carat
color
clarity

CvB Peruzzi 7 stone ring

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I’ve had this for a few weeks now and thought I should finally post some pics!

I’ve wanted a daily-wear RHR for a while and decided a 7 stone would suit what I wanted best. I originally contacted Yoram about French cut stones but changed my mind to Peruzzis at the last minute, and he was very helpful in making the change.

The stones are 3mm and I love the setting Caysie made - I get to see a lot of the stones from the side and in profile, but the delicate baskets give them a little bit more protection than a u-prong would (and give me a bit of psychological protection from worrying about clunking the stones on something!).

I love the 3mm width - it’s perfect for me for daily wear, and I asked Caysie to set the stones low so it’s very wearable and comfortable.

I’m still a little torn on the stones though, which I think is why I havn’t posted before now. I love them in profile and when viewing at a slant. The high crowns are amazing - the ‘sculptural’ term Yoram uses is very fitting. And the fire can be amazing in the right light.

I don’t, however, enjoy the stones as much as I’d hoped when viewing straight down. From macro pics of these and his French cuts, I was hoping for some broader, gentle flashes, but I find them very busy when viewed straight on (although they are growing on me). I appreciate they’re only 3mm stones, but I have smaller stones in a French cut and round half eternity and can easily enjoy the facets in the French cuts in the right lighting. I find I can’t really see the facets in these at all, even though they’re larger (and I’m really short-sighted without my contact lenses, so have natural loupe vision!). On the positive, it makes the ring very lively, with tons of scintillation. I was just aiming for something a little calmer.

@OoohShiny - I know you posted a few weeks ago about what size stone you need to appreciate faceting. If we manage a UK get-together, I’ll make sure to wear this so you can see the Peruzzis at 3mm size. I think you’d need significantly larger to appreciate it in this particular cut, which is contrary to what I posted in your original thread based on my other bands! Although, as I said above, I can absolutely see the gorgeous high crowns in side view at arm’s length, and very much enjoy that aspect of them (and they’re set off amazingly by the gorgeous swoopy baskets by Caysie). Price-wise, BG 4mm ideal cut rounds seem a similar range, so a big size difference for the price. I guess that’s the big disadvantage for those of us in the UK - we can’t see stones easily in real life. Yoram was good and offered to exchange for me, but it’s too difficult and expensive from here, plus I’m sure I’d end up paying customs again on the exchange!

As I say though, the straight-on view is growing on me. It’s just different to what I expected based on macro pics.

1BEC6F52-5CDC-4F94-AC17-B51E25822638.jpeg DDF194B6-8F5B-446E-AC0A-2537D9AC080F.jpeg 0B6D825C-5167-4F11-8C3A-898D0AD75CF5.jpeg 9803A97E-D4A3-4206-A472-24C9CF6AF8F4.jpeg EBCAE9DF-9C6B-4F4B-99B7-95804126E2B6.jpeg

(Sorry for the furry fingers in the close-ups...)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I’ve had this for a few weeks now and thought I should finally post some pics!

I’ve wanted a daily-wear RHR for a while and decided a 7 stone would suit what I wanted best. I originally contacted Yoram about French cut stones but changed my mind to Peruzzis at the last minute, and he was very helpful in making the change.

The stones are 3mm and I love the setting Caysie made - I get to see a lot of the stones from the side and in profile, but the delicate baskets give them a little bit more protection than a u-prong would (and give me a bit of psychological protection from worrying about clunking the stones on something!).

I love the 3mm width - it’s perfect for me for daily wear, and I asked Caysie to set the stones low so it’s very wearable and comfortable.

I’m still a little torn on the stones though, which I think is why I havn’t posted before now. I love them in profile and when viewing at a slant. The high crowns are amazing - the ‘sculptural’ term Yoram uses is very fitting. And the fire can be amazing in the right light.

I don’t, however, enjoy the stones as much as I’d hoped when viewing straight down. From macro pics of these and his French cuts, I was hoping for some broader, gentle flashes, but I find them very busy when viewed straight on (although they are growing on me). I appreciate they’re only 3mm stones, but I have smaller stones in a French cut and round half eternity and can easily enjoy the facets in the French cuts in the right lighting. I find I can’t really see the facets in these at all, even though they’re larger (and I’m really short-sighted without my contact lenses, so have natural loupe vision!). On the positive, it makes the ring very lively, with tons of scintillation. I was just aiming for something a little calmer.

@OoohShiny - I know you posted a few weeks ago about what size stone you need to appreciate faceting. If we manage a UK get-together, I’ll make sure to wear this so you can see the Peruzzis at 3mm size. I think you’d need significantly larger to appreciate it in this particular cut, which is contrary to what I posted in your original thread based on my other bands! Although, as I said above, I can absolutely see the gorgeous high crowns in side view at arm’s length, and very much enjoy that aspect of them (and they’re set off amazingly by the gorgeous swoopy baskets by Caysie). Price-wise, BG 4mm ideal cut rounds seem a similar range, so a big size difference for the price. I guess that’s the big disadvantage for those of us in the UK - we can’t see stones easily in real life. Yoram was good and offered to exchange for me, but it’s too difficult and expensive from here, plus I’m sure I’d end up paying customs again on the exchange!

As I say though, the straight-on view is growing on me. It’s just different to what I expected based on macro pics.

1BEC6F52-5CDC-4F94-AC17-B51E25822638.jpeg DDF194B6-8F5B-446E-AC0A-2537D9AC080F.jpeg 0B6D825C-5167-4F11-8C3A-898D0AD75CF5.jpeg 9803A97E-D4A3-4206-A472-24C9CF6AF8F4.jpeg EBCAE9DF-9C6B-4F4B-99B7-95804126E2B6.jpeg

(Sorry for the furry fingers in the close-ups...)

I’m glad that you posted, in spite of your conflicting impression about them. I am certain that the photos don’t do them justice, but they look beautifully stunning on you! :love:
I’m sorry that you did not get what you expected from them, but I do hope that you will enjoy them for years to come. They are a unique cut, and will be of great value, I am certain; definitely worth their weight in gold. ;)2
If, someday, the time comes when you are interested in selling, please don’t hesitate to reach out here, first! I am sure you will get many bids!!
The style of the ring that Caysie made for your seven Peruzzis is extremely beautiful, and streamlined, and looks so good on you!!! Thank you for sharing her with us!! :mrgreen2:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi lissyflo! Your write-up was so refreshing to me. You did a great job articulating what you’re seeing and feeling and, after seeing your photos, I totally get it. Let me first say that I think your ring turned out beautifully and the diamonds are stunning!!! But yes - there’s a lot of “movement” with their cuts. And if you were hoping for broader flashes of light it’ll probably be something you will always crave. Is there not a way to work around customs fees when you’re doing an exchange? I know very little about that process.

If you want to start again, perhaps Caysie could list the ring for you on her IG page and hopefully get all of your money back. In the end, I’d say don’t settle. You’ve thought a long time about getting this ring and you deserve something that makes you smile every time you see it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a gorgeous ring! I love the low setting. I am sorry you aren't in love with the diamonds. I think french cut diamonds have fewer facets, and that is why you might see broader facet reflection in those than Peruzzis in similar size small stones.

You probably could list it on loupetroop.com and pricescope pre-loved if you want to sell it and start over with new stones. Even though you are in the UK, it is no different for us in the US, as we don't have the opportunity to see specialty cut stones, either.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I looks gorgeous and I hope you come to love it. If not, I agree you should sell.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that's a beautiful ring!!! I agree with the others, if you don't love it, just list in on LT:)

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! Love the profile and the prongs are awesome! I really hope it grows on you!!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, that is nice :))

Thank you for posting the excellent pictures and your thoughts on them!

I think it's really interesting that you are slightly conflicted - I can kind of relate to that, because although I'm only in the position to window-shop and ogle amazing pictures and videos online right now, there are aspects of the different cuts available that I like and other aspects that I'm not sure about...

For example, I love ECs and there are sometimes ones on JA that I seriously want, but how would they compare to the ball of coloured fire that is the missus' CBI, which is awesome in basically every light?

Likewise, I love the Octavia cut, but would it satisfy my step-cut love enough with those smaller facets? And would it provide MRB 'fire' performance?

And do any of the cuts available really perform at all tilt angles? Or should one expect diamonds to be a bit 'meh' as they tilt towards the horizontal, meaning one should enjoy them more for their 'structural' appearance from those angles??

This would all be a lot easier if we had all the options available to view in person, but as you note, it is really hard to judge cuts here in the UK thanks to the dearth of good stones. :rolleyes: :( There are plenty of MRBs to look at (and then politely or not so politely decline :lol: ) but that's basically it!

I'm pleased (is that the right word?) that you took a leap of faith and decided to try the Peruzzis out in person :) It is not a small amount of money to lay out, so kudos for being brave!

Perhaps some more time is needed for you to experience their 'character' some more, and perhaps you will bond with them as they 'grow on you' - it sounds like that even if you are not 100% on them at the moment, they are always interesting to look at, which I think is a key ingredient for a great diamond! :))

Thank you again for posting - I hope we can get a UK GTG sorted (if I ever pull my finger out!) as it would be great to experience them 'IRL'!

Ooh, and just to ask, would a video in different lighting be a possibility? ;-) :D

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I love these diamonds. The ring is perfection, as expected from Caysie, and the whole package is beautiful. I hope those babies grow on you a bit as they show you some character.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m glad that you posted, in spite of your conflicting impression about them. I am certain that the photos don’t do them justice, but they look beautifully stunning on you! :love:
I’m sorry that you did not get what you expected from them, but I do hope that you will enjoy them for years to come. They are a unique cut, and will be of great value, I am certain; definitely worth their weight in gold. ;)2
If, someday, the time comes when you are interested in selling, please don’t hesitate to reach out here, first! I am sure you will get many bids!!
The style of the ring that Caysie made for your seven Peruzzis is extremely beautiful, and streamlined, and looks so good on you!!! Thank you for sharing her with us!! :mrgreen2:

Thank you, @Matthews1127 ! They are beautiful stones and the top view IS growing on me. I think I struggled because they’re not what I was expecting and it was something I’ve been half thinking about and saving for for ages. My engagement ring is an asscher and maybe I should have stuck to step-cuts and followed your path of an asscher band, although I hope once I get used to the full-on sparkle then I’ll appreciate having different personality options in rings. It’s very hard to judge the personality of stones IRL based on static photos!

Hi lissyflo! Your write-up was so refreshing to me. You did a great job articulating what you’re seeing and feeling and, after seeing your photos, I totally get it. Let me first say that I think your ring turned out beautifully and the diamonds are stunning!!! But yes - there’s a lot of “movement” with their cuts. And if you were hoping for broader flashes of light it’ll probably be something you will always crave. Is there not a way to work around customs fees when you’re doing an exchange? I know very little about that process.

If you want to start again, perhaps Caysie could list the ring for you on her IG page and hopefully get all of your money back. In the end, I’d say don’t settle. You’ve thought a long time about getting this ring and you deserve something that makes you smile every time you see it!

Thank you, @ILikeShiny. I’m glad I made sense - it’s hard to articulate when your feelings on something are a little mixed.

I think a sale is a no-go as I’d take a 23% hit on the import duty before even thinking about taking any hit on selling pre-loved, so it’s just too uneconomical. I did speak to both Yoram and Caysie about exchanging to French cuts to get a more ‘simple’ light play, but both said (independently of each other) that his French cuts behave very similarly to the Peruzzis, at least at this size.

And actually, in profile and at a tilted angle, I do really like the stones. I’m hoping the straight on view will come as a slow-burn love with time, once I’m used to how they behave. I appreciate it’s a ridiculous first world problem that I’m very lucky to have.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a gorgeous ring! I love the low setting. I am sorry you aren't in love with the diamonds. I think french cut diamonds have fewer facets, and that is why you might see broader facet reflection in those than Peruzzis in similar size small stones.

You probably could list it on loupetroop.com and pricescope pre-loved if you want to sell it and start over with new stones. Even though you are in the UK, it is no different for us in the US, as we don't have the opportunity to see specialty cut stones, either.

Thanks, @diamondseeker2006. Caysie definitely did it again with the setting. The height is perfect, it’s so comfortable to wear and the claws are savage! I think it strikes the perfect balance between giving the stones a little protection whilst also letting them flood with light.

I spoke to Yoram and Caysie about exchanging to French cuts but they both said Yoram’s peruzzis and French cuts behave very similarly at this size. I was actually glad they said so, as I was originally going with French cuts and had a last minute change of heart, which is very unlike me once I’ve made a decision. So to hear that I may have felt the same about the frenchies was a comfort in a strange way. I consider myself lucky overall as I’ve done a couple of fairly ‘blind’ custom projects and been really pleased before, so I’ll take comfort in a reasonable hit rate and learn to love the stones for what they are.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I looks gorgeous and I hope you come to love it. If not, I agree you should sell.

that's a beautiful ring!!! I agree with the others, if you don't love it, just list in on LT:)

Thanks @whitewave and @soxfan. I’m going to give it time. I’ve loved fairly blind purchases before, so I guess it was partly because I’d imagined the stones behaving differently to how they do. I love aspects of it, just not the whole package. By the way, I’m glad you’re enjoying your 5 stone, soxfan - it’s beautiful!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! Love the profile and the prongs are awesome! I really hope it grows on you!!!

Thank you, @ceg! The prongs are seriously fierce! The setting would be stunning with coloured stones in, which was one of the options I was mulling over in case I don’t adjust to how the stones behave. But having worn it for a bit now I think I’m getting there!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous and looks stunning on you! The stones look beautiful and unique to my eyes.

Thank you for your honest reflections. It’s very honest of you to share your doubts with us.

I hope and expect that the stones will grow on you. They are not exactly as expected, but they are stunning.

They seem to grow on you, but if not I hope you managed to arrange ‘something’. Like a trip to the US to personally trade them.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo,
I can appreciate how this may have been quite the shock. However, I must say that as different as they may be from Asscher Cuts, their design compliments step cuts, well. I would imagine that after looking at a step cut stone, regularly, and then looking down at Paruzzis flashing back up at you, the scintillation that you are seeing would be a little bit similar to a mind game. You’re not sure where to look, first.
I have a feeling that, at some point, these two designs will mesh well together, and you will find the Paruzzis less distracting.
I’m certainly happy that you’re being open minded about the whole thing; I’d hate to see you give up on such beautifullly cut diamonds. Yoram takes such pride in his work, and I’m sure that he was less than thrilled when he learned that these particular diamonds did not initially perform the way that you expected.
I honestly was pleasantly surprised, when I opened my vintage cut Asschers that Yoram selected for me because they sparkle more than I anticipated. They are 3.5mm sq., so that definitely impacted their performance. Perhaps, this effect is the same with your paruzzis, which is creating some havoc with your eyes?
As you mentioned, this is a first world problem most women would love to have, so congratulations!
I hope these little sparklers warm your heart, and you fall in love with them! I do love their unique design, and Caysie knocked it out with her design!!
It’s a beautiful ring, and looks so good on you!
If you don’t mind, would you post some photos of the band with your Asscher?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a gorgeous ring -- THOSE CLAWS!! ...I hope it grows on you, but if not, don't settle. Sell it and get what you know you'll love.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Perhaps some more time is needed for you to experience their 'character' some more, and perhaps you will bond with them as they 'grow on you' - it sounds like that even if you are not 100% on them at the moment, they are always interesting to look at, which I think is a key ingredient for a great diamond! :))

Ooh, and just to ask, would a video in different lighting be a possibility? ;-) :D

I think you hit the nail on the head with the bold part - they are definitely very interesting to look at, and from lots of different angles too. And I also agree with what you said about no single cut satisfying every part of the picture - having worn the ring for a bit now, I do think I’ll be glad to have a different ‘flavour’ of stone in this one once I’m properly acquainted with how the stones behave!

I will gladly take some videos in different lighting but you might need to bear with me - the kids are off school for the summer now so quiet time is in short supply!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I love these diamonds. The ring is perfection, as expected from Caysie, and the whole package is beautiful. I hope those babies grow on you a bit as they show you some character.

Thank you! The setting is definitely perfect for me - I could stare at the profile view for hours.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo it's Gorgeous! :love: Perfect diamonds and perfect yummy profile and perfect setting.:appl:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love::love: I love it! I think it’s unique and give it time to get used to.

Thanks! Sage advice that I’m going to follow (aided by the difficulties of returning and reclaiming the 23% tax premium!).

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous and looks stunning on you! The stones look beautiful and unique to my eyes.

Thank you for your honest reflections. It’s very honest of you to share your doubts with us.

I hope and expect that the stones will grow on you. They are not exactly as expected, but they are stunning.

They seem to grow on you, but if not I hope you managed to arrange ‘something’. Like a trip to the US to personally trade them.

Thanks, @Acinom. They are growing on me as I get familiar with them. I had made, without realising, certain assumptions about how they’d look and behave based on macro photos, and I think part of my uncertainty over them was because they weren’t, in motion, how I had assumed they’d be based on those static pictures. It’s hard to separate out uncertainty from unfamiliarity and from an element of surprise, if I’m making sense.

They are very lively and the crown is definitely a 3D experience I love!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo,
I can appreciate how this may have been quite the shock. However, I must say that as different as they may be from Asscher Cuts, their design compliments step cuts, well. I would imagine that after looking at a step cut stone, regularly, and then looking down at Paruzzis flashing back up at you, the scintillation that you are seeing would be a little bit similar to a mind game. You’re not sure where to look, first.
I have a feeling that, at some point, these two designs will mesh well together, and you will find the Paruzzis less distracting.
I’m certainly happy that you’re being open minded about the whole thing; I’d hate to see you give up on such beautifullly cut diamonds. Yoram takes such pride in his work, and I’m sure that he was less than thrilled when he learned that these particular diamonds did not initially perform the way that you expected.
I honestly was pleasantly surprised, when I opened my vintage cut Asschers that Yoram selected for me because they sparkle more than I anticipated. They are 3.5mm sq., so that definitely impacted their performance. Perhaps, this effect is the same with your paruzzis, which is creating some havoc with your eyes?
As you mentioned, this is a first world problem most women would love to have, so congratulations!
I hope these little sparklers warm your heart, and you fall in love with them! I do love their unique design, and Caysie knocked it out with her design!!
It’s a beautiful ring, and looks so good on you!
If you don’t mind, would you post some photos of the band with your Asscher?

I will definitely post some pics with my asscher, @Matthews1127! I won’t wear the 7 stone with my engagement ring though - it’s sized for my right hand, not my left, and so would be too large on all but the hottest days. Part of my logic in going for these stones was to have a slightly livelier right hand ring than my step-cut engagement ring, but not full-on MRB liveliness. I also liked the almost square shape, to keep a bit of consistency with the asscher.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a gorgeous ring -- THOSE CLAWS!! ...I hope it grows on you, but if not, don't settle. Sell it and get what you know you'll love.

Thanks @msop04. They’re beautifully savage, aren’t they?! When Caysie first mentioned a shared-prong kind of style I was a bit worried about blobby prongs where you see lots of metal. When she sent me pics, I told her I should have known not to worry - the lady can design fierce, delicate claws to perfection!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo it's Gorgeous! :love: Perfect diamonds and perfect yummy profile and perfect setting.:appl:

Thanks @missy! The setting and profile had me from the start. As Ooohshiny said, they’re really interesting stones in profile and at a tilt. It’s kind of like mountains and valleys seeing the crowns stacked next to each other - maybe it’s that appealing to my Welsh valleys heritage!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
That is a gorgeous ring! Caysie did a stunning job on the claws.

I love your logic about the peruzzis as a way to have a cut that compliments your Asscher without being as lively as a MRB. My hunch is that as soon as you get used to the reality of the stones vs what you had envisioned, they will be absolutely perfect.

Congrats on a beautiful piece!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy you are planning to keep and enjoy the ring! The Peruzzi's are rare and unique, and you will be one of a few in the world who has some! I have 2.6mm Yoram OECs surrounding my light yellow AVC that Yoram also cut, and while the OECs do not have the sparkle of ideal cut rounds, I greatly value the authenticity and artistry of the little stones and wouldn't choose anything else for that ring.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The perspective shot of this ring on your hand is amazing. It’s got some serious presence. I notice the shape of the stones the most and how it fills out the whole band, which I love. I have to hand it to Caysie. That four prong setting couldn’t complement and enhance the stones more. Please let us know how you feel after a while. The ring itself is stunning. Hope you enjoy it more over time.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results