shape
carat
color
clarity

DBTY-style necklaces with cuts other than MRBs?

Long necklaces flip all the time which is why they're generally bezelled/spectacle set I guess, so at least you get some sparkle regardless of which way the stone is flipped. I wonder if a prong set, flat-backed setting had engraving on the underside whether that could make it look attractive when the stones flipped?

The ones that I’ve seen did have a decorative back, now that you mention it. This makes a lot of sense! But also, I think if the stations are sufficiently weighted and the chain is not too thin the flipping could be minimised.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
The ones that I’ve seen did have a decorative back, now that you mention it. This makes a lot of sense! But also, I think if the stations are sufficiently weighted and the chain is not too thin the flipping could be minimised.

I think DBTY always flip? That’s what I read when I was researching about station bracelets.

I think DBTY always flip? That’s what I read when I was researching about station bracelets.

I don’t have one so I don’t know for sure! I was hypothesising based on my experience with a fixed pendant. But pendants do tend to be heavier than stations would be.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Just saw this approx 7.8ctw bracelet

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Just saw this approx 7.8ctw bracelet

That's really lovely!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a mixed cut but it is 18 inch and symmetrical. AFC1AE89-DB85-4F98-A034-806C3B063FF7.jpeg

I've always thought rose cuts are the perfect DBTY stone :appl: No poking, and doesn't matter that they flip!!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In the ‘before times’ I enjoyed day trips to London, to go to the big jewellery shows. One of the most magnificent necklaces I’ve ever had the pleasure of trying was a meter long diamond by the yard style necklace. It was constructed in the 1920’s out of 100 carats (yes one hundred!!!) of alternating OEC’s and antique cut marquis diamonds and set in platinum. Beautifully weighty and so very luxurious. Completely out of my price range. Please excuse the blurry photos
166C0636-2763-4EF2-A3B8-FE0EF804F4D7.jpeg

Have fun, I can wait to see your necklace once it’s done.

This necklace looks as though it were
made for you, @RosieR ! How gorgeous.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results