i can offer one bit of advice.

Buy a fancy coloured diamond. That way, you can SEE the value in terms of Size for (ct weight), and Colour (intense or vivid etc), and nobody talks about cut quality, and eye clean gems are already just about perfect so no squabbling over VS1, VVS2, VVS1 etc.

Then when your B**** friend talks about her colourless stones, send her the link to "Have you ever tried to sell a diamond" and just smile and show her your fancy.

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
Well if you would like to know my personal experience...

I've got a pair of F VVS2 earrings (set high in 4 prong settings) and a D VS2 solitaire (in a low 6-prong Tiffany ring) for my engagement ring. All are about the same size (.30ct, .32ct, .33ct). Looking at the diamonds together, I can't tell their difference. To me I feel that I can "see through" the VVS2 earrings more but that could be a trick of the mind because I know they are higher clarity, or the fact that the setting allows more light in.

Colour: I can't tell the difference in colour. At all.

Brilliance: I feel that when I move the earrings around and move my solitaire around, the solitaire sparkles more. There is just something I *like more* about my D VS2 that I can't put my finger on. It seems more "cold".

Cut etc: this is an interesting one. My Tiffany is EX/EX/EX no fluorescence. ONE of my earrings is "Very good" cut! and Light Blue Fluorescence! Whilst the other is EX/EX/EX! Can I tell he difference between each earring? Nope!! Makes me wonder why cut is so highly honoured!

But the D VS2 EX/EX/EX still has something about it that I can't put my finger on, that is "better".

I think that the specs that you are looking at are more than fine. Your friend's uncle just sounds set in his ways. I don't much like salespeople that push their ideas on you. If you think you are strong enough to go to him and tell him what you want and not accept anything different, and that you will be able to get a quote and shop around elsewhere too, fine. If you think you will go to him and he will push you around and you will let him, don't. Don't worry about people's opinions or people knowing what specifications you purchased - you shouldn't let other people's social opinions influence your decision.

lexislexis

Rough_Rock
hoofbeats95|1307554875|2940842 said:
I haven't read every reply. Maybe someone posted this, but this should help:
http://www.vimeo.com/3288695

I have an F stone. It's my second F stone. I am color sensitive, but in NO way is there yellow in this stone. That's a load of crap. Keep in mind that diamonds reflect what is around them. So if you are in a room with yellow, beige, off white walls then it may look yellow. so do keep that in mind.

Secondly as you see in the video, color is graded from the bottom. That shows the true color of the stone. The cut does make a difference and that's why they aren't graded from the top. At least that's my understanding. You want to judge the body color.

Good luck! I don't think you need an E. Heck on here, most people think you don't even need an F. But I'm color sensitive. *shrug*

Thanks for the video link, hoofbeats!~

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

wreckem

Rough_Rock
canuk-gal|1307630615|2941627 said:
lexislexis|1307628628|2941603 said:

Oh my freaky gosh. 42K, THE "perfect" stone. :lol:

Ohhhh, I ve been eyeing this stone.....when it was 30K....not that long ago! Oh well....

Whiteflash has a 2.1ct D IF. Its only $130k right now, which isn't to bad as I believe it started out at $125k at the end of April or beginning of May.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results