shape
carat
color
clarity

Custome vs bespoke vs costume

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
Could somebody in the know explain if and what are the differences?

IMHO it's:

Custome is made on order?
Bespoke is designed for and made on order?
Costume is ready-to-go loosing-never-mind cheap stuff?

Or do different countries, cultures take it differently?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Custom and Bespoke would seem interchangeable to me.

Costume is low-value stuff that looks nice. (Low value being relative to one's income, of course.)

All IMHO, of course :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Custom and Bespoke would seem interchangeable to me.

Costume is low-value stuff that looks nice. (Low value being relative to one's income, of course.)

All IMHO, of course :)

That would be my interpretation too.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My understanding is bespoke is made from scratch specifically for that individual. Made for you with your tastes in mind completely and unique to and for you and only you.

Custom means you get to choose from a selection of choices and is more specific than a ready made ring but is somewhere between bespoke and ready made.

Now as far as how the terms are being used by specific vendors -might be completely different than how I explained it but from my understanding these are the differences.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think custom & bespoke are used interchangeably in marketing speak, but i agree with Missy that bespoke connotes something that is tailored to fit you perfectly, like a suit or shoes. Maybe that's a more traditional usage.

Costume jewelry - to me is jewelry that is made of non-precious material in a way that mimics precious & semi-precious gems / metal - so something that is silver or gold plated with paste or composite resin stones, shell pearls, etc. It's not always cheap!

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
Yes, there must be a difference between the auto-select software on these big website, where you 'set' gem Y in ring B, that should be called custom, like selecting a certain dress in a certain cloth, while designing something from scratch is a far more demanding piece of work = bespoke (can well be a cheap gem in silver but the work remains the same).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results