shape
carat
color
clarity

Dangerous to get a face product on my diamond?

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone. I have a silly question. I use a product each night on my face that has salicylic acid in it. I never wear my e-ring when I put the lotion on but I was wondering if any of the following ingredients could damage my diamond if they come in contact with each other?

These are the ingredients:

Aqua (Distilled Water), SD Alcohol 40-B, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol, L-Glycine, Eucalyptus globulus (Eucalyptus) Extract

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! :wavey:
I really dont want to pretend being a chemist. But. If your face is still ok from using the cream Im sure your diamond is ok. It isnt recommended to wear an ER to sleep and the cream will probably make it really dirty so I would avoid any contact for that reason alone. You never said what metal the ring is made of, this could be something to consider. If it is made in gold (at least unplated) or platinum I bet theres no problem at all - your face should show real signs of damage if the cream was damaging to these metals. But alas I am no chemist,
/aca

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with aca. You won't hurt the diamond, but the product may stick to it and make is scungy. The product itself would not be acidic enough to harm most jewely metals directly as it would be pH 3-5. But, residue from the cream that contact yet another surface could pose theoretical risks. Bottom line...follow aca's advice and take the ring off.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results