shape
carat
color
clarity

Dancing Fire has passed away

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, I've just seen this! This is terrible news. I'm so sad! I loved his posts. Wow, I did not expect to see this. Poor DF! This place won't be the same without him. :cry:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always counted DF as a true PS compadre and mourn his loss, but certainly I found a number of his posts to be crass and inappropriate; indeed he liked to stir the pot and create chaos especially in Hangout.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always counted DF as a true PS compadre and mourn his loss, but certainly I found a number of his posts to be crass and inappropriate; indeed he liked to stir the pot and create chaos especially in Hangout.

I don't remember finding his comments about women to be crass so much as silly. I feel the way TooPatient does. I did get angry at him, though. He wasn't a saint. The proof of that is that he was sent on some enforced vacations from Pricescope by the administration. He's still my guy. =)2

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't remember finding his comments about women to be crass so much as silly. I feel the way TooPatient does. I did get angry at him, though. He wasn't a saint. The proof of that is that he was sent on some enforced vacations from Pricescope by the administration. He's still my guy. =)2

I disagree about vacations being proof of being bad.
If it proves anything it's that we have some intolerant prudes here, who cry to mommy to get their way and control PS.
To get any peace admin has to keep these squeaky wheels quiet.

This 245 post, 9 page thread has been going for a month.
I see that as more proof DF was good and loved here, not bad.

Personally I prefer a lively forum where anything goes except pron and spam.
But I don't own the forum like the whining net-nannies do.

I do love PS, and understand it is a for-profit business that can't afford to alienate any potential diamond shoppers.
I don't envy her, but Ella does a great juggling act here, herding all us cats.

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Humans tend to remember only the good about the dead.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't think it's a memory thing.
IMO saying only nice things of the dead (unless it's, say, Hitler) is more social pressure to suppress what comes naturally.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

He was imperfect I agree. As we all are. Let's celebrate the good IMO.

"People who deal with death every day, professional caregivers such as hospice, grief counselors, clergy and medical practitioners have long understood the importance of remembrance. It is an established principle that helps heal, so we can go on living our lives in meaningful ways."

Remembrance

We talk openly of life.
Of the joyful times we had.
And the joyful times we will have together.
Death gives no joy.
It has no voice.
We have muted it because there are no more
times to have together.
While the remembrance of death is painful,
the remembrance of those who lived,
those we loved, is joyous.
They have left footprints implanted in our minds,
in our hearts, and in the very essence of our being
that shall remain forever.
Death is sad.
Remembrance is not.
So let us remember their lives.
Forever.

-Patrick Cunningham

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was away for over a month, and just saw this. It took my breath away. DF drove me crazy! Several times, I wanted to pull my hair out, but he certainly stuck to his convictions and was passionate! I was reading the "have kids" thread and wondered why he hadn't commented. I was certain he was in a timeout.

I respected him and found him fascinating. I'll miss bickering with him! Rest easy, dear sir. When I look at the stars, I'll think of you and your sparkle.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought DF was absolutely lovely, and I don't think he was serious AT ALL with his flirty posts. I always got the impression there was a twinkle of an eye behind that screen, and he had good relationships with his wife and daughters, which says a lot and him and women. I don't think he meant a word of it, and some people here took him too seriously in my view - or perhaps such humor just doesn't translate well in writing sometimes. He brought MUCH needed levity to many of the threads and interactions on PS. Having come here as an immigrant and worked his way up, all in a second language, I felt he had earned the right to hold his fiscally-conservative views. He was a unique voice on PS, and he was so good-natured. I really loved his posts; I always got a feeling of "Great - DF is here!" whenever I saw his name, and I'm still just incredibly shocked that he's gone. I did not see that coming. I mean, it's not like he had mentioned being sick or anything. His passing is an enormous loss to PS, and I'm really really sad about it. Poor DF; gone way too soon. No age at all.

Last edited:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Not that it really matters, because he is still gone from our lives, but does anyone know what he passed away from?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not that it really matters, because he is still gone from our lives, but does anyone know what he passed away from?

I haven't seen it posted here at all. I would not be surprised if his family is respecting his long-standing mysteriousness (privacy, but I always think of DF as this really fun mysterious guy who gave just little pieces of the puzzle of himself) and not sharing that information.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Something told me to stop in and see what was up, and I find this very sad news. DF was one of the very few people here who actually got what was going on in the world, with lots of things, and wasn't afraid to say it. I respected him greatly for that. Sure, he had his flaws, we ALL do. But he had integrity, and that makes up for a lot. A light has truly gone out...

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Given that he was fine one minute and then gone the next (seemingly), I think it's natural to wonder what on earth happened to him, especially given that he was such a big part of this community for so long. I have certainly wondered, since it was such a shock. There was a gap of a month between his last post (when he was fine) and the date of his passing, so I'm guessing it was an illness rather than an accident. If he'd had covid, I think he probably would have posted about it. The fact that there was suddenly nothing, but he passed a month later, makes me think he had a bad heart attack or a stroke, or some such. He has posted here in the past about having really high cholesterol, which he was open about.

Poor DF! Sixty-two is no age. He should have had at least another twenty years to enjoy his family and see his grandchildren grow up. He was a real family man. It's so unfair.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was still groggy this morning and saw the CNY post DF made. My heart leapt and I caught myself thinking he was back from timeout. I wish that were true! DF, you are missed tremendously. Your past posts are a blast to go through again, but it isn't the same.

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
RiP Dancig Fire. I will always miss your sense of humour.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My sincerest condolences to Dancing Fire's beloved family members. His devotion to you shined brighter than all the diamonds in the world and was evident throughout his presence here. His departure from this world was way too soon. He was a PriceScope icon and I will sorely miss his presence, his wit and his courage. God Bless you, Dancing Fire, and may your beautiful family, that you treasured so deeply, find some measure of peace and comfort.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

His obit said cancer.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't even remember him mentioning cancer. He would talk about his heart, if and when he said anything.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never saw that either. Can you post the reference?

I thought I read it?? but I could have been confusing a friend of mine's husband who died of cancer in December. I apologize, I do not know what he died of. I miss him even though fighting with him often I felt all his convictions on the right came from a true place in his lfe as mine are from my life. I miss him and think he was a real spark of fun and pest here.. wish he was here telling me to stop it! :) peace.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking about how @Dancing Fire would have been tempted to post about the war. Sigh.

He would have been typing up a storm! I miss his posts and am curious what all he would have had to say. I sometimes think I know what he would have replied with to this or that comment, but then again he did surprise me on some things. Loved how he spoke his mind and didn't back down even if it was an unpopular opinion.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I actually remember reading a reply of his, I think it was to Kenny but my memory could be fooling me. But it was about covid and he said that's the least of his worries as something else will take him out. Something similar to that. I'm not sure if he mentioned cancer explicitly, but his statement did make me think right then and there that he's battling it or something terminal.

RIP DF ❤

Voldemort

Super_Ideal_Rock
I quite liked him. He was knowledgable, full of sass and I never had a bad experience with him. I was happy to have met him several years ago at a PS meetup. I'm sorry for his loss and feel sad for his family and friends.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually remember reading a reply of his, I think it was to Kenny but my memory could be fooling me. But it was about covid and he said that's the least of his worries as something else will take him out. Something similar to that. I'm not sure if he mentioned cancer explicitly, but his statement did make me think right then and there that he's battling it or something terminal.

RIP DF ❤

I also remember that exchange. I think it went something like he didn’t know whether Covid or his heart would take him out. I think it was his heart..but I would be guessing. I miss him..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results