shape
carat
color
clarity

Desperately Seeking Spinel!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Sorry - I was MIA, LOL.
Date: 9/15/2008 4:26:23 PM
Author: misspinky

Date: 9/15/2008 4:15:13 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Does this link help misspinky?

(I went looking too and felt like a doofus for not being able to find it for about 20 minutes!)

That''s perfect! Thanks!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 9:11:28 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
WHOA!!!!!! I started replying without scrolling down!!!!!
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

Holy Schnikies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Barry Bridgestock does it again, girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOO impressed! Congrats, it's just awesome!!!!!!!!! You sooooo need to take some outside pics when you get a chance!!!!!!
11.gif
30.gif
11.gif
30.gif
11.gif
30.gif
11.gif

OMG, I'm seriously over the moon about this spinel for you! Just . . . wow!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Does Barry have any new stock out there?
2.gif
Lauren covered it, LOL. YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!! I'm so glad you finally found your stone!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 12:13:22 AM
Linda I''m thinking maybe light-medium blue or white. I''m thinking that I might just go check out a local jeweler who carries the Varna setting (which is where I first saw it) and see what their price is on it.

EBree I''m thinking you may be right. Plus, it might make FF less nervous about picking out the stones. How hard can it be to pick out decent 2 2mm white sapphires?

LTP I''m glad Mandalay Bay met your seal of approval. Tell me, have you been to Mix (MB) or to Aquaknox (Venetian)? Those are my top two choices for ''reception'' sites based on looks alone (well I was really interested in going to Aquaknox when we were there the first time, but being that FF had just shelled out $120 each for us to go see Blue Man Group, I decided it was WAY too expensive), and Mix just looks really cool and sounds like it''s a pretty fantastic restaurant.

Barry''s email can be found at the bottom of this page: Linkity Link
He''s such a nice guy. He was hell bent on finding me the perfect stone. Between his recommendation on this one and FF liking it, I''m sure I''ll be thrilled when I finally get to see it. Really a great guy.
Thank you, my dear - Barry has been emailed! I have a broad range of what I''m looking for, so he can pretty much pick anything that will fit in my open settings and I''ll be happy.
3.gif

So, I saw Aquaknox when I as at The Venetian, and I can''t for the life of me remember what it looks like. I think it was pretty, and the location seemed good, but I just can''t manage to remember details about it. Sorry I''m not more help, there.

Mix, I haven''t been there in years, but for sheer convenience, I would choose a restaurant at MB, and it would be my top pick.
1.gif

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
W00t!! Freke, I''m so glad for you. Next stop, Vegas!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Hooraaaaaay Freke, what fabulous news! We should have known you were destined for a Barry Bridestock e-ring stone. It''s gorgeous. I hope you can figure out a way to make the dream setting a reality
21.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do you guys think? Platinum or white gold?

(I hate the idea of rhodium plating, but I hate the price of platinum. BAH!)

I''m thinking about just telling him to do a plain ol'' solitaire because he''s really freaked out about having to explain the setting I want to a jeweler...

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 8:08:47 PM

I'm thinking about just telling him to do a plain ol' solitaire because he's really freaked out about having to explain the setting I want to a jeweler...

Palladium. Best of both worlds.

Is it comfortable with working through an online vendor, like Whiteflash or Quest?

Also, has he seen the Varna setting? Because he could just bring the photo in without having to explain (too much).

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock

I''m thinking about just telling him to do a plain ol'' solitaire because he''s really freaked out about having to explain the setting I want to a jeweler...

My ering is white gold and isn''t rhodium plated. However it''s a different blend of white gold that has something in it to make it whiter....I can''t remember what it is though. Let me do some digging and I''ll see if I can find the explanation my jeweler gave me.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...Palladium. Interesting. Hadn''t given that much thought because of...well it doesn''t matter anymore. The main reason for the no platinum was the price of the stupid Krikawa band (wg is $840 and plat is $1,500)

HOLY $#!+!!!! Krikawa dropped the price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF?!

Anyway, the Krikawa band has been dropped. Period. I''ll get one when I win the lottery. (It''s a 2mm BAND with a tiny sapphire in it people! Even though it''s handmade it''s not worth that much $$$!!)

So that opens platinum up again. And the Varna replica in platinum would probably cost like...how much do you guys think?

I don''t know if any of the jewelers around here work with Palladium...guess maybe I should look into that?

And I think he would feel more comfortable working with people here in town. Perhaps I''ll ask him about that. Wouldn''t we have to get the stone appraised, ship it out and then back to the appraiser or something? I don''t know how that works.

I''ll have to print out some pictures of the Varna. Thanks EBree!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

I'm thinking about just telling him to do a plain ol' solitaire because he's really freaked out about having to explain the setting I want to a jeweler...
Neither. Palladium.
9.gif

If you can swing it, go with Platinum.

As for the setting - make sure you get what you want babe. Write it down for him if you have to.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 8:23:10 PM

So that opens platinum up again. And the Varna replica in platinum would probably cost like...how much do you guys think?

I don't know if any of the jewelers around here work with Palladium...guess maybe I should look into that?

And I think he would feel more comfortable working with people here in town. Perhaps I'll ask him about that. Wouldn't we have to get the stone appraised, ship it out and then back to the appraiser or something? I don't know how that works.

If you find a great jeweler who'll work in palladium, that's wonderful. I was recently shopping with a friend for an e-ring though, and every place we stopped in said they didn't work in palladium, so I don't know how many of the smaller guys use it.

As for the cost in platinum, it all depends. Whiteflash has a basic three-stone basket setting in platinum on their website for $1500, so that's what I'd budget, keeping in mind it could be less or quite a bit more.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Freke - why don''t you just have him email the pic to WF? I know they work in palladium, and I''m sure they could duplicate it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Top choice: platinum
Second: Palladium
Third: White Gold

I did write it down and draw out pictures too
3.gif
...I think he''s just nervous he''ll screw it up. I''m not sure what his time line is, or if I''d be getting a little bit too close to his territory with bugging him about it.

I should really check into the Palladium thing. If I got it somewhere else and then needed it to be worked on, I''d probably want someone local to check it out for me.

Hmmm....

Think I''d be overstepping my (FF''s) bounds to send it to WF? Have you guys worked with anyone who is really nice over there?

Thank you!!!!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 9:38:56 PM

I did write it down and draw out pictures too
3.gif
...I think he''s just nervous he''ll screw it up. I''m not sure what his time line is, or if I''d be getting a little bit too close to his territory with bugging him about it.

I should really check into the Palladium thing. If I got it somewhere else and then needed it to be worked on, I''d probably want someone local to check it out for me.

Hmmm....

Think I''d be overstepping my (FF''s) bounds to send it to WF? Have you guys worked with anyone who is really nice over there?

Thank you!!!!
Lesley and Vera walk on water in my book.....

Lesley takes the initial client contact. Once the project is ''nailed down'' she hands it to a project manager. I got Vera. LOVE HER.

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been talking with Jamie to get quotes - she''s pretty darned spectacular as well.
1.gif
It couldn''t hurt to get a quote, right?

And honestly - I wore my first setting for 3 years and never had to have it fussed with. If for some reason you needed something done, you could always toss it in the mail to WF.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I am very late to this thread, but congratulations Freke (on the upcoming and engagement) and finding such a stunning stone! I can''t wait to see the finished product!
36.gif
36.gif

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
yay yay yay yay!!! I''m doin'' a little happy dance for you!

I can''t wait to see how everything turns out - and what his plan is!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 9:46:16 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Date: 9/16/2008 9:38:56 PM

Hmmm....

Thank you!!!!
Lesley and Vera walk on water in my book.....

Lesley takes the initial client contact. Once the project is ''nailed down'' she hands it to a project manager. I got Vera. LOVE HER.

LS
Ditto to Lesley and Vera being awesome!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!!! I'm really excited about the stone and the setting, and I've picked up a horrible tendency of asking FF about the stone at least once a day, but I know he hasn't even looked at my settings sheet, so I shouldn't get my hopes up too soon.

But oh how it'd be amazing for him to propose in Vegas!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 2:32:20 AM
Thanks everyone!!! I''m really excited about the stone and the setting, and I''ve picked up a horrible tendency of asking FF about the stone at least once a day, but I know he hasn''t even looked at my settings sheet, so I shouldn''t get my hopes up too soon.

But oh how it''d be amazing for him to propose in Vegas!
YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be crossing every appendage I have that he''s just being as sneaky as possible!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Freke, hun - have a quick question for you. Did you ever take a look at Dan Stair''s .94 ct. blue spinel? I think I want it for my split shank round, but if you''ve had your eyes on it, I''d love to know your opinion?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been too busy to post lately on PS but wanted to say congrats on finding a perfect stone! Hooray! Can''t wait to see the final product.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Your stone is beautiful, Sounds like you have some good ideas for the ring. Is it going into hiding until your FF proposes, or are you admiring it loose?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
HOLY MAMA!!! That stone is TDF!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Bump! Any updates, Freke? Has he looked at your setting sheet yet?
31.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 10:25:28 PM
Author: EBree
Bump! Any updates, Freke? Has he looked at your setting sheet yet?
31.gif

Yeah! I''ve been crossing fingers and toes for him to get it done in time for Vegas. When are you guys going again?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I asked FF about what the depth of color is on the stones, and he said that depending on the lighting, it's (both the Dan stone and the Barry stone) between Camelot Blue and Navy Blue: Link

In other news, FF has figured out that I will not look in the drawer the stones are in--so he's going to put my Christmas presents in there.
20.gif

ETA: I've altered a setting that I found from ArtCarved in photoshop, putting the Barry stone in it, and I'm working on making it mine (it's hard to photoshop(create) metal from scratch almost)...

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Vera was amazingly nice to me, even when things weren''t getting done according to their timelines and I was getting really impatient. It wasn''t her fault they weren''t getting done, but she was the only one I was communicating with so she heard all of my complaints and still was sweet as could be!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results