shape
carat
color
clarity

Darth Vader - revamped! Grey spinel ring is now wearable!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my word! Those new prongs took her from meh to fabulous! It amazes me how one little thing can throw a whole
ring off. I wear a lot of different shades of heather gray...this ring would fit in with my wardrobe very nicely!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning ring. And these prongs truly made all the difference. Your Darth Vader is mesmerizing!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Junebug, Catmom, Cushioncutnut and Natylad!

Tyty, you are welcome to borrow Darth any time you like -- he does look marvelous with gray!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
This ring is stunning! I mean how do you decide which ring to wear daily? We really need a collection pick at some point!

secretagentdee

Rough_Rock
Such a gorgeous ring. Enjoy.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really nice! I don't think the "before" was that offensive (am I nuts?) -- in part because I am looking at it so blown up. But the "after" prong-work is just lovely.

Enjoy!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray! I think it is a great setting and how lucky to find one that fit! ILyas prongs looks amazing. I was going to have something else done with my similarly shaped sapphire but thinking maybe I should go back to him.

How are the prongs in daily wear? Any catching or lint? I’m always paranoid since I have had less than stellar prong karma.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lulu, I'm afraid I've already bored the pants off of everyone without trotting out a "family photo". :cheeky:

Thank you Secretagentdee!

LilAlex, you are probably right and not nuts at all! But knowing there are better prongs out there I just couldn't live with the original ones. Ilya laughed at me when I brought the ring in for "fixing" and said for most people that would have been a fine ring... but for me... :lol: And these uber blown up pics are just death on a piece. This off the rack setting looks really really good in real life, but here -- a zillion times its actual size -- it's looks like something thrown together by drunk monkeys with some flux and a blow torch!

CSpan, I just went back through your sapphire thread -- what a lovely stone! Personally I wouldn't bat an eye at having it set in a halo, but there are so many great other options too if you think that would be too big. I am amazed at Rfisher's mad skills and love a bunch of the iterations, especially the one with cadillacs. To answer your prong question, they are great, and he's done double claws now for me on three rings, this one, my sapphire and my emerald, and never an issue with any of them.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Love your new ring! Beautifully redone.

The color of that gem reminds me of Elizabeth Taylor's eyes, smoldery and sexy!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
...it's looks like something thrown together by drunk monkeys with some flux and a blow torch!

I'm stealing this. I don't know when I'll use it, but I will :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another beauty, DeeJay!!! Can't believe you found a setting that fit your stone perfectly!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results