carat
color
clarity

Dental Floss, cheaper and greener

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I try to find good prices on things.

Most floss containers have 55 or 100 yards, and are priced from 3 to 10 bucks.
When finished you have to throw away or recycle every plastic container.
That's not so green.

I found refill rolls of 200 yards for only $1.45 from a company that supplies dentists, that will sell to the public if you register and use a credit card.
Since shipping wasn't free I bought 15 rolls, for the same shipping cost as one roll.
This should last for years.
They also have waxed, and mint for a bit more $$$.

Then from the same vendor I added a $3.89 plastic dispenser that you buy only once, and refill when empty.
Greener. :mrgreen::clap:

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice work! :)

I'll have to see if I can find similar over this side of the pond - I feel like I'm always running out at just the wrong time, but then that's the same with staplers, in that you only use it when you need it, so it's always 'the wrong time' when it runs out... :lol: lol

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice work! :)

I'll have to see if I can find similar over this side of the pond - I feel like I'm always running out at just the wrong time, but then that's the same with staplers, in that you only use it when you need it, so it's always 'the wrong time' when it runs out... :lol: lol

Please share your findings. I like one particular brand of dental floss, and buy in bulk a few at a time as my local supermarket does not stock them.

DK :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At a half a yard a day it looks like you have enough for about 16 years???

Unfortunately, I have a small mouth and tend to like the dental floss pics. They fit in my mouth easier than my fingers. They are really wasteful though.
I'll have to give plain dental floss a try again.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At a half a yard a day it looks like you have enough for about 16 years???

But twice a day = 8 years.
Shared with my SO = 4 years.
But considering my life expectancy, may I should have bought enough for about 16 years.
Prices are not likely to fall by 2036. :twisted2:

When I find a great price on a non-perishable stuff, I love stocking up big time!
I buy $300 pair of identical socks when I see my favs on sale at JCPenny.
I buy only one style in black, and another in white.
Zillions of identical socks wearing out at the same time really simplifies my life.
I never can't find the match to a pair of unique socks.

I just bought enough Reverse Osmosis filter membranes to last 8 years.
But those took two weeks to find since GE Profile stopped making them and everyone was out of stock.
But then I was surprised by a spam email for them that turned out to be legit!
I hate supporting WalFart, but they just arrived. :dance:
If unable to find them I was faced with replacing my several-hundred dollar Reverse Ossmosis Water Filter. :cry2:

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
=)2 Kenny you must be such a fun person to know in 'real' life

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I buy my dental floss at Costco. The only floss I like is the Glide brand because I have very small gaps between my teeth.

I am a bit obsessed with flossing and floss at least twice a day. I hate the feeling of anything between my teeth! I can understand never wanting to run out of dental floss! When I get down to two things of dental floss left I buy a new Costco pack of it.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't be without my floss! I have floss in my purse at all times.
Like @aascherisme, I'm also a big fan of Glide.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buy my dental floss at Costco. The only floss I like is the Glide brand because I have very small gaps between my teeth.

I am a bit obsessed with flossing and floss at least twice a day. I hate the feeling of anything between my teeth! I can understand never wanting to run out of dental floss! When I get down to two things of dental floss left I buy a new Costco pack of it.

Years ago I worked with a guy who never even brushed his teeth. Never
You could smell it from across the room. :sick:
Over the years many people tried to drop the hint, but it fell on deaf ears.

He told us once he went to the dentist for a toothache, and they insisted on a full teeth cleaning first and that it took forever.
He said afterwords it was gross because it felt like there were spaces between his teeth. :eek-2::knockout: :wall:

No joke.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to work with a lady who had awful bad breath. When I saw her coming, I would run the other way.
One day she came to work with her hand cradling her jaw. She had finally gone to the dentist and found out that she had a rotten tooth!
After the tooth was pulled, she no longer had the bad breath. I finally had some real conversations with her after that!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you guys floss twice a day??? I'm impressed! Is this normal? I only floss once a day at bedtime. Occasionally in between
if I've eaten something that sticks in my teeth (TMI). I'm going to have to pick up my game!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results