shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Stacking Rings/Gold and/or Sterling Silver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here is an example of a set of stacking rings made by OneGarnetGirl. I have lots of gemstone rings made by Maddy and I LOVE them! She does lots of custom work and has many stacking sets listed on her site on Etsy.

I just sent her a cushion tourmaline and she''s going to set it for me. Take a look!

Lori

maddystackers.jpg

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lori,

I''m so glad you posted this ''cause I''ve perused Maddy''s website and a few other Etsy vendors before and wondered what the quality of their work is. Would you mind sharing some pictures of your rings? Could you also speak a bit about the process involved in getting a ring custom made and the quality of her work. I like a few items on Maddy''s site and I''m contemplating the idea of getting a funky ring made for my "something blue." TIA

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I''m wondering about the pricing to do something custom as well.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I can''t seem to locate this person on ebay.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 10:42:22 PM
Author: mochi
I can''t seem to locate this person on ebay.
Mochi, onegarnetgirl is an Etsy vendor. Do a search here http://www.etsy.com

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love this etsy sight - never heard of it before, what a cool resource!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Maddy is really easy to work with and she does lots of custom work. She''s very reasonable and will work with you to design your dream pieces.

I have so many things from her....earrings, pendants and tons of rings, mostly stackers....look at the feedback she''s received and you will see many from me!

Still need to get my digital camera, ASAP, and I''ll show you all of the beauties that I have.

Check onegarnetgirl out....she''s amazing! Here is a custom ring she made for me earlier this year.

Lori

il_430xN_35979619.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is a combo that I came up with and it is one of my favorites....peridot, apatite and white topaz.
9.gif

Lori

il_430xN_31487056.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
These were my idea, too.....chrome diopside studs....love them!

Lori

il_430xN_28352837.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This was my first stacking set from Maddy.....one of my favorites.

Lori

il_430xN_26680734.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is an awesome set....the colors are amazing....it is one of my most recent purchases from Maddy.

She works with gold and silver.....just email her and let her know what you have in mind.

Lori

il_430xN_41893822.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Found this seller, love her stacking rings - one would also be great as separator for other rings.. seller name: kateszabone

stack rings one.jpg

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Oh they look lovely! I am going to go look them up!

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
I found 2 of the three listed!!! I can''t find maddy. What is her screen name??
This is the answer on how to set smaller stones that aren''t enough on there own!!! I love it.

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for posting Lori! Her pieces are fantastic.
36.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Lori, thanks for posting pictures of your beauties! Wanna know something funny? I've admired all your sets, especially the blue and red stacking sets without knowing they belonged to you
1.gif

Arjuna, yeah I've noticed that seller too. She's got some pretty merchandise as well. I agree those stackers are yummy!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the link to etsy -- so cool! Love both those artists. We need to draw deco''s attention to that site; she loves artsy handcrafted jewelry. And kateszabone has some beautiful rose gold stuff.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stackers, Lori! I just love those.

Any chance you could give us some hand shots, and some idea of the sizes (dimensions) of some of those stones? I have some extra garnets lying around, and this looks like a great way to give them a home.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG! I have to have them! *drool* I wear a 5 on my RH but since it is such a thick ring (stacked together) how much should I add to the size?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 8:42:52 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
OMG! I have to have them! *drool* I wear a 5 on my RH but since it is such a thick ring (stacked together) how much should I add to the size?

I just checked out the seller''s site and I want some too! I have a 6 1mm rose gold bands and they really squeeze--they are all the same size--to fit true to size. (and they''re definitely not as cool as these either!) If I get a few of these, I''m going a full size up.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 8:53:24 PM
Author: coatimundi

I just checked out the seller''s site and I want some too! I have a 6 1mm rose gold bands and they really squeeze--they are all the same size--to fit true to size. (and they''re definitely not as cool as these either!) If I get a few of these, I''m going a full size up.

really a full? on one of those other websites you listed that has similar rings it says a half...hmmm...I think I might go a half b/c 7 mm is not that wide for me (my e-ring is 6 mm alone). She says its 10 mm but it has to be wrong since it is a set of 7 and 1 mm a piece. How awesome would the rose bands be stacking my Tessa ring?!?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/12/2008 8:41:10 PM
Author:loriken214

She does lots of custom work and has many stacking sets listed on her site on Etsy.

Lori, what is "Etsy" and how can I find it? Not that I need any more stacking rings (I have a bunch by either Gurhan or Yossi Harari-I forget which-and also some Mini Mania ones by Sheldon Speyer). I just would like to know!

ETA-I just saw that you provided a link to Etsy above. I will use it. Thank you!

Deborah
34.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 9:10:31 PM
Date: 11/14/2008 8:53:24 PM

really a full? on one of those other websites you listed that has similar rings it says a half...hmmm...I think I might go a half b/c 7 mm is not that wide for me (my e-ring is 6 mm alone). She says its 10 mm but it has to be wrong since it is a set of 7 and 1 mm a piece. How awesome would the rose bands be stacking my Tessa ring?!?

Yah, now that I think about it--I think I''d do a half too. A full may be overkill, and I don''t want them sliding all over the place--that is, if I get any--haHA
31.gif

How awesome would the rose bands be with your Tessa ring?? SO AWESOME!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Esdesigns is fun too ... mostly silver ... her work reminds me of my rose gold four petal earrings (that i''m currently wearing - HA!)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
If someone comes across a seller of nice pendants/gold/gold-filled necklaces, can you pls post it here?
I am seriously lacking in nice necklaces, and would love something simple to wear for everyday in gold or SS.
thankyou!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

Tacori, if you''re around, I bought some!
I found a very helpful lady who had some on sale - her name is : tumbleweedbeadco
She put up a custom listing for me as I wanted 2 gold and 1 silver - she was very nice and helpful, It was only $20.80US for all three
5.gif

fyi, she suggested going up a half size only. After fiddling with some of my rings, I was going to do 3/4 of a size - but then I realized they are only 1mm each, so I think a half is right.

Here is her pic!

gold stack1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
And I''ll see how I go, but I think I''ll get one of these to go with them..what do you think?

bead ring1.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
ar, thanks, I am going to go half a size up! I ordered a set last night but have to change my last name in paypal (which is kinda a pain! I need to scan my DL). The seller I bought from...kateszabone has a really pretty gold necklace (two ovals, one textured, one flat) I almost bought. I think it is only $38.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
YAY....glad y''all are finding some things on Etsy! I''m not a vendor....just love the site!

I''ve gone up 1/2 to a full size on my stacking rings because I have lupus and my fingers swell. I usually wear 4 rings at a time on my right hand and they fit together really well.

Will post photos as soon as my digital camera arrives.......

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 5:59:55 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Gorgeous stackers, Lori! I just love those.

Any chance you could give us some hand shots, and some idea of the sizes (dimensions) of some of those stones? I have some extra garnets lying around, and this looks like a great way to give them a home.
Fly Girl,

Onegarnetgirl, Maddy, has all sorts of gemstones and she puts the stackers together. They range in all shapes and sizes. She just made a set for me using a HUGE oval kunzite, small round pink tourmaline and small oval pink topaz.....don''t have a photo yet, but will soon.

Most of my stackers range between 4 and 6 mm. Here is an awesome ring she made, using rose gold and silver, and a much larger stone. I''m going to have her make a custom ring for me, like this, using a Dan Stair peach stone.

Lori

il_430xN_42277785.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results