shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom setting/CAD input

puncho

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I have the stone and have turned to David Klass to design the setting and mount the stone. This is the first CAD he sent me, so far it looks good! Just a few minor(?) modifications but wondering what a more experienced person could point out in case I missed anything. The stone is a ACA 1 carat from WF and H color/SI1 "eye clean" clarity. Mr. Klass found some G color and VS2 side stones. Would the fact that the side stones are better in clarity/color affect the way the center stone looks? Thanks!

First, I probably want the prongs to be smaller/daintier. I'd want to remove the prongs in the middle of the side trillion diamonds. The prongs were there originally when it was the three individual small ones. This would open up the gallery of the side stones since the shoulder of the ring would be further from the center stone (the white area boxed by red).

My main concern is the angulation of the side stones. They seem more acute/angled than the inspiration ring. I would try to want it to be flatter with the center stone and shift the prongs closest to the center stone prong to be more parallel (right now the center stone prong is slightly curved). I tried to show this by drawing the 2 red lines. This would make the furthest prongs to be higher and to make it look less awkward, would that mean making the shoulder higher as well (the red marked on the shoulder) or is there another way?

To make the setting of the 3 stones flatter, would I need to use smaller side trillion stones? I realize that it may be because she has a small ring size (size 4), but I don't have a problem with that as long as the proportion and angulation looks good.

Thanks all in advance for your insight!

1_456.jpg
Ring setting inspiration (but with trillion side diamonds and not individual small ones)

10_13.jpg

16_4.jpg

17_5.jpg

This is the 1st CAD drawing Mr. Klass sent:

1st_cad.jpg

This is the modifications that I think will make it more similar to the inspiration ring

ring_mod_0.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They basket design is boxy and cheap looking. Have david redo the basket like any of these. The basket should allow a flush fit or straight fit wedding band. Or at the least a very close fitting one. The basket designed for you will leave a huge gap.

ERD%20Anna%20-%2037-5210-8W-E.jpg

flush_fit_three_stone.jpg

flush_fit_profile.jpg

_37613.jpg

puncho

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the options gypsy! Those look great and I had thought about the same and so I asked about changing it to the 3rd one down. She still likes the "retro" look of the design in the pictures I linked though. Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results