shape
carat
color
clarity

Darth Vader - revamped! Grey spinel ring is now wearable!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Several months ago I jumped on the grey spinel bandwagon and ordered a stone from Thailand. I loved it, but didn't want to spend a fortune on a setting since it was a relatively inexpensive stone. Miraculously I did find a setting that fit it perfectly... but that's the point at which my impatience bit me in the a$$. Instead of buying the setting and taking it and the stone to be set by someone who I knew would do a good job, I agreed to have it set where I bought it. Ugh. The prongs were a bulbous mess. I should have known better! So Darth Vader sat in my jewelry box for a few months while I was mad at myself for what I'd done, ending up with a ring I wouldn't wear. Finally, I took it to Ivy and Rose and asked if they could fix it. And fix it THEY DID! I am so so so happy with the ring now! I

t's definitely a moody stone, and if I had to pick one underlying color it would be purple, but it also flashes a lot of blue and pure grey. The setting itself isn't spectacular, and looks much better in person than in close up pics, but here it is...

1638483548103.png

1638483565498.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before pictures. You may want to skip these if you have a weak stomach — ack!

Attachments

• C6DD1669-B11B-4FD7-9808-3993560C91AD.png
    C6DD1669-B11B-4FD7-9808-3993560C91AD.png
    911.5 KB · Views: 9
  • CE2B164F-8834-4AAD-95B6-81341F3E44E7.png
    CE2B164F-8834-4AAD-95B6-81341F3E44E7.png
    843.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DA4966A2-B9A9-4A27-A7CC-FA772970ADD7.png
    DA4966A2-B9A9-4A27-A7CC-FA772970ADD7.png
    865.2 KB · Views: 10

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
oh DeeJay that is stunning! Those prongs now are so fine. what a lovely color and ring!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Sprinkles! I have to confess I put off going to Ilya and asking him to fix that mess because I was so embarrassed, but he didn't blink an eye! The setting isn't the best thing I've ever seen, but for something "off the rack" that fit my weirdly out of square stone I decided to go with it.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Wow very pretty and I love your nails! I cannot believe that you found a setting to fit!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mreader, when I plunked the stone in this setting and it was PERFECT I made the decision then and there to squash down my inner Picky Penelope and go with it!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty colors and what luck finding a setting to fit! Looks great!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Darth Vader! Love the name, love the size, the color and that setting! Wow, although I did throw up a little in my throat looking at the “before” prong pics :sick:

Just kiddin, the prongs now are awesome, and the whole thing looks like you planned and planned the perfect proportions for the setting and stone together for months and months. How the heck did you randomly find a setting like that - that exactly fit that stone!?!? Unreal and well done!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darth is gorgeous and looks perfect in that ring - glad having Ilya fix your prongs made such a difference!

Marcy

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Great fix, she looks lovely.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is so pretty! What a difference a few prongs make! I love the color and the setting!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous transformation! So glad they were able to remake those prongs into things of beauty! Enjoy your new ring!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that’s gorgeous, a real chameleon.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
elizat, I couldn't believe it when I dropped the stone it and it was such a great match!

ringo, those "before" prongs were so bad I almost didn't post them, LOL.

Marcy, Ilya and his people are miracle workers!

Thank you caolsen!

Joanne, what a difference a few prongs make indeed!

MGR, "things of beauty" -- love it!

Austina, "chameleon" is EXACTLY the right word for this stone!

Thanks much nala!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Love the color and the mingling of different shades.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is definitely a fine example of what a well done nip & tuck can achieve!

I wouldn't have looked twice at the first iteration, but thise new claws are fierce & it's very striking & edgy now!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG TDF gorgeous.
Graylicious, purplicious, blulicious, out of this world delicious (haha Dee-licious!) !
Wear in good health and bling Joy @Dee*Jay :kiss2: my Dee-licious friend.:kiss:

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, so much better with the revamped prongs. It's beautiful!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! :love: What a difference the prongs make!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning!

ItsMainlyYou, LOVE the meme!

oncrutches, thank you; there are definitely different colors going on in there!

Ally, Nip & Tuck -- if only fixing my thighs was so easy. :cheeky:

Missy, you're such a sweetheart, thank you!

Donna, it took me so long to get over the original trauma and look into getting this fixed... so glad I finally did!

Dorthea, knowing how picky I am about my prongs I can't believe that I took such a (stupid) change in the first place. Live and learn!

Funny story, last night I was scrolling through the pictures in bed and TR looked over and said "Wow! That's a really cool ring! Whose is that?" UHhhhhh... I was WEARING IT RIGHT THEN! :shock: Hopefully once Pinkie is done he'll be able to recognize THAT since it's my Christmas present from him. :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW, I feel compelled to say (since I know we are all perfectionists!) that the weird imperfect "ridge" around the outside of the pave in the close up pics is not visible in real life!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this ring!! :kiss2: That stone is mesmerizing and the setting looks fantastic, the prongs are perfect! It looks so great on your hand @Dee*Jay.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh so much better! I love it with the new prongs!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results