shape
carat
color
clarity

*DECO*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Mmm...I vote for that scrumptious ann taylor shrug. It is gorgeous, streamlined, no bulk, just right!

I love the dress you ordered! How fun...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2006 3:46:38 PM
Author: wallermama
Mmm...I vote for that scrumptious ann taylor shrug. It is gorgeous, streamlined, no bulk, just right!

Silver or Chocolate ... Chocolate or Silver????? (mmm - makes me want a Hershey Kiss!)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2006 3:15:18 PM
Author: sk8rjen
You mentioned denim earlier, which I thought sounded great for your wedding... this may not be what you had in mind, but I found a few...
Sk*rjen .. those are such fun picks! That little denim one is hilarious (do you remember where you found it?) I like the fur collar one too (but agree it''s probably OOT). The Ann Taylor one is a front runner ... can''t decide between choc or silver .. but love that it''s on sale!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Isn''t the girl wearing the denim shrug Ginger Spice from the spice girls (Geri Halliwell?).

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, sorry Deco... I suppose a link would have been helpful, huh?
2.gif

This is the denim one: http://www.torrid.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=503817

Just noticed that it is currntly out of stock (sorry to be so unhelpful!)

I do really love that Ann Taylor chocolate one...would be a yummy choice!
jen
(still trying to figure out what the heck I could possibly do with the purple one...)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2006 1:15:18 AM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 6/28/2006 10:57:57 PM
Author: Gypsy
Sizes are a pain the arse aren''t they? I want to go try that Jim Hjelm on and the lady said at the truck show the sizes are usually 6-4 BRIDAL. What the FRICK am I supposed to do with that? Put it on my niece''s barbie?

ABSOLUTELY ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LMAO. I wanted to try one of those on too. I COMPLAINED and well... the bridal shop got one in a 12 (fit like an 8) for me. Then I saw another one I liked and had to stick my friend in it. She''s an 8 regular and SHE barely fit into it. Crazy. Just Crazy.

Sorry Deco got sidetracked. Back to the shrug now.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shrug. NOT the blue one. I have like that-- way too casual and textured. I like the Ann Taylor too. But like the idea of a brown shrug-- or coral. REALLY like the coral. Honestly it's my favorite option. Just think of the flowers!

SCRATCH THAT. That red one is INCREDIBLE.

But this one is BY FAR my favorite!
chiffonbolero.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hey Deco,

I really like the shape of the coral shrug & the Ann Taylor is classic & beautiful. (The fancy shrugs were gorgeous as well.)

I hate to say it, but my mind keeps going back to the denim jacket idea. I think that would be adorable with your dress for a barn reception. (Maybe not for the ceremony, but for later in the evening.)

I found this one, but am not sure if it would be warm enough with short sleeves. I think a regular (non-shrug) denim jacket would be adorable too.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2006 11:06:44 AM
Author: BrightSpot
I hate to say it, but my mind keeps going back to the denim jacket idea. I think that would be adorable with your dress for a barn reception. (Maybe not for the ceremony, but for later in the evening.)

I found this one, but am not sure if it would be warm enough with short sleeves.

THAT IS TOO CUTE. It''s so funny .. I was actually IN a Lane Bryant store today - while you were typing this. Didn''t see this in the store but LOVE it. They had a funny "Sgt Pepper"''s style denim jacket & a denim blazer & a cropped "regular" denim jacket but not this little gem.

Hmmmm. I do have a cropped-ish denim jacket already that I was thinking of using if it was just the "end of night" dress down the dress thing ... but that denim bolero is almost cute enough for down the aisle. Picture it with a bouquet of three Sunflowers, silvery kitten heel D''orsay pumps maybe??? A wavy bob -or -braided low messy knot?

Having seen the dress in person - the denim thing keeps calling to me too, especially since the Sweetie''s "gettin hitched" outfit is a black tux jacket, untucked white linen shirt & JEANS. .... I think all the dudes: Dude of Honor, Best Man & maybe our Dads are doing the same look.

Will ponder! THANKS for spotting it!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2006 4:25:38 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 8/9/2006 11:06:44 AM
Author: BrightSpot

I found this one, but am not sure if it would be warm enough with short sleeves.

THAT IS TOO CUTE. It''s so funny .. I was actually IN a Lane Bryant store today - while you were typing this.

ESP--extra-shopping perception?
2.gif

Didn''t see this in the store but LOVE it. They had a funny ''Sgt Pepper''''s style denim jacket & a denim blazer & a cropped ''regular'' denim jacket but not this little gem.

I thought this one was cute & a bit dressier than most denim jackets.

Hmmmm. I do have a cropped-ish denim jacket already that I was thinking of using if it was just the ''end of night'' dress down the dress thing ... but that denim bolero is almost cute enough for down the aisle. Picture it with a bouquet of three Sunflowers, silvery kitten heel D''orsay pumps maybe??? A wavy bob -or -braided low messy knot?

I love it!!!
36.gif
You''d better post your wedding pictures after the big day--it''s going to be so fabulous! I love the sunflower idea.

Having seen the dress in person - the denim thing keeps calling to me too, especially since the Sweetie''s ''gettin hitched'' outfit is a black tux jacket, untucked white linen shirt & JEANS. .... I think all the dudes: Dude of Honor, Best Man & maybe our Dads are doing the same look.

Will ponder! THANKS for spotting it!

Sure thing!
1.gif
The good thing about buying the shrugs from a non-bridal store is that you could buy several different ones & try them on with your dress when it arrives, then keep the one(s) you like best.
31.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I love the coral shrug the most. I think it''s a fabulous punch of color that can be great for summer or fall.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOODNESS that denim shrug is just cuter than words!!!!!! I think it would be absolutely PERFECT for your ceremony with sunflowers and your fiance wearing jeans!!!!!! That gets my top vote at the moment, unless you want to stay fancier!
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2006 4:49:36 PM
Author: albicocca
OH MY GOODNESS that denim shrug is just cuter than words!!!!!! I think it would be absolutely PERFECT for your ceremony with sunflowers and your fiance wearing jeans!!!!!! That gets my top vote at the moment, unless you want to stay fancier!
9.gif

9.gif
9.gif
My Adirondack pal! I meant to mention ... we''re thinking of heading there for a couple days after the wedding ... have you heard of Harbor Hill? Every cottage has a hot tub over looking the lake!

Back to duds ... what about these shoes?
31.gif

I wanted D''orsay style to keep an unbroken leg line ... but something about these is so .. so ... DECO. (Can''t do satin cause I''ll be trompin'' through the grass & mud - & I''d like to wear ''em again ... silver seemed more festive than black ... but red (patent?) is an option too ... cleanable, tromp-able)

eish_bea.jpg

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2006 6:59:31 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 8/9/2006 4:49:36 PM

Author: albicocca

9.gif

9.gif
9.gif
My Adirondack pal! I meant to mention ... we''re thinking of heading there for a couple days after the wedding ... have you heard of Harbor Hill? Every cottage has a hot tub over looking the lake!

Back to duds ... what about these shoes?
31.gif

I wanted D''orsay style to keep an unbroken leg line ... but something about these is so .. so ... DECO. (Can''t do satin cause I''ll be trompin'' through the grass & mud - & I''d like to wear ''em again ... silver seemed more festive than black ... but red (patent?) is an option too ... cleanable, tromp-able)

Those are some seriously cute shoes. The slightly retro look is just too cute... I love ''em. (I''ve been following this thread and ogling the pictures-- the style wouldn''t suit me, but I love it anyway!
9.gif
)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey JCrow!!

I meant to come back here the other day & THANK YOU SO MUCH for those rustic bio links. I immediately fell down The Knot Rabbit Hole ... didn''t emerge for hours, maybe days, & forgot how I even ended up there!!! YOU!!

p.s. -- This last link got screwy I think??? ... here''s where it took me...

**FROM PAGE***

HTTP - Hypertext Transfer Protocol

News | HTTP Activity | Specs | Software | Talks | Mailing lists | IETF | HTTP Extensions | WebMux | HTTP-NG | Web Characterization | Background

Now that both HTTP extensions and HTTP/1.1 are stable specifications, W3C has closed the HTTP Activity. The Activity has achieved its goals of creating a successful standard that addresses the weaknesses of earlier HTTP versions.

HTTP-related efforts in W3C are continuing, however. Some staff resources will remain allocated within the Jigsaw Activity to maintain an Overview page on HTTP on the W3C website, and to track implementation experience with HTTP/1.1 and HTTP extensions. Moreover, the open-source HTTP code in Jigsaw developed by W3C is still being actively maintained.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, I''m getting the same thing, but it may have something to do with what happened to me the other day. I also got lost down the Knot rabbit hole after following those links, but when I opened one of the bios (don''t remember which one), my computer got innundated with adware/spyware. My antivirus wasn''t up to date (for shame) and it was a huge mess to get rid of. So maybe they are having some problems cleaning stuff up? I don''t know enough about computers, for sure, but that would be my guess.

Personally, I was really surprised that I would have such a problem with a Knot site. I don''t think I was even saving any pics or anything,just opened a Knot link and BAM, my PC was full of crap. Now I am nervous to go back over there -- but at least it forced me to update everything and get Mozilla!
2.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
deco: i know this wasn''t the right thread to post those links, but it was the freshest one. so i did.

the second like i found going to flickr. i searched for wedding invites. it''s a b/w pic of a barn and there''s a little red heart on top of the chimney. (i guess it''s a chimney??) under the pic in black type said so and so''s wedding.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 11:44:37 AM
Author: mercoledi
Hey Deco, I saw these and thought of your lovely dress!
Bronze gazebos

Pretty! Def vintage looking but with a wider heel for less grass sinking! Thanks! I''m still hoping to get into the that "dance shoe" store in the city that was recommended by Wedding Bee.

Are you the same Mercoledi over at Indie Bride! I think I saw a post over there & was like HEY THAT''S MY P-SCOPE VINTAGE PAL!
9.gif
(Was trolling for "Indie" Ceremony Readings & Music Ideas & Hair Ideas & Shoes of course)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 11:42:13 AM
Author: fatafelice
Deco, I''m getting the same thing, but it may have something to do with what happened to me the other day. I also got lost down the Knot rabbit hole after following those links, but when I opened one of the bios (don''t remember which one), my computer got innundated with adware/spyware. My antivirus wasn''t up to date (for shame) and it was a huge mess to get rid of. So maybe they are having some problems cleaning stuff up? I don''t know enough about computers, for sure, but that would be my guess.

Personally, I was really surprised that I would have such a problem with a Knot site. I don''t think I was even saving any pics or anything,just opened a Knot link and BAM, my PC was full of crap. Now I am nervous to go back over there -- but at least it forced me to update everything and get Mozilla!
2.gif
eek! scary!!! i''m on a mac at home but haven''t had any problems thus far! knock on wood...
at work i''m on a pc, but can''t get to the knot bios. nothing comes up. maybe that''s a good thing
28.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 11:42:13 AM
Author: fatafelice
Deco, I''m getting the same thing, but it may have something to do with what happened to me the other day. I also got lost down the Knot rabbit hole after following those links, but when I opened one of the bios (don''t remember which one), my computer got innundated with adware/spyware.
YIKES!! I''m glad I have a MAC! So far I haven''t noticed anything funky ... and I was DEEP in that KNOT HOLE ... ewwwwww. Sounds so wrong.
3.gif
(ps---Happy B-day fellow Virgo ... I''m 9/1
1.gif
)

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 11:44:37 AM
Author: mercoledi
Hey Deco, I saw these and thought of your lovely dress!

Bronze gazebos

I really like those shoes!!! Great for dancing! I might need them -- wish they had them in silver.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the post from Wedding Bee about the cool Dance Shoe Store in Manhattan that I want to go to ... to try to get super comfie, but cute, retro-looking shoes ... MAYBE.

Wedding Bee Shoe Story

The pix is just one example of shoes they have - that reminded me of the Loubouton "Mini Princess" I so so so so wanted, but was $350+ & not in my size. SOB.

pinkshoe.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
More shoes from Supadance ... I think it''s my "So You Think You Can Dance" obsession -- meeting -- Bridal obsession
41.gif

supadanceshoes.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Deco, I will have to check that out! I was originally going to really splurge on shoes, but with this new dress development, I am going to have to re-think.

BTW, I just realized I never commented on your dress on this thread! That lace is scrupmtious! I *heart* vintage-y lace!
30.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Hiya- yep, that''s me too over on IB. I found this place trying to learn about diamonds after I got my ring. I love the style on this board, but I have a more IB budget. I used to be someone else over there to reduce confusion, but well, in a word: webstalking.

The gazebos are super-cute and higher than they look. One thing about dance shoes (which you might already know) the soles are usually just soft leather, it might be slippery and easily damaged in grass, gravel, rough hewn barn floors... Just a head''s up. Pretty shoes though, I like the ones on the right.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I just went there...

*drool* ...me likey t-straps... *drool*

Next time I go into the city, I am stopping there!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i wanted to go the ballroom dance shoe route too for several reasons. 1- i danced oh, some 15 years of my life 2- comfort.
but they don''t make them in a 4 inch heel. or at least that i''ve found.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results