shape
carat
color
clarity

David Klass CAD check please :)

Steahl

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

I'm helping my sister's soon to be fiancé design a custom halo by David Klass. Centre stone will be a 1.17ct blue oval sapphire. Halo is supposed to be a very simple, 14k wg pave halo, able to accommodate a flush sitting band. A tiny gap is alright, so I think the donut can stay. Just thought I'd run what we have for CADs so far by you all, to check if there's anything else we can adjust to make the ring better. Shank melee is 2mm, halo melee is 1.7mm I believe. The gallery melee was added by David without being specified by us, and I think I'll probably have it taken off. Anything else we should change before its cast? I've asked him to wait until he has the sapphire to cast so he can follow the outline exactly.

Thanks for looking, and for any suggestions!

_5072.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No issues, even with the changes you want.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally remove the melee from the donut so it's not scratching up againsther band

Steahl

Rough_Rock
Great! He hit it out of the park on the first try I guess ;-) was going to ask DK to scrap all gallery melee including those on the donut but the bf likes the basket diamonds so those will stay! Thanks for input.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely remove the diamonds on the doughnut so it doesn't scratch up the wedding band.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I saw this on DKs Instagram today. Oooooh. Pretty!!

Steahl

Rough_Rock
ringo865|1470261730|4062240 said:
I think I saw this on DKs Instagram today. Oooooh. Pretty!!

Eeeek I hope not! Lol it's not supposed to be cast until he receives the sapphire from the vendor haha. He did surprise me with the speed of the whole process though, I approved the structural design (without added melee) and a few minutes later he emailed back saying it would be cast that day! I asked him to hold off though, so he could draw the halo to follow the outline of the oval, as it's a bit more cushiony at the "corners".

I just had a look at his IG, I think I know which ring you were thinking of, with the sapphires in the halo? Very pretty! Almost target halo-y!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops. Yah. I had the sapphires and diamond mixed up!! Well, you know it's gonna look spectacular when he's done with yours.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steahl|1470198288|4061964 said:
Great! He hit it out of the park on the first try I guess ;-) was going to ask DK to scrap all gallery melee including those on the donut but the bf likes the basket diamonds so those will stay! Thanks for input.
The struts can still have diamonds I just really think you'll be happier removing the donut diamonds. Is he aware they will scratch the metal away from the band they are against? Or that they are far more likelyto pop out?

Steahl

Rough_Rock
@Neil, whoops, I guess I'm not using the right terms... By basket I meant struts. So to clarify, donut melee is being taken out of the design, but the strut melee is staying! I had suggested taking all the gallery melee out, it's just personally what I would do, but the bf liked the detail but agreed that diamonds on the donut should go.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steahl|1470267218|4062280 said:
@Neil, whoops, I guess I'm not using the right terms... By basket I meant struts. So to clarify, donut melee is being taken out of the design, but the strut melee is staying! I had suggested taking all the gallery melee out, it's just personally what I would do, but the bf liked the detail but agreed that diamonds on the donut should go.

Oh ok! Yes, I think that'll be lovely and I'm sure your bf is happy to feel like he contributed to the design. I wasn't nice enough I do that for my husband :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results