shape
carat
color
clarity

Deciding to go a bit bigger. What do you think of this?

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

We decided to go up a bit in size after getting some money as a wedding gift. I posted a link to this stone in my prior post, but it isn't online anymore. IDJ was able to get it but we are waiting for it to come in to see it in person. Here is the gia and images. https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=6331108862&s=1579214239617. As always would love to hear your thoughts. image2.jpeg image5.jpeg image1.jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg image0.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: AV_

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are the angles etc.?

Reactions: Mlh

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry @OoohShiny Here are the stats. 1.06 g vs2 triple ex gia, 1.5 hca. Depth 61.7, table 57, crown 35, pav 40.8 lgf 75, med to slight thick, 3.5 %, star 50%. 6.53×6.55×4.03

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not an expert... ;-)

but I'm wondering if the ASETscope and IdealScope images at the bottom are both overexposed and the diamond tilted to the right hand side - see how the arrows on the left look shorter? And how the centre of the stone also looks overexposed, so hopefully what looks like a ring of leakage is nothing of the sort? (HCA score suggests it should be fine, although the crown is perhaps a touch higher than we might like to see with 40.8 pavilion, I think...)

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Can one of the experts weigh in?. Is there a light leakage issue? @Karl_K @Rockdiamond , @sledge
@Garry H (Cut Nut) , said there was some overexposure issues with the images themselves when I linked to them when the stone was still online. These aren't up anymore as the stone was claimed by idj. We havent seen it in person. Thank you so much!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not an expert... ;-)

but I'm wondering if the ASETscope and IdealScope images at the bottom are both overexposed and the diamond tilted to the right hand side - see how the arrows on the left look shorter? And how the centre of the stone also looks overexposed, so hopefully what looks like a ring of leakage is nothing of the sort? (HCA score suggests it should be fine, although the crown is perhaps a touch higher than we might like to see with 40.8 pavilion, I think...)
correct.
Good job.
This combo often runs on the edge but its image issues putting this one over it.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
correct.
Good job.
This combo often runs on the edge but its image issues putting this one over it.

Thanks @Karl_K . So more concern for the photography than the stone here?

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Idj is going to take better images once he gets the stone in. Hopefully it will look better.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Updated images 6331108862-Officelight black-01.jpg 6331108862-IdealScope-01.jpg 6331108862-ASET black (Fancy)-01.jpg SCANOX.JPG 6331108862-ASET white-01.jpg 6331108862-Hearts-01.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol

I think that stone is tilted again, but this time so the top is leaning away? :lol:

As mentioned by Karl above, though, this angle combo can be 'on the edge' - what appears to be leakage with a slight tilt to the stone in the ASET/IS images could mean it will suffer in 'real life' and be one of the stones that doesn't quite work.

(I am no expert, though!)

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
not the same stone? verify.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Same stone

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry you are not feeling well @Karl_K !!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can I ask, what aren't you seeing?
that its the same stone.
Im seeing twist in the second set I dont see in the first set of images.
But im not sure enough to say 100%

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
@Karl_K are you still unsure? If so, unsure of the twist or whether same stone images?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am just going to declare the second set as representative as they were presented to you that way for my answer.
I am not a fan of twisted pavilions because the differeces in the different parts of the stone bug me to no end.
Others disagree saying they are still better than steep deeps.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am with @Karl_K . These images puzzle me. Not the best imaging job by both original and IDJ.

In the first set of images, you see alot of greens, meaning the ASET is misaligned.

In the second set of images, you see less green, but the diamond is tilted. There is twisted pavilion you don't see in the first set of images (may be because tilted?). And you got solid green in the middle when the average PA is 41. All of them are greater than 40.8 and one is 41.1. I expect some red at least.

The ASET/IS is a strong marketing tool, only when used properly.. :confused:

Yes these two sets of images... I do not know... weird and different. But I cannot say for sure.

Last edited:

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Ok thanks @flyingpig , and @Karl_K. I appreciate you both responding! If I get New images I will post them. I did see the stone in person and it is lovely.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
No new images. I wish I could get some peace of mind. What should I be on the lookout for with the stone in real life?

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is the same stone, there are two tiny adjacent ?crystal inclusions at the border of the table at 1.30oclock which is present in the new ASET at 2:30.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
It is the same stone, there are two tiny adjacent ?crystal inclusions at the border of the table at 1.30oclock which is present in the new ASET at 2:30.

Thank you @gm89uk !

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any chance you can ask IDJ to retake the photos? Explain they are tilted and you want to ensure you are reading them correctly.

It's a free ask.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Any chance you can ask IDJ to retake the photos? Explain they are tilted and you want to ensure you are reading them correctly.

It's a free ask.

I did, but now it is set, so I don't think it will happen unfortunately. :(

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did, but now it is set, so I don't think it will happen unfortunately. :(

If they still have the ring, they can do all the photos except the hearts. Rather they are willing is a different story.

Geek speak aside, do you both love it and find it to be an improvement over the last stone?

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
If they still have the ring, they can do all the photos except the hearts. Rather they are willing is a different story.

Geek speak aside, do you both love it and find it to be an improvement over the last stone?

Ahh @sledge , I was hoping you would weigh in! I asked if they would/could but I don't think so. Honestly, it is very pretty. I am just not "mind clean" since I can't get an ok on the #s and images. I just haven't seen enough diamonds in my life. Everyone tells me to just enjoy it and I feel like a pain in the xxx. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results