shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Setting for AVC e-ring: Thoughts and Recommendations

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Better photos have arrived! Aaaaahhhhh!!! It's so so so purty! :love:

After confirming with these photos, I have asked Sally to thin out the bezels if possible and make them more delicate (it was hard to see and comment on the bezel size from the hand drawings), but otherwise....Floored! Enamored! Pinching myself that this has finally become a reality!

I just love the way the shank detail came out :) Worth the extra time and effort if I say so myself, and I love how it mirrors the points in the basket :)

The basket also came out wonderful after all of my anxieties about it :) I am still getting used to the minor tweaks (bigger middle point, thicker bottom donut, etc.) and all of the necessary changes made to the initial "vision" in the design process, but I am quickly falling in love, and I really really like it.

The kornerupine are darn hard to photograph, but I know that they are just beautiful iridescent bubbles of heaven irl....

The snaps! (plus hand modeling by Sally)
Renae's Engagement Ring Diamond and Kornerupine 006.JPG
Renae's Engagement Ring Diamond and Kornerupine 023.JPG
Renae's Engagement Ring Diamond and Kornerupine 026.JPG
Renae's Engagement Ring Diamond and Kornerupine 050.JPG

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Using all of my self control to put off a SMTB thread until the bezels are fixed and the ring is in-hand! :rolleyes:

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Calling the peanut galley! Quick thoughts on the bezels?

Sally responded and said that the bezels look thicker in photos (due to reflections) than in reality. She says they are 0.3mm. She also said that they can try but that it is unlikely that they can go smaller with hand-forged bezels. Thoughts?

Made another thread bc I needed rapid-fire feedback. I have to tell Sally today essentially if I want to make any change and still get my ring in time.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/quick-feedback-thinness-of-hand-forged-bezels.245386/

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I'm delighted it's finished!

Can Sally send you a quick video? That might give you a more realistic idea of the bezels. I could see her thinning out the outside edges of the bezels if you went that route, but not sure how she would thin out the inner parts without essentially remaking it.

I think it looks beautiful. I also know what you mean about the bezels but please remember that your side stone trilogy are quite broad already and visually you'll notice even tiny additions because of that. In that way the bezels may be thin enough already.

My personal opinion is that she should hopefully show you a video so you have some processing time, and then you should actually have it sent to you. Live with it whilst you see Luis and if you still have issue when you get back then send it back for modification. That seems the safest way to handle it?

Sometimes with these anxiety producing situations we are at risk of making quick decisions that we regret in the long term, hence why I'm encouraging you to have more processing time. I also know sometimes our first reaction is the right one.

What are the consequences to you of having it and then sending it back? I presume that's a possible strategy anyway.

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your thoughtful response, as always, @Lykame :)

I asked Sally for a video, so we shall see what she sends along!

My inclination at this point is to just go with it. I definitely don't want to ask Sally and Pomme to do something impossible. Less control with the hand forging, but for the e-ring I love to know the time and hours and love that went into making it, so even my detail-oriented self is less critical (though it may not seem like it!)

I definitely accept the broadness of the side clusters (part of my inspiration!), though funnily, I thought that that would make small differences in the bezel size MORE important rather than less. Though I suppose you are right.

Deciding whether or not to sit with it and think. I don't need the ring right now, but it would be shame after Sally and Pomme working their butts off to meet the deadline (Pomme worked exclusively on this for more than a week, and late into the evenings...) to let it slip by.

It's not HoW policy to continue to make changes after the ring has been sent. If I were truly unhappy, I'm sure Sally would make the changes. The biggest obstacle with this strategy in the high cost of international shipping. And import duties since this is now a finished ring. Blegh.

So most likely keeping it as-is, but we will see what the video brings!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there milgrain on the bezels? Maybe have the milgrain made so its not as quite as fine (so it shows up more) to help break up the metal look?

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
@tyty333 yes...I see what you mean. I like milgrain and I think it softens bezels up a whole lot. Might be worth considering @elliefire99

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @tyty333 and @tlfiore!
I updated my other thread, but not here.
I ended up deciding to leave it as-is until I can see the ring in person, since my milgrain tastes veer delicate. If the bezels still seem not quite right after living with it for a bit, I will have heavier milgrain applied later!

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Shamelessly adding this video capture to show off how booootiful the kornerupine are irl. :kiss2:

This is going to be the longest 6-8 day wait of my life!
Screenshot_20181206-040800_Video Player.jpg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Shamelessly adding this video capture to show off how booootiful the kornerupine are irl. :kiss2:

This is going to be the longest 6-8 day wait of my life!
Screenshot_20181206-040800_Video Player.jpg

I think your thought process has been great and I think it's always a good idea to get a group opinion.

Looking at that picture from the video, the side stones are SO BRIGHT I'm not sure you're going to notice the bezels!

Really exited for you and glad the timing is working out so well.

Would Sally be happy to increase the millgrain if needed? Personally thinking it's not going to be necessary, I suspect they millgrained to the point everything was nicely balanced as they are artists at heart.

No way you can actually post that video? :D

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Really exited for you and glad the timing is working out so well.

Would Sally be happy to increase the millgrain if needed? Personally thinking it's not going to be necessary, I suspect they millgrained to the point everything was nicely balanced as they are artists at heart.

No way you can actually post that video? :D

Yee! Excited. We ended up having to go with the $$ DHL option because the darned airline emailed me to say that the flight has been bumped up to noon and the 14th instead of early morning on the 15th. Boooo, but at least they told me before we mailed!

I'm sure Sally would add heavier millgrain if asked, but I decided not to until I actually see it. I generally prefer lighter millgrain, and if I want more, I will probably just pay someone here in LA (like DK) to do it.

And I love my little stones :) I was sad that they were looking so dreary in the earlier photos.
I didn't post the video before, because I didn't want to "overshare," but I if the people want it, I do what the people want!! Haha. Coming soon.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Ze video. Sally is so sweet :)

Oh my gosh there is no such thing as overshare!!!!!!!

That looks beautiful! :appl::appl::appl:

I think in person those bezels are going to be a complete non-issue. It all looks fab. I can't wait until I'm in private, then I can watch that video with the sound on.

Awww congratulations!

So when will it arrive?!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty!!!! Cannot wait for your pics IRL!!!

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
So when will it arrive?!

:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Tuesday if all goes well. Wednesday at the absolute latest. I actually asked DHL to hold the package at the LA service center instead of sending it out for delivery, so it may be even earlier! :D

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Ze video. Sally is so sweet :)

Oh my gosh she is so so sweet! Love her! I love the ring even more listening to her talk about it. I mean it really is a work of art. I think you're going to be blown away with how beautiful and delicate it is in real life!

Sooooo excited for you!!!

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Ring is FINALLY at the facility in Los Angeles
But DHL told my inpatient a** that it's still not ready to pick up yet. Boooo.

So close!

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
OMG !!! Open it already!!! Can't wait to see on you!! Congrats!!
:lol: Trust me. Looking at that box as I sit in LA traffic is killing me as much as you. And Luis really wants to put the ring on me himself, so hand shots must wait!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
:lol: Trust me. Looking at that box as I sit in LA traffic is killing me as much as you. And Luis really wants to put the ring on me himself, so hand shots must wait!

I knew this was going to involve some sort of wait! I'm impressed you're managing to wait until you're home, that box would have been disintegrated were I to get my grubby hands on it...! :twisted2:

Sooooo excited for you. Definitely not surprised that hand shots must wait until Luis... Fair... But you'll post non-hand shots!

Right?!

:pray:o_O:pray:

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
It's truly beautiful!! Did it come in that lovely little bowl? I'm so thrilled for you. :love:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Amazing, to see it from your early drawings/vision to this masterpiece! How exciting for you! I think it looks fantastic!

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
It's truly beautiful!! Did it come in that lovely little bowl? I'm so thrilled for you. :love:

Thank you! Still swooning over here...

And it did come in the little bowl. Pretty sure it was to circumvent package scanners. But also the perfect little ring stand. It's almost like she knew ;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results