shape
carat
color
clarity

*DECO*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Planning to "style" the dress a little like this ... Maybe my hair this way too ... might move the flower to my hair. Or birdcage veil?? Thoughts??

candyanthonydress.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh my! that lace is devine!! i can''t wait to see actual pics of the dress!! it''s going to be fab!! congrats on the new developments.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great. I love the way you want to style it, too. Hair up could be great, or partially up/down, or up off your face with a wide headband and then some height behind it and coming down into a flip. (I am thinking sort of Laura Petrie on the Dick Van Dyke show, I love the look of the hair swept off the face with a smooth wide band, and flipping down, but I do not know your hair length. I think it works with the overall retro look though!) Congrats and I cannot wait to see the photos!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it! Can''t wait to see it!

LOL...well, I just know your wedding date since we are on the same weekend. I may be in a worse boat if I can''t get into my dress. it fits fine except around the bust, and I am hoping it will fit in time. I have been losing about a pound a week, and I figure I have about 8 pounds to go...that''s cutting it awful close.

If it doesn''t fit, I''m screwed........................

E B

Ideal_Rock
From what I can see, it looks gorgeous! A birdcage veil might look good, but when I saw the dress, I immediately thought "bouffant". I just saw a knottie with a bouffant-y veil and I thought she looked fabulous. Definitely a more casual look, I think, but it could be great with a short dress.

Here's a somewhat decent example of what I'm talking about (but with less fluff than I imagined):

http://www.hatsandveils.net/veil_silveredgeflyaway.html

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Oh Deco, that dress looks gorgeous! The lace is so lovely--can''t wait to see it on you! I think the hair & flower like the 2nd photo you posted would look great. I also like diamondfan''s idea of the headband & flip hairstyle & EBree''s idea of a bouffant veil. (I''m no help, am I?) Hopefully you''ll be able to play around a bit with hair & veil styles when your dress arrives? I wonder if the birdcage veil would be too much pattern with a lace dress.

Congrats on finalizing your dress--that must be such a relief!
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2006 9:32:34 AM
Author: BrightSpot
I wonder if the birdcage veil would be too much pattern with a lace dress.

Good point! The reason I''m leaning away from a tulle veil is that my "wrap" bolero thingie might be tulle & I fear froth-overload!

Thanks for the votes of support, gang!

For someone who was dead-set against a white strapless gown, I find my choice hysterically ironic. It''s hard to tell but the lace is actually very cottony feeling & HEAVY ... kind of "casual" lace, if there is such a thing. And the pattern is so pretty - tried to blow up the detail but ... aigh, wish I had a better pix.

On the hair front: I''ve been growing it out but as the day nears, and having selected this dress, I''m seriously considering cutting it into an above shoulder-length bob (as in picture #2) OR and even shorter, just below chin length bob. Somehow that seems more "me" than long hair (about 3 inches below my shoulder now). Will wait until my first dress fitting to decide though ... just in case.

If my face wasn''t so full right now I would def consider the headband idea ... I love that look! One of my reasons for "the bob" is cheek/jowl coverage
3.gif
& hopeful refocusing on my longish neck.

lacedetailondecodress.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the headband hair idea and that gown is BEAUTIFUL! I think it''s going to look fab with a shrug. What color are you thinking for the shrug?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 10:57:57 PM
Author: Gypsy
Sizes are a pain the arse aren''t they? I want to go try that Jim Hjelm on and the lady said at the truck show the sizes are usually 6-4 BRIDAL. What the FRICK am I supposed to do with that? Put it on my niece''s barbie?

ABSOLUTELY ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2006 10:16:56 PM
Author: Gypsy
What color are you thinking for the shrug?

Still undecided, kinda seein what I find (and what shoes I end up with). My three fave ideas (in my head only) are

1) white semi-transparent tulle wrapped around shoulders & tops of arms, cinched at the small of my back with a brooch

2) smooth cashmere shrug (light grey? light pink? Sand color? Black might be too contrasty & make my already smaller top look way smaller than my bodacious bottom half)

3) jeans jacket for later in the night (as the Hoe-down part begins)

A sprinkling of beads on the sweater (vintage style) might be okay, but any kind of openwork pattern is going to be too busy with ALL THAT LACE.

Here''s one cashmere 3/4 length sleeve sweater I spied on sale at Ann Taylor ... whaddya think of it in silver?

silvershrug.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the dress and LOVE the thickness of the "lace" -- It''s really unique! People are probably going to be touching it non-stop after the ceremony.
jen

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOH LOVE LOVE LOVE THE DRESS!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
[not sure how I missed this update before!]

I think the idea of a jean jacket with that is SUPER CUTE!!! But if you want to go less casual, I think that shrug in silver would be great! Do they also have it in gold? I feel like that might look a little warmer, but if you'd rather stick with silver that would look great too! I also have a shrug (my one and only) that is a rich brown sweatery material that I love and I'm thinking a yummy brown might work well with your dress too?

SOOOOOOOOO excited you found a perfect dress though!!!!! I cannot WAIT to see better pics of it - but that lace looks GORGEOUS and so unique!!!!!

Okay in trying to find a picture of a brown shrug that was pretty, I came across this! It's in coral which may be a random color, but isn't it pretty? And it has the collar that sort of mimics your original shirt-dress idea! (ETA it's from bluefly, here)

coralshrug.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2006 11:57:01 AM
Author: albicocca
I came across this! It's in coral which may be a random color, but isn't it pretty? And it has the collar that sort of mimics your original shirt-dress idea

THAT IS SO FUNNY! I have that Bluefly shurg pix in lavender saved on my computer right now!! I was thinking the SAME THING .. a fold over collar like that WOULD mimic the shirtdress thing ... the trick is finding one in a smooth knit (in a different color -- I don't think coral or lavendar will do the trick in October with a red & white & choc brown themed wedding)

I also saved this pix ... (but fear it has too much texture, also not the right color & also sold out of larger sizes) aside from all that .. looks snuggly!
9.gif

ETA: I love the idea of choc. brown (if it doesn't end up looking too contrasty) ... light sand or tan or something similar to my reddish light brown hair color could be nice & natural looking -- not "A COLOR" .. hmmmmm.

autmncashmereshrug.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2006 12:12:36 PM
Author: decodelighted

I also saved this pix ... (but fear it has too much texture, also not the right color & also sold out of larger sizes) aside from all that .. looks snuggly!
9.gif
OOOOH I totally want to put that one on and hug myself! Looks soooooooo soft!

I''m gonna keep looking for you now...this is my new project for the day!
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2006 12:15:04 PM
I''m gonna keep looking for you now...this is my new project for the day!
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''ll probably be doing some shoe/shrug searches
1.gif
I should mention that the Ann Taylor silver shrug is in my size and it''s on sale for $59 (CASHMERE!) I''m tempted just to buy it as a safety & take it to the first fitting in Sept ... return if it doesn''t work or if I find something better.

Whaddya think??
23.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
1) Yeah, I''d buy it! You can totally find something else to wear it with if you don''t love it with the dress (or you can return it), so I think it would be smart to have a backup!

2) What about this? Not quite as cozy looking as the other one, but the color seems good? Found here

greyshrug.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Pretty similar but more taylored... From here

greyshrug2.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Okay this might be a bit much, but I''m totally feeling it at the moment.
5.gif
From here

browngoldshrug.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2006 12:21:15 PM
What about this? Not quite as cozy looking as the other one, but the color seems good? Found/shop.nordstrom.com/S/2898988?Category=&Search=True&SearchType=keywordsearch&keyword=shrug+in+All+Categories&origin=searchresults" target="_blank">
PRETTY! Sadly though I''ll need an XL in brands like that (Euro, cut very trim) ... or 16-18 ... or "1x".

Goals --

* arm covering (elbow or 3/4 length is ideal, cause it''ll show a little arm - the thinner part
3.gif
)
* balancing out the A line profile (emphasising my broad shoulders/long neck)

There''s also something about where that shrug hits in the back that might not be flattering for aisle walking ... it kind of pools on the butt. I''ll probably keep things waist height or shorter so my lace covered pattootie can roam free
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2006 12:41:19 PM
Author: mercoledi
Here are some shrug options:

Hi Mercoledi! You always have great idea! This chiffon one is so 1930''s .. I love it. Never pictured anythng quite like it ... it almost cape like .. nightgown like ... hmmmm!

chiffonbolero.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
And this one is cool too (and comes in XL!!) Might be dressier than the dress itself ... but the shape is a great example of how I''d try to make any tulle-or-satin-or-silk shawl/wrap dealie work....

cameltaffetanordstroms.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Deco! I adore that tafetta shrug, if it ever pops up in my color, it's mine. The shaping is just to perfect!
I also ran across this chocolate wool shrug which is close to what you asked for. This, however is a little more out there, they call it a red shrug. It might be too formal.

Good luck! It's all comming together!

p.s. I love your ring. I thought it was beautiful before you restyled it, and now it's unbelieveable.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2006 1:46:31 PM
Author: mercoledi
This, however is a little more out there, they call it a red shrug. It might be too formal.

OH WOW WOW WOW. My eyes popped out of my head! If it was Italy, or a church or almost anywhere but beside a barn in an apple orchard in the afternoon in October ... you could not KEEP me from this fabulousity!

I like the heathered choc brown Eileen Fisher shrug too - that's a def. possibility! (I have a TON of EF stuff in regular non-wedding land life)

p.s -- thanks for the e-ring shout out! I love yours too I just kinda ordered a band as described in this thread if ya wanna peek.
1.gif

redcapeneimans.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know we''re on shrug watch ... but while I was on Neimans ...

Is this not the SEXIEST SHOE EVER??? No, I''m not thinking of it w/ "the dress" .. but c''mon ... I almost fainted!

sexiestshoe.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
You mentioned denim earlier, which I thought sounded great for your wedding... this may not be what you had in mind, but I found a few...
hmmm, I''m not sure how to post more than one pic at a time, though, sorry...

-ladies shrug denim.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, this one''s a bit "out there" but what the heck
2.gif

ladies shrug weird.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
A tamer one...loved this chocolate color...

ladies shrug ann taylor.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
OK, last one!

Ladies__3_4_Sleeve_Shrug.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
OK, crap, *one* more... dunno how you feel about purple, and probably too dressy, but it *IS* unique...

purple velvet shrug.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results