shape
carat
color
clarity

*DECO*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t forgotten about your wedding dress dilemna. I read your threads last week... and it''s been at the back of my mind all week.

The only thing that seems to occur to me over and over is custom. Which isn''t a big help at all. You''ve got me totally stumped. I did like the BM two pieces folks posted... but you didn''t seem to fall for them, so they really aren''t an option. I want you to feel like well.. a barn wedding princess. And NOTHING is occuring to me. I went on the knot and looked about... and nada... looked at some designer websites... nothing there either.

Would love to be of help... but well... other than an idea of the feel of the wedding itself, an idea of fabrics... I don''t have a strong idea in my head to follow.

SORRY!
7.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Gypsy,

I actually emailed a company today to ask if they could make one of their existing dress types in a white eyelet fabric of my choosing ...

Here''s the dress JCROW, gotta love that girl, found for me at this gal''s profile on The Knot..

The guy I talked to on the phone said the line''s designer was "really into eyelet" right now so MAYBE!!! I wrote up my idea & sent a bunch of pix & am waiting to hear.

I''m 5''9 1/2 and a curvy size 18/20 ... so the dress would have to be lengthened a bit, but it would look similar on me as it looks on my fellow curvy sista here ...

dollfacedress.jpeg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s another view ... imagine in white eyelet with a black slip dress underneath

dollfacepix2.jpeg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Deco,

JCrew is coming out with a shirtdress (in their new Spring 2006 line). Let me see if I can find a picture.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s my eyelet shirtdress inspiration

korseyeletdress2.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here''s my Carolina dream dress that started this whole madness ..

shirtdress front2.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Here it is!

decojcrew.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure when it''ll be in stores, or how much it''ll cost, but JCrew''s dresses usually aren''t horribly expensive.

Alternate View:

decojcrew2.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did see two Carmela Sutera dresses I liked today online --- but couldn''t find prices, though I sense they are more than my budget ...
3.gif

Here''s the first ... can you tell I like wrap styles?

carmelasuterawrapdress.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 10:13:25 PM
Author: EBree
JCrew is coming out with a shirtdress (in their new Spring 2006 line). Let me see if I can find a picture.
I did check out there whole line, Ebree. Super yumminess - good for inspiration, but not purchase, as I think they go up to 14 or 16 ... and I''ll need 18-20-22 depending on the cut.

Darn child-birthing hips.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the other Carmela ... so: wraps, high collars - like ''em.

carmelasuteralacedress.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s another JCREW one I loved, color & everything ... would wear it with a lace shrug or a cropped openweave cardigan

But, not avail in my size, or in stores at all for awhile ...

jcrewblushdress.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The second Carmella you posted made my heart stop. WOW!
30.gif
You know I love alencon lace tops... oh my god.
39.gif
SOOOO expensive.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sizes are a pain the arse aren''t they? I want to go try that Jim Hjelm on and the lady said at the truck show the sizes are usually 6-4 BRIDAL. What the FRICK am I supposed to do with that? Put it on my niece''s barbie? I called them and they are specifially asking for a larger size for me to try on... not that it''s gonna fit, but at least I can get more than my arm in there.

ANYWAY... I digress. That''s the dress (the one you asked about) that I liked the best for practicallity... looks very well made... and it would look FABULOUS in eyelet with the black underneath. I would just ask to see what eyelet they pick to make sure it doesn''t come out too polka dottty. But for the time of year, the location and the budget it''s fabulous. You''re Sharon Stone ex-wife thingy will be forgotten.

Are you excited?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Bummer about JCrew. I think that shirtdress is lovely, though I like the first shirtdress you posted better (with the large eyelets).

I also *LOVE* the dress you posted at the beginning of the thread, from the girl with the 50s wedding theme. So, so cute. I love the idea of black peeking out underneath it, too.

*For both you and Gypsy*, I wasn't sure if you'd seen this top from Watters:

Watters Lace Top

I'm not even sure how much it is, but it could be paired with any kind of skirt, really.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that knee-length dress on The Knot girl is a KNOCKOUT!!! how elegant and retro-cool, especially with her little veil and high, high heels. The Carolina Hererra dress is divine too, of course!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ebree... I love that top... just not sure if it would emphasis or de-emphasize my fat arms. I''m a 12/14... but my arms are like a 40... and it''s all fat, baby. Been working out....but it''s slow going those puppies want to sagg like it''s nobodies business.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I am sure whatever you get will be perfect! I was actually looking for your old dress thread yesterday. My Aria dresses came in and they are so pretty! If JCROWs company doesnt work out, check back into them, I couldnt be more pleased with my girls dresses! Regardless, eyelet is the perfect idea for a wedding dress!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Hi, I mostly lurk here; I spend a lot of time on another board that has a lot of curvy women who love retro styles. They have a whole thread of stuff like what you've described but I can't find it right now! That Siri dress is great.
You originally wanted a shirtdress, right? You might also want to checkout Daddyo's www.daddyos.com or Trashy Diva:
http://www.trashydiva.com/site/indexSHOP.html

They have a newish bridal line and do cool stuff.
obi3dress1.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2006 1:27:58 AM
Author: msflutter
My Aria dresses came in and they are so pretty! If JCROWs company doesnt work out, check back into them, I couldnt be more pleased with my girls dresses!

Hey MsFlutter! Funnily enough the company I wrote to & that Jcrow recommended IS Aria!! I guess SOMETIMES they''ll use a customer''s fabric to make their line of dresses. Hope to hear something from them soon.... SO GLAD to hear your dresses are fab!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mercoledi & Gypsy!

I went to the retro sites and they are SO SO COOL. Love the shoes too, Gyp

I found I pair I was drooling over on Bluefly a few days ago but decided it was PLUMB CRAZY to get shoes BEFORE I get a dress. (and the shoes were $345
3.gif
-- expensive taste is such a curse!)

decodreamshoe.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Ebree ..

Here''s the pix. Yes, thanks! And they go up to my size which is AWESOME! Somehow this one looks a little more business-y than barn-wedding to me, maybe it''s the more tailored cut ... more haute, less hoe-down
3.gif

I''d love a cocktail dress like that though! And the choc. color is Yumsies!

Thanks for thinking of me!

ebreewatters.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Darn .. didn''t post ... try #2

ebreedresspix.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2006 11:40:43 PM
Author: decodelighted
Thanks Mercoledi & Gypsy!

I went to the retro sites and they are SO SO COOL. Love the shoes too, Gyp

I found I pair I was drooling over on Bluefly a few days ago but decided it was PLUMB CRAZY to get shoes BEFORE I get a dress. (and the shoes were $345
3.gif
-- expensive taste is such a curse!)

THOSE WERE THE ONES I WANTED!!!
9.gif

I already have my wedding shoes... but MAN those were tempting! They have them in WHITE and I thought...hmm. I could dye them to match my gown... then dye them black after the wedding. I LOVE those! I love CL generally with his satin shoes... but those! Oh baby!

Expensive taste is a curse.

ETA: OH! I love that dress. Drat! I wouldn't have enough time to order it before the party I have to go to at the end of the month! It would be perfect. In Fudge... or Slate Blue... or Ruby... or classic black.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/5/2006 8:58:11 AM
Author: lovelylulu
I found this online:

eyelet shirtdress
lulu, that is my RD dinner dress. I got it on sale at Macys. I LOVE it! A little see through but such a flattering dress!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I ran across this today:
SU06_A1547_F_10B.jpg

which looks an awful lot like your inspiration dress. I''m not sure it comes in your size, but it might be worth looking into. It was at Barrieplace.com, and they have a ton of shirtdresses in the clearance and outlet sections.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
*** DRESS SEARCH UPDATE ***

Mission accomplished. Had a sample of this dress sent to a bridal store near me ... checked it out, and since it was about 10 sizes too small, what I really mean is ... held it up to my curvy self & saw it modeled on the cute saleschick. GORGE. So I ordered it in my size, in white white, to arrive around Sept 15th ... considering my wedding is October 7th, NOT A MOMENT TOO SOON.

This is the only photo that exists of this dress online unfortunately ... but it''s a-line, tea-length, white white dress of gulpierre lace with a white crinoline peeking out underneath it''s uneven, trimmed around the lace pattern, hem.

I''m planning to style it kinda like the 2nd picture ... with a shrug or cardigan or tulle wrap or -- maybe even a denim jacket
31.gif
at least later on into the barn bbq reception.

Thanks to EVERYONE WHO POSTED IDEAS!!!!

The shoe/jewelry/wrap hunt continues ...
2.gif

p.s. -- I have TRAVELINGGAL almost entirely to thank for this new development, as she asked in a thread a couple days ago "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVEN''T GOTTEN A DRESS YET - do I have to remind you YOUR WEDDING IS IN TWO MONTHS GIRL!"
23.gif
3.gif
Nothing like a P-scope wake up call to get things movin in the right direction!
9.gif

decostheone.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results